Tripoint troy signature grounding device

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I just got two Tripoint Thor SEs ground cables. Their impact on my sound greater than the nearly $50k cables in my system. There is little question that Miguel knows what he is talking about and that the grounding cables are as important as the grounding or filtering unit. I know how labor intensive and costly both the grounding cables and Troy Signature and Emperor units are. If he thinks his nice box is essential to performance, I am not in a position to say it is just for show and that he should use an inexpensive and unfinished box, such as others.

I am presently evaluating several expensive and impressive speaker wires and interconnects. All have quite different technologies and sounds and all highlight different aspects of recorded music. I have never heard anyone define what "perfect" music reproduction might be. Long ago I decided that there was no "perfect" loud speakers. I have had horns with and without compression drivers, ribbons, electrostats, omni-directionals, single "full range" drivers, and even electrostats in special gas bags. One just has to decide where to make or take your compromise in speakers and everything else in your system. No amount of rhetoric or accusation will be of help; listening might.

Congrats...sounds like a big improvement! Couple of questions:

1. Which equipment are you connecting with these 2 SE cables?
2. Where do you connect to the equipment? Chassis screw? RCA inlet? Grounding post?
3. Are you connecting these SE cables both to one binding post, each to a separate binding post, or are either or both being combined with non-SE grounding cables on a binding post?

Thanks for any guidance here.

Congrats...sounds like a big improvement! Couple of questions:

1. Which equipment are you connecting with these 2 SE cables?
2. Where do you connect to the equipment? Chassis screw? RCA inlet? Grounding post?
3. Are you connecting these SE cables both to one binding post, each to a separate binding post, or are either or both being combined with non-SE grounding cables on a binding post?

Thanks for any guidance here.

I now have three of these cables, although one is a prototype that will soon be upgraded.

I use them to my two BMC M2 amps and to my Koda K 10 line stage. The amps are connected to chassis screws and the Koda, which has both a chassis ground and a circuit ground, I connect to the circuit ground as that sounds better.

Just by chance each is connected to one of the three binding posts on the Troy Signature. Each post has two grounding cords connected to it. I would never buy another Troy Signature. Initially, I added grounding cables to components one at a time and heard improvements with each. Recently I grounded the Stillpoints rack without much benefit. Long ago I experimented with alternative grounding cables but alway found the Tripoint Silvers superior until more recently I added the Thor SEs.

Again, I fully expect that some may not experience what I do.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I now have three of these cables, although one is a prototype that will soon be upgraded.

I use them to my two BMC M2 amps and to my Koda K 10 line stage. The amps are connected to chassis screws and the Koda, which has both a chassis ground and a circuit ground, I connect to the circuit ground as that sounds better.

Just by chance each is connected to one of the three binding posts on the Troy Signature. Each post has two grounding cords connected to it. I would never buy another Troy Signature. Initially, I added grounding cables to components one at a time and heard improvements with each. Recently I grounded the Stillpoints rack without much benefit. Long ago I experimented with alternative grounding cables but alway found the Tripoint Silvers superior until more recently I added the Thor SEs.

Again, I fully expect that some may not experience what I do.

Thanks, TBG. That is extremely helpful. Enjoy!!!

DRC

Aug 21, 2014
Hong Kong
DRC, as a VertexAQ proponent, can you pass any comments on the Pico grounding boxes? There seems to be some commonality btwn Pico w/Troy, Entreq, in what is trying to be achieved.
I've gone down the Entreq path as you know, so Pico across the system is not for me, but I am intrigued by the passive spkr grounding boxes.

Hi Spirit, the Picos are on order. Will give you guys feedback once they are here.

DRC

Aug 21, 2014
Hong Kong
DRC, the joy/madness continues for those after uber grounding solutions. May I ask how much the Dalby Pearl, Celestial and Reuben Reference ground cables cost? I mean the base level Dalby ground cable is £5k/$8k. Do you feel these will be a step beyond Troy's own top Thor cables?
I'm waiting for the time when, prob on AE, a rich and brave soul kits out his system w/TWO Emperors (so individual components don't share ground posts), TWO Emperor AC conditioners to power up to a dozen components w/no compromise, and a slew of 10-20 Troy Thor or top Dalby earth cables.
I don't doubt the effects will be staggering, and the price of this uber grounding rig will prob equate to the cost of the core components themselves combined. I wonder when the law of diminishing returns applies to grounding?
I certainly can't bleat about this, my cables/power/grounding/isolation bill equates to the same cash I've spent on my core component rig of tt/cdp/amps/spkrs.

Hi Spirit, bad news...I am sorry but I have decided to abandon my earthing cable project. When I got the final quotation, the numbers were simply staggering and borderline insane. I was planning to buy 8 earthing cables...I apologize but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I was quoted close to 18,000 USD for a 2M run of the Dalby Celestial. The Ode was at a relative bargain price of around 12,000 USD and the Pearl was around 8,000 USD. :eek:My system already sounds great but I was willing to experience/experiment more and try but I truly doubt whether these cables could make "that much" difference. I recently added a bunch of Stillpoint Ultra 5s to my system and everything is already pretty darn tight and good. I will later test the Vertex platforms and also the Picos. I was planning to get 4 Odes and 4 Celestial but for now, that project is done...May be I will just wait for some Stillpoint Thors to surface?! I am not in a rush unless you have any better suggestions?!:cool:

Geardaddy

Oct 1, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Hi Spirit, bad news...I am sorry but I have decided to abandon my earthing cable project. When I got the final quotation, the numbers were simply staggering and borderline insane. I was planning to buy 8 earthing cables...I apologize but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I was quoted close to 18,000 USD for a 2M run of the Dalby Celestial. The Ode was at a relative bargain price of around 12,000 USD and the Pearl was around 8,000 USD. :eek:My system already sounds great but I was willing to experience/experiment more and try but I truly doubt whether these cables could make "that much" difference. I recently added a bunch of Stillpoint Ultra 5s to my system and everything is already pretty darn tight and good. I will later test the Vertex platforms and also the Picos. I was planning to get 4 Odes and 4 Celestial but for now, that project is done...May be I will just wait for some Stillpoint Thors to surface?! I am not in a rush unless you have any better suggestions?!:cool:

Do you own Tripoint and do you have any exposure to the SE grounding cable? 18K is a little silly for a cable of any typology.

I would recommend that you contact Tripoint about their Thor SE ground cable. I have not tried any of the others you mention but I am amazed at the improvement I experienced going from all Tripoint Silvers to two Thor SEs replacing two Silvers.

DRC

Aug 21, 2014
Hong Kong
Do you own Tripoint and do you have any exposure to the SE grounding cable? 18K is a little silly for a cable of any typology.

GD, I have the Tripoint Troy Signature but only with the 4 standard Tripoint cables...

DRC

Aug 21, 2014
Hong Kong
I would recommend that you contact Tripoint about their Thor SE ground cable. I have not tried any of the others you mention but I am amazed at the improvement I experienced going from all Tripoint Silvers to two Thor SEs replacing two Silvers.

Thor SE it is... Thanks TBG!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I already have two Thor SEs and the improvement is greater than the Troy Signature was with four Silvers.

yikes!...the real deal, as they say. will have to keep them on the must-audition list.

1kitch

Apr 22, 2014
My understanding is that this is in addition to the grounding through the tonearm cable and done through a screw on the tonearm base. It would be very interesting to hear from somebody who has done this.

Catching up on this thread, I ground my Triplanar through the Troy, and it is very effective,

1kitch

Apr 22, 2014
Because my Tidal Sunrays are gone I am able to insert two Tripoint signatures in my Kondo/Genesis set up. My experiences so far are that individual components benefit most if they are connected to just one binding post (sorry Lloyd). This was one of the reasons I ordered the Tripoint emperor with eight binding posts. According to Miquel the emperor beats even a combination of more than two Troy signatures.

I also found that single post connections work the best on both the Troy as well as the Entreq. I also found that the outlet in which the Troy is plugged into also make a substantial difference. Sorry to say, but currently have the Troy attached to a dedicated circuit and outlet with nothing else attached, which opened up when I disconnected other components from the outlet. I would not recommend installing a dedicated circuit and outlet for the Troy though.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I also found that single post connections work the best on both the Troy as well as the Entreq. I also found that the outlet in which the Troy is plugged into also make a substantial difference. Sorry to say, but currently have the Troy attached to a dedicated circuit and outlet with nothing else attached, which opened up when I disconnected other components from the outlet. I would not recommend installing a dedicated circuit and outlet for the Troy though.

Good to know...thanks. I had forgotten that bit of advice of a separate plug outlet...Miguel had actually told me that some time ago.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Good to know...thanks. I had forgotten that bit of advice of a separate plug outlet...Miguel had actually told me that some time ago.
+1 .... Can verify the same after my experience with the Troy

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
1kitch, a little confused. You say you have your Troy into an outlet, leap in performance when all else disconnected from it…but you WOULDN'T have a dedicated outlet for it :confused:. What am I not understanding?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
1kitch, a little confused. You say you have your Troy into an outlet, leap in performance when all else disconnected from it…but you WOULDN'T have a dedicated outlet for it :confused:. What am I not understanding?

i suspect it is better...but perhaps not to the degree where he would recommend that someone pay an electrician to run a new dedicated line just for the Troy?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
+1 .... Can verify the same after my experience with the Troy

Hey there, Jazzhead...good to know! Any other experiences you have with great grounding are also welcome, no doubt by others as well as by me.

1kitch

Apr 22, 2014
i suspect it is better...but perhaps not to the degree where he would recommend that someone pay an electrician to run a new dedicated line just for the Troy?

Yes, thats correct. I have 6 dedicated lines with 10 ga romex and one additional outlet which has a couple of other outlets and a ceiling fan tied to it but is used for miscellaneous components through a PS Audio Power Director (TV, Tivo, modem, lamp, etc.). My preference is one component per dedicated outlet which maximizes performance, and am currently running the components plugged directly into the wall without any power conditioning, power plants or regenerators which I also have. Although I installed my dedicated circuits myself, I wouldn't run a dedicated line to simply supply a ground point for the Troy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing