TechDas Air Force One

Is it just me or am I starting to see some similarities between his Micro Seiki table and the Air Force One?

before i be a micro freak . I use most of award turntable like lp 12 , thorens 550 and old model , VPI , accustic signature , clear audio.... alot ofr catridge
airtight lyra dynavector koetsu benz ikeda , FR ... ,most of time I will buy 2-3 copy of each cartrdige model to make compare for my funny by put the same model and same arm in difference turntable and do A/B test until i know some character or that turntable .

why i choose micro ? I love to play loud .
as you know when we have high volume we will got high rumble too .
after play many turntable I see some fact that most of turn will give some character of sound by type of platter and weigh and suspension that can estimate how sound will come and the rest will depend on matching cartridge and tone arm , step up and match to you system .
but on point that i alway hate is rumble sound for platter baring . like boo....
so i start to find any turntable that using any technic that eliminate rumble sound , I ever dream like magnetic baring until i found micro seiki 1500 FVG
it start production it the LP golden age . but just found it i start bought it from hong kong and discover that this technic air baring give better rubble noise ratio and very stable image and 3d sound music more saperation ,the I spent a year to find all micro seiki buy it and test and start repair like a junk man .
i modification and re paint it in color i like . not like other turntable that you can't do anything with it .

when i going deep in detail in japan web site . I feel micro seiki they know what player want to do with their turntable . so they make turntable that suit for cryzy turntable lover guy .

while i repair micro seiki I still look for something better and better . in my opinion I think the if we have more quiet turntable , we will get more music !!!
for the sound character we can adjust by cartridge , cable ,step up, tonearm , wirring and preamp . but if your table not quiet or stable , your 10,000 usd cartridge and 10,000 tone arm are useless.

actually difference kind of platter material will give difference sound . but don't worry micro seiki have platter option for you and it also the same as new techdas , you can choose three kind of platter material the no other turntable do like this .

Last edited:
actually difference kind of platter material will give difference sound . but don't worry micro seiki have platter option for you and it also the same as new techdas , you can choose three kind of platter material the no other turntable do like this .

It is always good to have options!

Wow! What an introduction. Welcome to the forum b3344.

Is that a new feature I see on your Air Force One? The light under the platter. That's beautiful if they did it.

The table I had in Hong Kong also had the air/gel suspension - it was the second prototype of the air/gel bladder. Unfortunately, the one I had at CES had very hard compliance vertically - so that one is going back to Japan to have the suspension modified.

hi have many speaker theil cs 5i cs 2.2 cs 2.4se cs3.7 cs 2.7 scs4 t , rockport avior ,Maten django xl , stering 3/5 , JBL s3100 , 4365 sudio monitor .. ..and more...

hi mr koh as you see the LED light that is special order made for me and another 2 or my friend AF since i see the light under platter on photo type of germany web site . I went to forthwise and I see no light ? (good luck to see it first after i already order) so I wonder and ask my dealer here. it cost 2000 usd for LED but i think I can't live with out it . so i ask my dealer to special request ask them to do and they say normally that have only photo type unit buy they will make special for my 3 unit order . btw seller is seller it may true or not i don't care but i lost 2000 usd and it have LED for my LIFE that it hahaha.
for suspension I love air but thank again it may be good because i have to refill air to my BA 600 base of my 5000II almost every 3 month haha

ps I evry listen genersis dragon at FW that sound impress .cheer

I shall have to persuade Nishikawa-san that he must raise the price and put the LED light under the platter. It is just too cool!

The suspension you will not have to refill (from what I understand from the engineers). The first version I heard in Forthwise was a air-filled bladder and they had an air pump to keep it filled. However, air is a spring and has a resonance. The next version was a gel, and it turned out to be too hard. The final production was an air-loaded gel polymer that was perfect. Combined the advantages of both air and gel. Congratulations to you and your two friends!! You must be enjoying the music.

The suspension you will not have to refill (from what I understand from the engineers). The first version I heard in Forthwise was a air-filled bladder and they had an air pump to keep it filled. However, air is a spring and has a resonance.

That is something that too many people forget! Thanks for bringing that up Gary!

I shall have to persuade Nishikawa-san that he must raise the price and put the LED light under the platter. It is just too cool!

The suspension you will not have to refill (from what I understand from the engineers). The first version I heard in Forthwise was a air-filled bladder and they had an air pump to keep it filled. However, air is a spring and has a resonance. The next version was a gel, and it turned out to be too hard. The final production was an air-loaded gel polymer that was perfect. Combined the advantages of both air and gel. Congratulations to you and your two friends!! You must be enjoying the music.

thank you so much for you information actually if they cut air system out they need to decrease the price hahaha

Air force one i have has difference from version of mr bob and mr koh at hong kong , 1 is isolation system they change to liquid mix with air ( early version us only air and have refill port ) and I saw in web site they also change spec too .

by the way I use 20 year old tone arm but it still good look with this turntable.

Techdas is expensive but it still as good turntable and good sound eventhough it use 30 year old technic .. what you care ? sound or tehcnic ?

Hi there

Now I know who owns most of the Micro Seiki max 237 and 282 arms :)

I would love to try a Max 282 arm on my Exclusive P3.

You are a lucky man

Enjoy

Hi B3344
very impressive! it seems you are collecting or reselling? the images look a little like you are running a warehouse :) did you rewire your Micro Max tonearms on the the TechDas? What phono cables are you using, any tubes in your chain? are you testing in a carefully put together system, any room description possible? I know these are many questions. Having build a dedicated listening room some six years ago I have learned how important room and system specifications can be for our listening experience.
old & junk vs new & amazing. can you be a little more specific on the difference in sound. thanks.

fr_1385_size880.jpg
so we can't just which technology will sound better until we hear it !!!

Nice collection of turntables you have there b3344, i would love to compare both tables back to back and seeing the micro seiki SX 8000 mk2 next to the Techdas AF1 really shows the age of the micro seiki.
But after 30 years of thinking about the design i am really only seeing refinement rather than inovation or break through from Nishikawa and his team.
Enjoy your new aquisition.

Last edited:
View attachment 7688

That gives new meaning to the term "some assembly required.*

And after all that assembling, your supposed to align that whole darned thing and even check the SRA with some microscope. And the azimuth with another scope too. :D I worked 22 years in an assembly line but I simply couldn't muster enough energy to do this. I don't know why. Or maybe now I know. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu