WADAX dedicated forum

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Id say main characteristics of wadax are detail retrieval articulation natural flow overall clarity
It seems some of the artificial harshness a lot associate with digital has been reduced/ dissapeared.
I ll be looking for some confirmation of this in the wadax set ups at MOC today.
From what i picked up from the presentation of Javier is that Wadax manufactures their own chips.
Your sonic view of the Wadax reference combination is spot on. And I would add: superb dynamics, great density, serene presentation and wide/deep soundstage.
hard to grasp it's significance when the Wadax Ref dac and server are heard by themselves, you hear those attributes you mention. and they are significant and something different.

yet; when directly compared to other 'uber' digital there is a clear absence of digital artifacts with the Wadax that is startling when first heard; one has to step back and realize how one's digital reference is fundamentally changed. you realize the issue is not the media, it's the hardware execution in the dac, the server, and the interface. there is a calmness and realism that invites very extended sessions and an opening up of musical possibilities. it's a physically different experience.

i look forward to your additional feedback.

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
From the photo, the power supply for the server is a beast! I look forward to learning more about this.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Well, the reference dac and reference server are ‘beast’ as well. In that regard the new reference PSU for the server fits perfectly.

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
Well, the reference dac and reference server are ‘beast’ as well. In that regard the new reference PSU for the server fits perfectly.
Yes it fits the design profile.

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
for the Wadax Reference Server. you have to hand it to Wadax, they said they would go all out on the power supply and they were not kidding. the beast likely weighs 100 pounds like the server does.

i saw that picture 2 days ago and was aghast at the size. where am i going to put it? and i will need 8 more RevOpods for it too.

below is from the Wadax Reference Server manual. it shows on the back where you add the external power supply.

View attachment 92925

View attachment 92923
Hi Mike,

Do you know the retail price of PSU and DC cables?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hi Mike,

the standard DC cables for the PSU and DAC are now $1200 USD for a 1 meter, and $1400 USD for a 2.5 meter. for the dac prior they were included at the 1 meter length. now they are extra. not sure the price of longer lengths.

the new upgrade silver/gold PSU cables are much more, but i don't know the exact price. you would need to inquire with a dealer.

Reactions: Steve Vu

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Mike,

This link answers part of your question, Steve:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I received the new Wadax price list today and it goes into effect on July 15, 2022. Any orders placed before that date will still get the current pricing.
The server and DAC did get price increases as shown in the post above and there are the new products the PSU and new high end power supply. The Akasa DC reference cable for the DAC and Server to the power supply are made with zero copper and are of a gold and silver alloy. THis cable sells for 19800 for 1m. Custom lengths are available if required.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Ultimate audio may be read my show comments , lol .
Thats probably the best cone system set up one could buy(together with kharma exquisites in my view )
Only thing they should may be do is get a completely restored Telefunken M15A with a tubed Eternal arts bufferstage and compare with the other tape set up.

Ps As its in portugal Micro can may be go hear it for us

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
They change audio gear very frequently but Wadax reference components are apparently there to stay.

It doesn't matter what gear they have, their choice of music and the sound is...I will let listeners/readers fill in the blanks, tells a lot.

Their choice for Carmen was "Crystal Plays Carmen". Crystal? Lol! That's one way to get Lagonda interested in classical

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Their choice for Carmen was "Crystal Plays Carmen". Crystal? Lol! That's one way to get Lagonda interested in classical
;)

Ultimate Audio: Tidal Akira/Boulder/ Taiko/Aqua/Crystal plays Carmen​

Tidal Akira Speaker
Boulder 2110 preamp
Boulder 3060 power
Aqua Formula XHD Dac
Taiko Extreme server
Crystal Da Vinci cables
Isotek Genesis e Cad GC-R

I had high hopes you meant this.

• Haha
Reactions: bonzo75

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow...cool...talk about playing with your food! He is really playing!!!

Reactions: rando

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing