TT Lighting

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
Littlite. Perfect amount of light. Newer ones are LED. Mine is halogen. Picture is misleading because the iPhone compensates for the night photo. It's attached to the wall behind the turntable. Never had any issue with noise but that's to be expected because I first learned about them on a feature film mixing stage that had about 2 million dollars worth of recording equipment so no noisy lighting allowed!

IMG_0435.jpeg

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Hi there dear hifi-friends,

Finally?… I got my self a small upgrade over my turntable. A new thick stainless steel bracket / console, and a new flexible 5w ledlamp from Lindby and the model Hanilo. The light is a solid warm and a little bit yellowish light without dimmer function. It is going to be very effective, when it comes to changing cartridges.

Here is before:
5105F3B4-3014-4FEC-80DC-49D2BF32243F.jpeg

And here is after the the installation:

D6CED524-17B0-4ED8-B5EE-792E403C91E8.jpeg
65915C6C-76F8-419F-B5A7-B49E35F14FB8.jpeg
C68293DE-BC19-49E3-AA3C-2D1A34F95999.jpeg

The only backside to the strong light is that you see all the dust that is not suppose to be there, haha… Another reason for cleaning little bit more often, haha.

Here’s the stainless steel bracket that I made at my friends workshop:

841D5045-E91F-4778-8F23-10B9B8710D17.jpeg F86AADDE-C0C9-4A09-A36D-FF426076AF16.jpeg 3BB59E79-69E0-4561-B77B-078A939E1AC2.jpeg

Well, that’s it folks - hope you liked it.

All the best

/ Jk

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Very nice! (I have a lot of trouble seeing the grooves, so I like lighting the turntable up light it's an operating room.)

Reactions: Johan K

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Very nice! (I have a lot of trouble seeing the grooves, so I like lighting the turntable up light it's an operating room.)
Thank you Ron, I really appreciate it ;) !
Yes - It’s the same as when the astronaouts operate the space shuttle cockpit - except our business a lot more tough’er:D:p:D, hahaha!

Thank you!

/ Jk

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Here is a photo of the light I bought. It is completely rechargeable via USB and has 4 levels of brightness. At the highest intensity it is extremely bright. No RFI whatsoever as it is wireless. Bought it in New York in the gift shop at the Museum of Modern Art for $88. Best investment for the price IMO

• Love

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Hi there Steve,

Whaoo, that looks amazing? ;) .
Love your turntable - Awesome!! Light over the jewel… right??!

All the best

/ Jk

Steve Williams

Hi there Steve,

Whaoo, that looks amazing? ;) .
Love your turntable - Awesome!! Light over the jewel… right??!

All the best

/ Jk
The light is a must have. Totally portable and rechargeable. No noise whatsoever

Steve Williams

I just checked. Price is now $95 but worth every penny...

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
I just checked. Price is now $95 but worth every penny...

Oooh that's a good one. I don't have shelf space so I got this wall mounted battery operated light. It's on a magnetic ball so it can aim in any direction. Has to be charged every week.

IMG_0904.jpeg

Battery LED

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
Oooh that's a good one. I don't have shelf space so I got this wall mounted battery operated light. It's on a magnetic ball so it can aim in any direction. Has to be charged every week.

View attachment 103679

Battery LED
That one meets my criteria. First, it’s battery powered because any power supply plugged into the wall affects the sound. Second, it doesn’t rest on the turntable or on the turntable stand because, in my experience, that too always affects the sound.

Reactions: mtemur

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
That one meets my criteria. First, it’s battery powered because any power supply plugged into the wall affects the sound. Second, it doesn’t rest on the turntable or on the turntable stand because, in my experience, that too always affects the sound.

I also just realized that if you buy two, one can always be charging so you never lose the light! Placing the order for the second one now!

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
Those of us with long memories may recall John Bicht of Versa Dynamics. He was adamant that nothing with LEDs should plugged in anywhere in the house when listening to music. The LEDs ruined the sound. I won’t go that far but it is true LEDs affect sound quality to some degree. Some components with LEDs have a switch to allow turning off the LED display, and the sound is always better when they are turned off.

The takeaway for me is to avoid LEDs whenever I can, especially on the music room power lines. In fact, I do not leave anything plugged into a wall socket except the components actually in use at the time. Therefore, CD transport and DAC are unplugged when I listen to records. That is why I would never use a wall-powered turntable light and especially an LED light.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Those of us with long memories may recall John Bicht of Versa Dynamics. He was adamant that nothing with LEDs should plugged in anywhere in the house when listening to music. The LEDs ruined the sound. I won’t go that far but it is true LEDs affect sound quality to some degree. Some components with LEDs have a switch to allow turning off the LED display, and the sound is always better when they are turned off.

The takeaway for me is to avoid LEDs whenever I can, especially on the music room power lines. In fact, I do not leave anything plugged into a wall socket except the components actually in use at the time. Therefore, CD transport and DAC are unplugged when I listen to records. That is why I would never use a wall-powered turntable light and especially an LED light.
I don't hear any sound difference using my TT set-up with my headphone system whether I have my LED light on or not.
And my headphone system is very sensitive to picking up non music noise !

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
i use 4 of these. it does use a SMPS but it's located far from the lamp, and should be plugged into a circuit isolated from your signal path.

I ordered Mike’s exact floor-standing lamp. It is very sleek and bright and well-made. I have it standing right behind, and over-looking the turntable.

I am very happy with the WAC swing-arm lights (but not yet tested for EMI) on the wall, which swing out and swivel to direct the light at an angle.

FF7668C3-0CFA-41F0-8E06-76DF7BF39CA9.jpeg

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
I don't hear any sound difference using my TT set-up with my headphone system whether I have my LED light on or not.
And my headphone system is very sensitive to picking up non music noise !
Did you try unplugging the LED lamp as opposed to just turning it off?

Reactions: Scott Naylor

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
I ordered Mike’s exact floor-standing lamp. It is very sleek and bright and well-made. I have it standing right behind, and over-looking the turntable.

I am very happy with the WAC swing-arm lights (but not yet tested for EMI) on the wall, which swing out and swivel to direct the light at an angle.

View attachment 103748
Looks awesome, Ron ;). Your machineroom looks like a nice cockpit!!

/ Jk

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing