Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
It's Extreme week on https://audiophilestyle.com !

A quote from the site owner Chris Connaker:

Editor's Note: This week Audiophile Style is going to extremes. In fact, we are calling it Extreme Week here on AS. Three months ago when I first talked to Ray about publishing a review of the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme, I had no idea he would put an extreme amount of work into the effort and put together a treatise on his experience. When I read through it the first time, I knew we had to do something different. Thus, we have dedicated an entire week to publishing Ray's review of the SGM Extreme. One part each day, Monday through Friday. I hope the AS Community enjoys reading this review series as much as I have. - CC

Here is the link to the first part:
https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/revi...the-taiko-audio-sgm-extreme-part-1-of-5-r907/

Up until a few days ago I was completely unaware of this. @ray-dude ordered an Extreme around 3 months ago, he did ask me a few questions here and there and mentioned he was writing something, but I though it was going to be a forum feedback post similar to the elaborate series @romaz has posted in this thread.

Today happens to be my birthday, I turned 47, time flies when you're having fun, but this must be the best birthday present I have ever received. Thank you Ray!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/revi...the-taiko-audio-sgm-extreme-part-1-of-5-r907/

Up until a few days ago I was completely unaware of this. @ray-dude ordered an Extreme around 3 months ago, he did ask me a few questions here and there and mentioned he was writing something, but I though it was going to be a forum feedback post similar to the elaborate series @romaz has posted in this thread.

Today happens to be my birthday, I turned 47, time flies when you're having fun, but this must be the best birthday present I have ever received. Thank you Ray!
200w.gif

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Happy Birthday Emile.Many more happy returns of the day. God bless

Reactions: Taiko Audio

ray-dude

Dec 8, 2019
Happy Birthday Emile, and best wishes for a healthy and fulfilling Year 47!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
47 seems like an eternity ago.
Turning 50 seems so last year (+ another 5 lol).
Hell, pre Covid seems an age.

Jpowell

Dec 23, 2011
I'll add my happy birthday greeting also, Emile. 47--still a youngster. ;)
And congratulations on the audiophilestyle coup. That's a pretty impressive achievement and well-earned recognition.
Jerry

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Happy birthday, Emile! Great present you got from AS.
keep on with the impressive work.

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012

Still a kid! Happy birthday youngster -- have a great day and treat yourself and your family to some cake and ice cream. You deserve it.

Steve Z

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012

I was lucky enough to see Ray's long review in preliminary form. He and a few of my audiophile friends have been carrying on a back-channel discussion about networking, the Extreme, and a variety of networking devices. Ray was kind enough to lend me his EtherRegen for the ER, OM and FMC comparision I did a few weeks ago while he was waiting for his own Extreme to arrive.

Ray is very thorough and methodical and though I haven't read the finished product (yet!) at AS, I'll be following it as each installment is published. Though I've had my Extreme longer than he has had his, I have to say that I've been learning more from him than he from me.

Congratulations to you both, Emile and Ray.

Steve Z

ray-dude

Dec 8, 2019
The pleasure was very much mine Steve! Becoming a part of the Extreme Project has been an advanced graduate course in digital audio. Very grateful to all those who've shared so much of their experiences and learnings.

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Happy belated bday Emile! Great to see such a positive deluge of deserved energy for you on this thread. Beyond your acumen and technical genius we witness, I am particularly awed by your passion and communication that transcends and redefines what I had become accustomed to in this hobby. Enjoy and thank you for your tireless efforts!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing