Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Windows Version of XDMS App

You can listen to XDMS and work on your PC at the same time
This does naturally beg the question... 'who' can? ;)
Just wondering if any updates on progress or how sound quality is sounding vs TAS as XDMS development continues?

Looking for recommendations regarding footers for the Taiko Extreme...

I realize Taiko's own Daiza Isolation Platforms and Critical Mass CenterStage 2M are heavy favorites.

Any others? ...Footers, specifically. Thanks.

For those of us who don't own a PC I think we would rather listen to XDMS in our sound rooms taking it all in :cool:

TAS app expires in 25 days o_O
The main benefit of having Windows and Mac versions of the XDMS App, it makes introducing, the XDMS interface and setting up for Extreme Users that much easier.

We can TeamViewer in and see and click on the App. With TAS it was iphone video call or imagining in our heads what was on the screen

The fact that we have compiled a Windows version and about to compile a Mac version is an indication that the roll out is not far away

Just wondering if any updates on progress or how sound quality is sounding vs TAS as XDMS development continues?
Christiaan has signed off on this upcoming release, but the development of the SQ is ongoing and will be for a long time.

XDMS will be the software that keeps on giving SQ upticks

The main benefit of having Windows and Mac versions of the XDMS App, it makes introducing, the XDMS interface and setting up for Extreme Users that much easier.

We can TeamViewer in and see and click on the App. With TAS it was iphone video call or imagining in our heads what was on the screen

The fact that we have compiled a Windows version and about to compile a Mac version is an indication that the roll out is not far away

Hmmm, does this run in a browser or is it a real windows/Mac program?

I have neither OS, I use either the tas Android app or a browser on a Linux laptop.

Please confirm you have me covered as well for xdms.

I have neither OS, I use either the tas Android app or a browser on a Linux laptop.

The Windows Web App runs as a standalone app. It is in addition to the dedicated iOS and Android apps.

Last edited:
:)

As Ed mentioned, XDMS is not yet finished and we're still working on implementing further improvements. But even as it stands, XDMS is a marked improvement over both TAS and Roon. I personally leaned more toward TAS than Roon but I also felt that both have their respective merits and tradeoffs. XDMS offers the best qualities of both in a presentation that is closer to the Taiko ideal. The precise perceived differences will depend on the version of Roon, but typically, XDMS sounds more agile, lively, and expressive than Roon yet more fluid and organic than TAS.

No worries

we can Anydesk into your Android tablet

No worries

we can Anydesk into your Android tablet

Ok. So the only thing that goes away is the browser access that lms has at ip:9000? I can live with that :)

Downloaded anydesk to my android devices. Standing by for further instructions.
Edit:. Corrected ip port.

Last edited:
Ok. So the only thing that goes away is the browser access that lms has at ip:8080? I can live with that :)

Downloaded anydesk to my android devices. Standing by for further instructions.
You get a TAS browser window with an address of ip:8080? Is that a Linux thing? My web browser TAS window is at ip:9000.

Steve Z

You get a TAS browser window with an address of ip:8080? Is that a Linux thing? My web browser TAS window is at ip:9000.

Steve Z
As XDMS is written from the ground up and no longer includes elements of LMS or TAS, that particular kind of interface will indeed be gone.

Reactions: Steve Williams
Need help. My taiko extreme server was completely powered off for the last 3 weeks. I turned the rear switch to on position and a few minutes later the front power switch, nothing. Tried several times. Powered off completely. Then attempted again. No luck. Was fine 3 weeks ago when powered down. The main fuse is fine. You hear an internal click when the rear switch is power on and you can see that internal lights are on through the cooling holes. Any ideas?

Need help. My taiko extreme server was completely powered off for the last 3 weeks. I turned the rear switch to on position and a few minutes later the front power switch, nothing. Tried several times. Powered off completely. Then attempted again. No luck. Was fine 3 weeks ago when powered down. The main fuse is fine. You hear an internal click when the rear switch is power on and you can see that internal lights are on through the cooling holes. Any ideas?
Yes, send an email to support@taikoaudio.com

Just a thought, but perhaps the IP address was reset? If so, the extreme is not at the same ip as previously assigned.

Use an IP scanner (like Fing on Android, don't know what on windows or apple) to see
1. If the extreme shows up
2. what IP address the extreme is using.
3. Compare that with the IP address the tas app is using
Good luck

Do you mean that when you press the front button, the white light around it does not turn on?

Yes, I got the power button to light up but double beep never happens. I have no dac available at present. I am waiting for my new dac. Was just powering on to see what’s new on Roon. If dac not connected would that cause this issue?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing