VYGER ATLANTIS MK IV

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
If the floor is not shaking due to vibrations.

Btw, don't be under the impression Atlantis is a compromise. Both are sonic equals with minor differences, one looks heftier. If you interested and not sure about the floor get the Atlantis if you can afford it
Indian looks better to me. Im just wondering because most of our floor are not concrete.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Indian looks better to me. Im just wondering because most of our floor are not concrete.

l owned both. I agree with Kedar’s advice. Unless you have a solid floor for the Indian, which is my preferred of the two, then get the Atlantis. Indian digs deeper in bass absolute terms and has slightly more weight. Atlantis sounds airier and nimbler. I have concrete floors and the Indian was my fave.

Best.

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
l owned both. I agree with Kedar’s advice. Unless you have a solid floor for the Indian, which is my preferred of the two, then get the Atlantis. Indian digs deeper in bass absolute terms and has slightly more weight. Atlantis sounds airier and nimbler. I have concrete floors and the Indian was my fave.

Best.
Thanks. Do you mind sharing photos of Indian on the concrete floor? It’s very rare for floor to be concrete, usually we have timber or tile floor or carpet (which I won’t install in music room).

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Best.

The problem is when you say this people rank the two models as 1. I must have it, and 2. For losers only

on WBF one attribute being more makes the other a non entity

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Thanks. Do you mind sharing photos of Indian on the concrete floor? It’s very rare for floor to be concrete, usually we have timber or tile floor or carpet (which I won’t install in music room).

Just to be clear. You can have a carpet or wood floor on a *concrete substrate* - I am talking about suspended floors being not suitable. I have carpet over solid concrete in one room and wood floor over concrete in the other - it isn’t unusual here in UK on a ground floor.

Reactions: TDX

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
Just to be clear. You can have a carpet or wood floor on a *concrete substrate* - I am talking about suspended floors being not suitable. I have carpet over solid concrete in one room and wood floor over concrete in the other - it isn’t unusual here in UK on a ground floor.
Haha then no problem at all

Reactions: Audiophile Bill
Dec 15, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have owned Indian Signature IV Generation for about 5 months. Pino Viola likes to define this turntable as a "precision instrument" and therefore, as such, it needs to be put in the best conditions to work at its best. From what I read, I believe that, beyond the quality of the machine, in order for it to have an ever wider recognition, it is necessary that both the current and the aspiring owners can count on a support that matches the characteristics and "needs" that the turntable presents.
Good plays to all!

Reactions: bonzo75 and Lagonda

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Hello everyone,
I have owned Indian Signature IV Generation for about 5 months. Pino Viola likes to define this turntable as a "precision instrument" and therefore, as such, it needs to be put in the best conditions to work at its best. From what I read, I believe that, beyond the quality of the machine, in order for it to have an ever wider recognition, it is necessary that both the current and the aspiring owners can count on a support that matches the characteristics and "needs" that the turntable presents.
Good plays to all!
Welcome to wbf. this is one beautiful turntable.

Dec 15, 2021
I also agree with Kedar and Audiophile Bill's remarks on the floor / Indian Signature relationship. As for me I had already passed this "test" having the Sigma Acoustics Maat (Extreme Audio) Orchestra version speakers ... 380kg each with base !! :)

Greetings to all!

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Woo-hoo, just committed to adding an Atlantis to my rig. The AMG has served me well for almost a decade but I turn 65 next month so Happy Birthday to me!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Woo-hoo, just committed to adding an Atlantis to my rig. The AMG has served me well for almost a decade but I turn 65 next month so Happy Birthday to me!

super decision Bob.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Bob! I think you’re going to love the linear-tracking tonearm on vocals!

Reactions: Bobvin

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Congratulations, Bob! I think you’re going to love the linear-tracking tonearm on vocals!

? and violin, classical, jazz. One guy owning it for ten years only listens to amplified

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
? and violin, classical, jazz. One guy owning it for ten years only listens to amplified

+1

I am sure you are right!

(I’m qualified to comment only on vocals.)

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I hope I love it on everything! For sure, with vinyl (and all of this hobby) is like fine wine. Different flavors, different expressions. From the performer through the recording engineer, through the cartridge designer, turntable, cables — its all about tweak, optimize, compromise.

Last night had a wine dinner — wine I would not care for individually came alive with the right food. Pairing can take an average wine to new heights, turning it into an experience. Same can be true in the audio world. Pair an exceptional wine with an amazing chef and good friends, it can become a cherished memory. Follow with some time listening to great music — ooh la la!

We are all so blessed to enjoy these luxuries.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I hope I love it on everything! For sure, with vinyl (and all of this hobby) is like fine wine. Different flavors, different expressions. From the performer through the recording engineer, through the cartridge designer, turntable, cables — its all about tweak, optimize, compromise.

Last night had a wine dinner — wine I would not care for individually came alive with the right food. Pairing can take an average wine to new heights, turning it into an experience. Same can be true in the audio world. Pair an exceptional wine with an amazing chef and good friends, it can become a cherished memory. Follow with some time listening to great music — ooh la la!

We are all so blessed to enjoy these luxuries

Is there any scope of driving it to Mike’s for a linear tracker shoot-out?

Last edited:

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I think that would be premature. Nifty idea though. It will be a bit of time before the Atlantis reaches me here in Oregon, then need to get it settled and sorted.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

big time congrats, Bob, very happy for you.

that is a formidable turntable.

Reactions: Johan K and Bobvin

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

It is superlative on everything.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing