Seismion - new active isolation platform from Germany

Agh! - Just seen the latest post by JEB42, while I was typing!

I think I'll just wait until Thursday, when the JS-2 and cable is due to arrive. The Uptone Sapphire cable is terminated 2.5mm at the LPSU end and I have requested 2.1mm at the Seismion end (as a result of information posted above).

I'll try it plugged in both ways and that should settle things! I can always return it and order the 2.5mm termination at the Seismion end of the cable!

I'll keep everyone updated!
You're going to be good. I measured the terminations on both my Reactio and Reactio Plus models using gauge pins, and they are both 2.1mm ID's.

Reactions: XCop5089
Agh! - Just seen the latest post by JEB42, while I was typing!

I think I'll just wait until Thursday, when the JS-2 and cable is due to arrive. The Uptone Sapphire cable is terminated 2.5mm at the LPSU end and I have requested 2.1mm at the Seismion end (as a result of information posted above).

I'll try it plugged in both ways and that should settle things! I can always return it and order the 2.5mm termination at the Seismion end of the cable!

I'll keep everyone updated!
This is an older email from Sebastian regarding the size of the connector. It is 2.1mm

"seems like the power supply's data sheet uses different DC plugs, all our isolators have a 2.1mm inner diameter pin." Best Regards Sebastian Mojrzisch Managing director"

Picture attached of the Mouser 90 degree connector that can be attached to the Seismion supplied straight connector. It is indeed 2.1mm.

I have just tried a 2.5mm connection into the Reaction 651 and 653's. It does work but it is loose. 2.1 works better.

Attachments

• IMG_8348.jpeg
    IMG_8348.jpeg
    793.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: XCop5089

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu