Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

YES. If you go BPS the Power Distributer becomes obsolete. I would find it very difficult to imagine the Power Distributer will out perform the BPS....
you are echoing my thoughts exactly as I was under the same impression having read posts yesterday that suggest DCD is obsolete with the BPS

you are echoing my thoughts exactly as I was under the same impression having read posts yesterday that suggest DCD is obsolete with the BPS

Yes it would be obsolete as it’s a noise filter, with our BPS that noise is not there, so nothing to filter out.

i can't think that far ahead............my brain is full just thinking about NSM

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Williams
Yes it would be obsolete as it’s a noise filter, with our BPS that noise is not there, so nothing to filter out.
thank you for confirming what I thought. I think there is universal agreement amongst Taiko users that the DCD is an integral part and everyone is having a wonderful time discovering the filters which I am amongst those as well. Yet the BPS according to Emile is the biggest uptick in sound quality so it makes sense to me that the BPS is the King of the Hill ad going that direction takes the DCD out of the equation.

now even more , members are reaching out to me re the proposed event at my house in the near future where BPS will be showcased and people are wanting to attend to be able to compare both.

Emile, I remember that you answered NO, to a question about whether it was correct to power the ISP Modem-Router, from the DCD. Would it be correct to power the ISP Modem Router from a BPS output?

thank you for confirming what I thought. I think there is universal agreement amongst Taiko users that the DCD is an integral part and everyone is having a wonderful time discovering the filters which I am amongst those as well. Yet the BPS according to Emile is the biggest uptick in sound quality so it makes sense to me that the BPS is the King of the Hill ad going that direction takes the DCD out of the equation.

now even more , members are reaching out to me re the proposed event at my house in the near future where BPS will be showcased and people are wanting to attend to be able to compare both.
Is there a month/year estimate for the BPS event?

Is there a month/year estimate for the BPS event?
when Emile is ready and has the time would be the answer. Hopefully sooner rather than later. There have been many RSVP's but it's all good Emile. You're in the drivers seat

If you go BPS the Power Distributer becomes obsolete. I would find it very difficult to imagine the Power Distributer will out perform the BPS....As Emile shared ALT1, ALT2, DEFAULT, they filter noise...

To that point, it wouldn't be the first time someone has preferred a certain noise signature in the sonic presentation of their system (if they were to prefer the DCD and their own LPS to BPS).

While it is accepted wisdom among most folks that any time we can remove noise it's a good thing, at the end of the day what is most important is that we each have a system that brings us the most emotional involvement from our music.

I'm not taking sides BPS versus DCD -- it's much too early for that. Only saying that some folks may prefer a combination of devices different from others.

Steve Z

To that point, it wouldn't be the first time someone has preferred a certain noise signature in the sonic presentation of their system (if they were to prefer the DCD and their own LPS to BPS).

While it is accepted wisdom among most folks that any time we can remove noise it's a good thing, at the end of the day what is most important is that we each have a system that brings us the most emotional involvement from our music.

I'm not taking sides BPS versus DCD -- it's much too early for that. Only saying that some folks may prefer a combination of devices different from others.

Steve Z
Wise words as always Steve

Having heard the changes in my system with the DCD. , I must admit that I never expected that so for those sitting the sidelines Im hoping that we will be able to listen to both should this event come to fruition and help people decide

Reactions: oldmustang
Emile, I remember that you answered NO, to a question about whether it was correct to power the ISP Modem-Router, from the DCD. Would it be correct to power the ISP Modem Router from a BPS output?

It would definitely benefit from its own DCD but I wouldn’t share a DCD with the Taiko Router and/or Switch. The same goes for the BPS.

Steve Z

Indeed, perhaps controversial, but noise is a part of our systems, and we can “tune” it to our preference, which can be very influential as the DCD proves(?).

Steve Z
Undoubtedly some may prefer the DCD over the BPS. We are referring to audiophiles here. When I proposed this same quandary to Emile he said some just might. If I were to interpret his reply by reading between the lines, I think he would be surprised...BTW Steve I sent you a Email, perhaps you missed it? I would love your take on what I sent...John

Just did few tests and I think everyone purchesing BPS will be interested to use DCD
as a filter for the Modem , home router, home switch , clock supply.
This brings very big and positive difference.
I was hoping to return DCD once I get the BPS but it might be impossible as it woks excellent
in this other areas. ( other than Taiko swich and Taiko router)

Everyone has a modem that might have a very strong influance (as a source in an audio system).
Very important to take care of that aspect.

Just did few tests and I think everyone purchesing BPS will be interested to use DCD
as a filter for the Modem , home router, home switch , clock supply.
This brings very big and positive difference.
I was hoping to return DCD once I get the BPS but it might be impossible as it woks excellent
in this other areas. ( other than Taiko swich and Taiko router)

Everyone has a modem that might have a very strong influance (as a source in an audio system).
Very important to take care of that aspect.

@Taiko Audio instead of the BPS, would it be possible to use an LPS with the DCD to power the NIC/ DAC/ any other components that would normally take the BPS?

VNC and Port Forward with Taiko Router

I spend 2-3 days playing with this but couldn't get it figured out. @nenon did it in 10 minutes. So, here is how it is done.

1 - VNC

1. On the Taiko Router to go Network-> Traffic Rules -> click on Add at the bottom

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 8.05.29 PM.jpeg

Click save; then click Save and Apply

2. Go to Network-> Firewall -> Port Forwards-> click add

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 8.03.11 PM.jpeg

click save; click Save & Apply

3. Go to your computer on your main router (wifi or wired) and open VNC.

Create a new connection or edit an existing one.

The IP address is the Taiko Router's IP address on your main router. In my case it was 192.168.1.180. This is not the Taiko Router IP default gateway of 192.168.100.1.

You should now be able to VNC to the Extreme using your main network.

Now File Sharing

1. On the Taiko Router to go Network-> Traffic Rules -> click on Add at the bottom

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 8.17.12 PM.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 8.01.33 PM.jpeg

On a windows computer you should now to be able to into file explorer and Map A Network Drive.

In "Folder" type in \\192.168.1.180\music where "192.168.1.180" is your Taiko Router IP address (same as with VNC)

The username and password are the same credentials as VNC as well.

Questions?

Now File Sharing

View attachment 118486

View attachment 118487

On a windows computer you should now to be able to into file explorer and Map A Network Drive.

In "Folder" type in \\192.168.1.180\music where "192.168.1.180" is your Taiko Router IP address (same as with VNC)

The username and password are the same credentials as VNC as well.

Questions?

Thanks for the effort. Does it sound as good as without forwarding?

Hi David

excuse my lack of knowledge wrt this but is the reason you’re doing this is to transfer files to the Extreme

My question…….can you not transfer files from laptop to Extreme using Ethernet cable out of laptop direct into LAN1 of the Extreme. Do I also recall that if we use our laptop wireless we are limited to 100 mps but if you go direct into LAN1 speed is 1 gps or is this all a dream of mine

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing