Sublime Sound

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Peter, the two bolded lines are confusing. Did the electrician use 20 amp breakers for your 30 amp circuits? If so, what makes the circuit '30 amps'?

Can’t answer that Ian. The breakers are rated for 20 A but it’s a 30 amp circuit based on the wiring used. I think the breaker is just rated to trip at that level but that the line can carry more power.

certainly others will have a better answer for you.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Very interesting, Peter! Thank you for the report!

Are you able to tell us your impressions focusing solely on the comparison between regular in-wall house power cable versus JPS In-Wall cable?

(I installed JPS In-Wall after it was recommended to me by my electrical contractor, and before I thought carefully myself about these issues. But I did abort the installation of Furutech NCF duplex receptacle components.)

Ron, you may want to contact JPS labs to see if the wire they sold 20 years ago is the same as the wire they sold you five years ago. It’s very possible that it’s different and may sound different in your installation than it does in my installation.

Having done these series of experiments in my own system, if I were to ever move, I would start out with a very basic electrical delivery set up like I have now and only after the system was fine tuned and playing would I ever consider getting aftermarket specialty outlets and wiring. And then I would only do listening comparisons before making a change. Sometimes that is easier said than done with in wall wiring.

Reactions: andromedaaudio

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Peter. I believe that that cable has never changed materials or construction.

Reactions: PeterA

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I would like to point out that everything Peter is doing is through the lens of Pass and Magico. Not everything will be universal.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I would like to point out that everything Peter is doing is through the lens of Pass and Magico. Not everything will be universal.

More than that, it is through the lens of my own ears and brain which are completely corrupted.

Please feel free to ignore all of my results and reports. I’m not claiming anything is universal or applicable outside of the four walls of my listening room.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
So do you contend there are no disadvantages to such a system type, SETs/horns? Do you think they could play prog rock and electronica to your full satisfaction as well?

You need to gain SETs horns experience or stop spreading FUD. Horns are the best for rock

There are plenty here from drums to led zep and black Sabbath but you don't do videos either

Reactions: Vienna

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
You need to gain SETs horns experience or stop spreading FUD. Horns are the best for rock

There are plenty here from drums to led zep and black Sabbath but you don't do videos either

You should hear the Black Sabbath on my system. Completely and brutally blows away those videos, which are pretty disappointing actually. Nothing beats hearing a good system in person. But let's not have another video discussion on Peter's thread.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You should hear the Black Sabbath on my system. Completely and brutally blows away those videos, which are pretty disappointing actually. Nothing beats hearing a good system in person. But let's not have another video discussion on Peter's thread.

Put up videos

• Haha
Reactions: Al M.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
...and BREATHE...

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Beautiful, Peter! It looks literally NOS!

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I am waiting on the second armboard which has been shipped from Hong Kong. I will then mount the second NOS 3012R in the rear position.

I have also designed a new 225 lbs stainless steel plinth to replace the optional air base that did not come with the turntable. The two stainless plates will be delivered by the machine shop in a couple of weeks. The new base will be in two pieces, one under the motor unit, and one under the main chassis to better isolate the motor from the chassis. It will replace the black steel plate in the photos. I do not look forward to dismantling the whole thing and reassembling it again. It is a heavy beast of a turntable.

Reactions: Folsom

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Beautiful, Peter! It looks literally NOS!

Thank you Ron. It is in outstanding condition. When I contacted ddk in early December with the request to locate one of these for me, I specified condition and gave him a budget. He did the rest. I was prepared to wait a year or longer. David told me he would know within a month and I detected a high degree of confidence in his response. The table arrived last week superbly packed in a custom Pelican flight case.

This sample is very complete, except for the optional air bladder base unit. Included with the package are four unused arm board inserts for different tonearms and two unused NOS belts. The two NOS tonearms I bought from him were for the Japanese market, so this is a complete package in mint condition. I think the table is from about 1984, near the end of the SX8000II production run. I feel very fortunate to be the lucky steward of such a "Beyond" level turntable.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Thank you Ron. It is in outstanding condition. When I contacted ddk in early December with the request to locate one of these for me, I specified condition and gave him a budget. He did the rest. I was prepared to wait a year or longer. David told me he would know within a month and I detected a high degree of confidence in his response. The table arrived last week superbly packed in a custom Pelican flight case.

This sample is very complete, except for the optional air bladder base unit. Included with the package are four unused arm board inserts for different tonearms and two unused NOS belts. The two NOS tonearms I bought from him were for the Japanese market, so this is a complete package in mint condition. I think the table is from about 1984, near the end of the SX8000II production run. I feel very fortunate to be the lucky steward of such a "Beyond" level turntable.
Congratulations Peter. It looks like a beautiful example. May i ask what the 4 other armboards are? I presume these are for use with the AX10-G?

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Panzerholz is gaining some traction in this hobby. I know Steve McCormack swears by it. He installed a panzerholz fuse cap on my DNA 1 when he and Pat performed the gravity base upgrade and he know offers the UFO vibration platform made with panzerholz and stillpoints. Does it make a difference? Don’t know as I don’t have the UFO.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing