WADAX dedicated forum

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
ditto on the RevOpods; they are a good step up. and also on the Tripoint Elite grounding effect on the Wadax. except my Elite is not the NG and my Tripoint grounding cables are not nearly as amazing as Audiocrack's. i can only imagine how that works.
Please don’t enable me further, I’m weak

Reactions: Pokey77

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
As things are settling in I'm now playing more with the settings and boosted the voltage from 1V to 4V and moved Ohms up to 7.4 from 0, also I played with the server settings. I let the voltage ride until yesterday then dropped down to 2V where it seems much better.

I realize settings are different for everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_6619.JPG
    IMG_6619.JPG
    492.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6620.JPG
    IMG_6620.JPG
    590.1 KB · Views: 23

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
As things are settling in I'm now playing more with the settings and boosted the voltage from 1V to 4V and moved Ohms up to 7.4 from 0, also I played with the server settings. I let the voltage ride until yesterday then dropped down to 2V where it seems much better.

I realize settings are different for everyone.
I have not played with settings yet because I am still burning / playing in. Make the different settings a significant change (hopefully for the better) in your view? And Mike, how are your experiences so far with different settings?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
so far not really played around experimenting myself, but Elliot has and set 'fiber in' gain' at 20% from the left, and 'fiber out gain' at 20% from the left, then 'fiber speed' at 30% from the left.

i tried those settings myself and got a bump up in vividness and micro-dynamics.

i do intend to actually play around myself with this and take notes, but the music always seems to intrude. ;)

Reactions: Pokey77

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
M 2022-07-05 15.13.46.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
those are my current Qobuz settings

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
A reminder to any interested parties July 15th the Wadax Price increase takes effect. FYI

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
so far not really played around experimenting myself, but Elliot has and set 'fiber in' gain' at 20% from the left, and 'fiber out gain' at 20% from the left, then 'fiber speed' at 30% from the left.

i tried those settings myself and got a bump up in vividness and micro-dynamics.

i do intend to actually play around myself with this and take notes, but the music always seems to intrude. ;)
Thanks Mike. These reference devices are indeed pretty addictive.

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
I have not played with settings yet because I am still burning / playing in. Make the different settings a significant change (hopefully for the better) in your view? And Mike, how are your experiences so far with different settings?
The voltage gain is the most audible IMO, and yes it is much better.

Reactions: Audiocrack

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Good to see you landed in a spot that works and you mention this for Qobuz - do you have other settings for file or disc?
well there arent setting for a disc since these are on the server. I use this right now for Qobuz and my files. I was trying to find a Tidal setting but to honest I dont listen to that very often. I think this setting works for my system, speakers, electronics etc.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Good to see you landed in a spot that works and you mention this for Qobuz - do you have other settings for file or disc?
call me and I hear congrats are in order! See you at the show as well.

Reactions: Ultrafast69

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
well there arent setting for a disc since these are on the server. I use this right now for Qobuz and my files. I was trying to find a Tidal setting but to honest I dont listen to that very often. I think this setting works for my system, speakers, electronics etc.
Classic case of me multi-thinking in reference to mention of disc. Agree on Tidal.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing