Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

The Switch + Network Card finally arrived. I haven't even tried to place the card while the new support arrives. I have connected with the old card that is in slot 2. The Switch does not have any lights, so I don't even know if it is connected to the current. I have executed Fing and the Extreme does not appear, so I have entered in VNC all the IPs that came out in Fing. I don't connect with any. It's downright daunting.
It can be daunting, even for a tech person; but it’s not difficult if you take it step by step. I think the main thing is to ensure that the new card is firmly seated and it’s level with the other cards. Wait for the new bracket to arrive, don’t even try with the old one.
Keep the power cord in and touch the chassis of the Extreme to ground yourself when you start.

Remember you need to restart XDMS after rebooting the Extreme.

It can be daunting, even for a tech person; but it’s not difficult if you take it step by step. I think the main thing is to ensure that the new card is firmly seated and it’s level with the other cards. Wait for the new bracket to arrive, don’t even try with the old one.
Keep the power cord in and touch the chassis of the Extreme to ground yourself when you start.

Like Emile said contact support.

I disagree with your assertion not to use the old card. I have been using the old card without one glitch for 1 week now and it's extremely musically satisfying and zero frustration or messing around with anything.

Everyone has their own recipe, but I know many users that have not had success with the new card and the more you mess around with it trying to get it to work if it doesn't just happen to work you can mess something up during trying to get it to work.

I'm not saying not to try to get the new card to work, but I question saying don't use the old card. It works great and sounds VG.

I’m guessing that the lack of any LED lights is a sound quality choice, but I can see it being confusing if you can’t see the device anywhere.
It's not that difficult, Melco has a switch to turn off the leds, but if it's on you know it works.

Reactions: Rhapsody

I haven't even tried to put the new card in.

Like Emile said contact support.

I disagree with your assertion not to use the old card. I have been using the old card without one glitch for 1 week now and it's extremely musically satisfying and zero frustration or messing around with anything.

Everyone has their own recipe, but I know many users that have not had success with the new card and the more you mess around with it trying to get it to work if it doesn't just happen to work you can mess something up during trying to get it to work.

I'm not saying not to try to get the new card to work, but I question saying don't use the old card. It works great and sounds VG.
I agree, my post was misunderstood: I meant to use the old card, not the new card with the old bracket.

Has everyone gotten notification from FedEx? I have heard nothing so far as to ETA or even a tracking number
You've been so happy with the old bracket they figured that you didn't need the new bracket:p

Power cycle the Switch and ensure the DC connector is firmly inserted. Check that you are getting 12V from the DC plug and use the stock power supply.
1.- At the moment I use the switched ps that the Switch brings
2.- I have measured with a multimeter and it gives 12.06 Volt
3.- The adapter for RJ45 is firmly inserted and blocked.
4.- The Switch has been disconnected and reconnected several times.
5.- The Extreme has been rebooted.
So far I write because my mood is let's say "hectic" to put it mildly.

well we know everything has shipped so the unknown is when and where it is in transit with a tracking number

Unfortunately the Fedex web interface is acting up. Several European shipments show delivered already. US shipments show this:

Departed FedEx location
GRACE-HOLLOGNE BE
16/03/2023 8:13 AM

Reactions: steve williams
1.- At the moment I use the switched ps that the Switch brings
2.- I have measured with a multimeter and it gives 12.06 Volt
3.- The adapter for RJ45 is firmly inserted and blocked.
4.- The Switch has been disconnected and reconnected several times.
5.- The Extreme has been rebooted.
So far I write because my mood is let's say "hectic" to put it mildly.

Did you see the reply from support? ~ 40 minutes ago.

This is getting better. The person who contacted support has had to go to a meeting, but says that he is almost certain that the switch is not receiving power (we cannot know because there are no leds) and because the connector supplied with the PS is of 8 mm and The switch needs 11 mm.

This is getting better. The person who contacted support has had to go to a meeting, but says that he is almost certain that the switch is not receiving power (we cannot know because there are no leds) and because the connector supplied with the PS is of 8 mm and The switch needs 11 mm.
Would be best to work this through support, don't you think?

Reactions: Di-fi
My US shipment shows:

IN TRANSIT

At local FedEx facility
OUDE MEER NL
3/16/2023 9:20 AM

Looks like no joy for the weekend...

Would be best to work this through support, don't you think?
I'm already doing it, but do you have something against the rest of the owners being informed, or do we only have to report the positive things, silence the negative ones.

Reactions: Armsan and adyc
I'm already doing it, but do you have something against the rest of the owners being informed, or do we only have to report the positive things, silence the negative ones.
Do what you like, although support has a quick way to tell if the Switch is ON. Plus the supplied wall wart does work. It might not fit ideally but it does connect and give power.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu