tima's DIY RCM

Tima: the specs for his 120H say 200w/800w at 37 kHz. Any concerns about the higher power setting at such a low kHz? - Jim
Jim:

First, it's a 12-L tank; and the larger the tank, the more power required. Second the 800W is pulse power which is a very short time cycle and the 200/800W https://www.elma-ultrasonic.com/fil...e/Elmasonic_EASY/PP_Elmasonic_EASY120H_EN.pdf pales in comparison to the dual-frequency 37/80-kHz P120H which is 330/1320W that @tima uses for cleaning - https://www.elma-ultrasonic.com/fil...geraete/Elmasonic_P/PP_Elmasonic_P120H_EN.pdf.

Neil

Reactions: Jim in Missouri
Jim:

First, it's a 12-L tank; and the larger the tank, the more power required. Second the 800W is pulse power which is a very short time cycle and the 200/800W https://www.elma-ultrasonic.com/fil...e/Elmasonic_EASY/PP_Elmasonic_EASY120H_EN.pdf pales in comparison to the dual-frequency 37/80-kHz P120H which is 330/1320W that @tima uses for cleaning - https://www.elma-ultrasonic.com/fil...geraete/Elmasonic_P/PP_Elmasonic_P120H_EN.pdf.

Neil
Thanks, Neil. I hadn't seen the PDF.

Tima: the specs for his 120H say 200w/800w at 37 kHz. Any concerns about the higher power setting at such a low kHz? - Jim

Hi Jim -- no concerns based on experience with the units that I use.

The Elmasonic S 120H (37kHz) I use for rinsing is rated the same as the Easy 120H: 200W effective ultrasonic power and 800 maximum Watts for peak performance power.

The Elmasonic P 120H (37kHz/80kHz) I use for washing is rated 330W effective ultrasonic power and 1320 maximum Watts for peak performance power.

edit: guess I responded before seeing Neil's.

edit: guess I responded before seeing Neil's.
That you two are in agreement matters, so glad you chimed in. My head and hands have been busy with things other than record cleaning of late, but I'm still of the opinion that if I want to step up my game from the VPI pre-wash >Degritter multi-cycle with three tanks, following in your footsteps is the way to go. I'm at the point where if there's anything I'm not removing, it's the occasional boulder so stuck or wedged my methods just don't touch it (brushwork focused on the area often will). That's why my ears perk up when the discussion involves the lower frequency machines which I suspect might address the problem.

That you two are in agreement matters, so glad you chimed in. My head and hands have been busy with things other than record cleaning of late, but I'm still of the opinion that if I want to step up my game from the VPI pre-wash >Degritter multi-cycle with three tanks, following in your footsteps is the way to go. I'm at the point where if there's anything I'm not removing, it's the occasional boulder so stuck or wedged my methods just don't touch it (brushwork focused on the area often will). That's why my ears perk up when the discussion involves the lower frequency machines which I suspect might address the problem.

Nice. Any time you choose to explore beyond a single-slot machine approach, we are here to help. Fwiw, the first post in this thread now includes pointers to some of the specifics about my system.

Nice. Any time you choose to explore beyond a single-slot machine approach, we are here to help. Fwiw, the first post in this thread now includes pointers to some of the specifics about my system.
Thanks, Tim. I have looked through the thread more than once, so have some understanding of what you've done and know if I decide to assemble something (very) similar, you've pretty much put together the manual. So, where is "upper midwest?" I'm in the KCMO area these days, but went to high school in Brookings, SDAK. I suppose we considered "upper" to be Fargo . . .

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing