Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

wil

Jul 22, 2015
TAS Hint: I accidentally found my preferred interface within the mysterious universe of LMS.

Pictures shown below. I can go from the full screen play mode shown in pic #1 to a couple of useful Queue/ etc screens in pics #2-3 -- by tapping the "open square" icon shown along the top bar just to the right of "i" ,

The interesting part is how to get into this interface option in the first place (maybe there is another way to get there). That is:

1. Tap the floppy disk icon for saving to a playlist. Don't save anything.
2. Tap "Return" on keyboard

If the screen goes into half-screen mode, tap the circular arrow icon.

I actually prefer this simple interface to what I used to do in Room.

Attachments

• tas1.jpg
    tas1.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 25
  • tas2.jpg
    tas2.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 25
  • tas2a.jpg
    tas2a.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 27

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
Why changing the remote ( different ipads) influences so much the SQ of extreme?
unfortunate the better ipad the more controlled sound .
tested ipad pro v older ipad air . Pro is great,
What will be the best recommendation from Taiko Team as there are also Android ipads
I did not try ?
Is a general recommendation in that ?

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
To upgrade to 8.1.1 do I need to log into mysqueezbox.com? If so, did you guys set up our credentials?

It looks like I have to first download the package and then install it in windows via the viewer. Is this correct? (Feel free to move this to PM).
The Beta v2 will be installable via the App, and will include LMS 8.2

So our suggestion is not to upgrade to 8.1.1 and wait for the upgrade

If you install 8.X, it won’t install in the appropriate folder and getting it to work involves a lot of messing around. I have been there, done that, and it’s highly not recommended ;-)

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
The Beta v2 will be installable via the App, and will include LMS 8.2

So our suggestion is not to upgrade to 8.1.1 and wait for the upgrade

If you install 8.X, it won’t install in the appropriate folder and getting it to work involves a lot of messing around. I have been there, done that, and it’s highly not recommended ;-)

I will leave things alone for now and just enjoy the music.

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Why changing the remote ( different ipads) influences so much the SQ of extreme?
unfortunate the better ipad the more controlled sound .
tested ipad pro v older ipad air . Pro is great,
What will be the best recommendation from Taiko Team as there are also Android ipads
I did not try ?
Is a general recommendation in that ?
It seems that browser in Android OS has less Browser/Wifi activity than a similar browser in iOs or it could be the way the radio works in Android

different models of iPhone and iPad sound different as well. Could be the Wifi signal strength is different in different models

I have inorder of SQ from highest to lowest

Samsung A40
Lenovo M8
iphone 8 Plus
iPad mini 4

Not tested iPad 2018

As always YMMV

Last edited:
Reactions: Kris

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Can one just close the app after selecting music so this is a non-issue?

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
It seems that browser in Android OS has less Wifi activity than a similar browser in iOs or it could be the way the radio works in Android

different models of iPhone and iPad sound different as well. Could be the Wifi signal strength is different in different models

Samsung A40
Lenovo M8
iphone 8 Plus
iPad mini 4

Not tested iPad 2018

As always YMMV

Ed,
afaik Kris uses not wifi with his iPad, it is a wired connection.

Matt

wil

Jul 22, 2015
I use iPad, wifi off, blue tooth off
It is wired to ethernet which is connected to a switch not used for anything audio. I goes to the house modem which is connected to Wifi for the house but the Wifi is connected by fiber, so it should be isolated.

Given that setup, is there some way the iPad could still be effecting the Audio?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
need some basic TAS help.......my Quboz files won't play. i see them and can navigate, but nothing loads. and i cannot find the access to Quboz authorization. i'm sure at some point i was shown how to do it.....but after searching for 20 minutes cannot find it. i checked my Quboz account on line and it's current. just need a little coaching to see where to look.

been limping along with TAS lately as i've had lots of distractions; so might have missed an update somewhere. a few other irritations but this is the only one blocking access.

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
need some basic TAS help.......my Quboz files won't play. i see them and can navigate, but nothing loads. and i cannot find the access to Quboz authorization. i'm sure at some point i was shown how to do it.....but after searching for 20 minutes cannot find it. i checked my Quboz account on line and it's current. just need a little coaching to see where to look.

been limping along with TAS lately as i've had lots of distractions; so might have missed an update somewhere. a few other irritations but this is the only one blocking access.
Have you tried restarting your TAS app, Mike. That took care of the problem for me.

Good luck!

Steve Z

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Have you tried restarting your TAS app, Mike. That took care of the problem for me.

Good luck!

Steve Z
Have you tried closing the app, reopening it and then turning off and then on your player of choice. I’ve found often this solves it
thank you. it worked, duh.

thank you for slapping me out of my stupor. shows you how out of touch i've been. re-booting should have been my first thought.

while re-booting i did go back and visit Roon for the first time in many months, had to do the update and get my files remapped too. a clear step down in presence. liked the interface, but.........

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
It seems that browser in Android OS has less Browser/Wifi activity than a similar browser in iOs or it could be the way the radio works in Android

Samsung A40
Lenovo M8
iphone 8 Plus
iPad mini 4

Not tested iPad 2018

As always YMMV
thank you
did you try it over the wire ?
without wifi ,

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
I use iPad, wifi off, blue tooth off
It is wired to ethernet which is connected to a switch not used for anything audio. I goes to the house modem which is connected to Wifi for the house but the Wifi is connected by fiber, so it should be isolated.

Given that setup, is there some way the iPad could still be effecting the Audio?
I suggest direct wire from you ipad to audio modem

if you think you can isolate wifi with Network devices or optical I a
must say it is isolating but partially only.

if you dont have wifi anywere in audio system chain there is not much to clean
you will hear what it means.
just try

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing