Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Based on the customer experiences with previous products of this company, I’m not sure if this is something worth promoting.

Their behavior is obviously wrong.

LH is wrong, but their new products are not wrong.

And

I just inform good matching DAC with SGM Extreme.

I don't need to advertise LH in the world.

I'm OK Korean sales amount is very good.

pleroma

Jul 7, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: Taiko Audio

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Looks like it would have a stealthy radar signature ;)

(thinking F-117)

I'm proceeding Da Vinci MK III Sire comparison test with Trinity DAC, d1-Twelve MK II, Reference & Select II full options.

12 Korean audiophiles said Da Vinci MK III Sire is better than Trinity & Reference Full Option.

Tomorrow I'll do Da Vinci MK III Sire vs d1-Twelve MK II test.

After one month, Korean audiophile MUSCLE PAIN will make movies about Da Vinci MK III Sire vs Select II full option.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Maybe they're like that Stealth design they use.
Once they have the money, wow, you just can't see them anymore.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Barry, it looks like this $60k LH dac is another crowdfunded one. Certainly Audiophilestyle forum is accusing it of that. Can Esotar come on here and confirm whether that's the case or not?

I just inform reasonable DAC.

I never need to advertise LH new DACs in the world.

My aim is that LH DAC Korean sales amount is no. 1 in Korea and possibility is very high.

Here is SGM Extreme thread.

There must be many infos make SGM Extreme quality be high.

My post is just one of many infos.

SGM Extreme's best partner DAC is Select II full option.

But few audiophiles can get it.

We must find second best DAC.

LH Labs did very wrong behavior. I never sell LH Labs products.

I sell only Light Harmonic products.

Look at USB cable thread.

10G USB cable is very popular.

This is LH Labs products but no one attack 10G.

I don't sell 10G USB.

I sell Light Harmonic 20G USB.

shaned

Nov 7, 2019
If few audiophiles can buy a Select II at about $85,000 then I’m not sure many of them could afford to buy one at $60,000 either

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
If few audiophiles can buy a Select II at about $85,000 then I’m not sure many of them could afford to buy one at $60,000 either

You're almost right.

This DAC output jitter is 35fs.

Select II Femto 33 is about $ 20,000. At least Select II price must be $ 104,500

Da Vinci MK III Sire is the cheapest DAC that has ultra precision.

And the exact price is $ 58,000.

Just 55,6% price~!

Two DAC is all expensive.

But for high end users, the DAC may be reasonable.

So I introduced Da Vinci.

Ilonatensil

Jan 8, 2020
H i everyone.

I am just starting to look into computer audio systems based music server and I am fascinated with the Taiko Audio products. They are absolute Hi End products.

I would like to get some more details on the components that are been used in the SGM Extreme.

Could anyone please tell me what the Manufacturer and the Model of there industrial memory modules are?
These custom ordered industrial memory modules must been built from an base memory module of the Manufacturer.

I also would like to know what PCIe storage are been used for the Music storage that can be upgraded up to 24TB.

Kind regards Ilona Tensil

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
H i everyone.

I am just starting to look into computer audio systems based music server and I am fascinated with the Taiko Audio products. They are absolute Hi End products.

I would like to get some more details on the components that are been used in the SGM Extreme.

Could anyone please tell me what the Manufacturer and the Model of there industrial memory modules are?
These custom ordered industrial memory modules must been built from an base memory module of the Manufacturer.

I also would like to know what PCIe storage are been used for the Music storage that can be upgraded up to 24TB.

Kind regards Ilona Tensil

Hello Ilona,

Welcome to the What's Best Forum.

I hope you understand we cannot disclose the exact manufacturer / model name of the memory modules used. It would be pointless anyway as they are not available to consumers / in small quantities.

The storage drives are 2TB Intel 660p M.2 modules.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
“Upon the personal installation of Taiko Audio SGM Extreme by Emile, we've spent almost an hour or two solely for moving the music server for millimeters on the Artesania Audio Exoteryc high-end audio rack and the difference was mind-boggling. More than a dozen times we just looked at each other with amaze and both nodded silently”

Perhaps it is somewhat exaggerated to spend two hours moving millimeters and obtaining such great differences.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You gotta wonder what that rack is doing. Or not doing.

Reactions: adyc

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
“Upon the personal installation of Taiko Audio SGM Extreme by Emile, we've spent almost an hour or two solely for moving the music server for millimeters on the Artesania Audio Exoteryc high-end audio rack and the difference was mind-boggling. More than a dozen times we just looked at each other with amaze and both nodded silently”

Perhaps it is somewhat exaggerated to spend two hours moving millimeters and obtaining such great differences.

Not really
The Extreme is the most sensitive component I have ever had to changes, PC's, etc.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Not really
The Extreme is the most sensitive component I have ever had to changes, PC's, etc.

agree.

going from single Daiza to double Daiza a month ago was a clear step up.

last week changed my fuse to the Brimar; very nice small but clear step up in purity and refinement over the stock fuse (many thanks to Esotar). and over the week has continued to get a little better.

some gear really tells you all the truth. it seems like the Extreme performs in the clear air. we sometimes see that with particularly uber-detailed gear but maybe lacking a natural tonal balance. the Extreme is clear but always natural. and more information does not push it tonally in a wrong direction in my experience.

Last edited:

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Then it is difficult to understand so much effort in a massive mechanized chassis, and panzerholz inside if after a millimeter or position change the sound changes so much.
The fuse change is another story.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing