Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I bet the owner of this system gave a special paint order to Goebel .
White and Gold please .
the speakers come in any color that you would want on special order. The gold finish is also an option for all the speakers. Im told that gold is very popular in Asia.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Great photos! Did you hear this system? Is it yours? Most intrigued by what the new Goebel sub brought to the sound. Thanks for any commentary!
The subwoofers were shown( a pair) at the Munich Show and there were many positive comments and best sound.
IMO it was the best sound that we have had at any show that I have attended. OLiver was also thrilled. ZI am awaiting my pair of subs which should arrive early next month I hope :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you. Most intrigued about these. Without going thru the super-technical...would appreciate knowing what you find makes them super-special? I am definitely looking at subs as the next major upgrade in the next year or so, possibly sooner. I am contemplating 2 subs (each dual-18" opposing subs)...so very powerful, apparently very clean performance...and the ability with their ability to move air, to do so effortlessly and to do so even at low volume. Much more about the sense of venue and real sense of space than about 'boom'.

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
Reactions: Elliot G.

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
...not my taste either, but a hifi tour de force! Perhaps more top-fuel funny car than 911, but still built to go fast as hell.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The only reasonable price items are Riviera amps and pre. They must be special to be in those super high end system.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
For a bit of drive amps Riviera are great especially when the input valve is swapped to Mullard. Riviera driving Wilson Grand Slam X1 at Gian's friend's place was the ony Wilson system I liked. Having had previously heard it with Mark Levinson, it was clearly the Riviera amps that made the difference.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Meaning ?
Its called an opinion , I feel that you have become a touch oversensitive about your new toy.
only that Aries Cerat gear is not exactly elegant and any example of industrial design. let's just say an acquired taste. not going out of my way to diss anyone's gear. but a fan of Aries Cerat would be not self aware if they are pointing fingers.

btw; i do enjoy Aries Cerat performance.

just say'n.

Reactions: Lagonda

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
but a fan of Aries Cerat would be not self aware if they are pointing fingers.
Oh get over yourself Mike , there were no pointing of fingers made by myself in the slightest , I personally find the esthetic design of the WADAX to be ‘Over Egged ‘ and a touch on the blingy side for my personal taste , you have an opinion about the Aries Cerat , thats fine and I have no problem with that, and I am most certainly not thin skinned about it .

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Meaning ?
Its called an opinion , I feel that you have become a touch oversensitive about your new toy.
and as a 17 year darTZeel owner who never personally loved the red and gold design, i long ago was desensitized to other's view of my gear aesthetics, it's just not important to me. i've owned lots of blasé' or worse looking gear. whether someone likes the Wadax look or not i don't really care.

i can tell you that in person it's a work of art. but that's just me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing