What ethernet cables are members using?

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
That's why many of up are visiting and learning from forums.

There are many kind and genuine formers, but also some who maybe shills and say fantastic things about a product but refuse to share further when asked.

I was lucky to try the Vetere and was sold, there are many forums in the Hong Kong where CAS is very big and there is a wealth of knowledge base especially on this very topic.

I had also the opportunity to try the Goebel, a very good cable, sonically top notch too but as much as I liked it, was not sold.

CK who contributes heaps to forums and I thank him with is every reading willingness to share what he has heard or use.

Some comments mirrored my own views after trying and owning some of the cables.

The Vetere is most musically balanced and a steal for its price. Next is the Goebel which has its signature sound which some will like and some won't.

Then came the Dalby Meda, which fits perfectly in between and sound neutral, yet musical while harmonically solid.

By the way, bit is the entry level cable offered by Dalby.

Many other cables may have sounds that just sound 'broken' and the notes just don't seem as complete after comparisons.

But again, that is when you have optimised your networking infrastructure, I strongly believe the Vertere will shine at the earlier stage of starting to refine the networking environment or should I say networking system.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
[QUOTE = "Sablon Audio, post: 559905, miembro: 6908"] ¿Y tu eres Nonesup?!? Di una respuesta a la pregunta: la distancia geográfica no es una barrera. [/ QUOTE]

Supongo que el traductor de Google hizo una traducción incorrecta para mí. La frase en español fue: "Respuesta contundente”
No sé qué traducción se habrá hecho, pero su intención era decir que su respuesta fue concluyente y, por lo tanto, no fue una crítica, sino todo lo contrario.
Saludos

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I guess Google translate did an incorrect translation for me. The phrase in Spanish was: "Respuesta contundente".
I do not know what translation will have been done but what he intended was to say that his answer was conclusive and therefore was not a criticism, but quite the opposite.
regards

Reactions: Sablon Audio

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
Some countries are fortunate to have very good agents who are willing to try and carry such mentioned brand cables where such comparisons can be done by customers or those who may want to upgrade ormjust to satisfy an itch.

Even if not at the same time, there will be the customer base who have a least one of the brands which hey could bring down to a test if all the brands are not stocked together at any particular one time.

Getting to compare top brand speakers, amplifiers, multi stack digital under one roof are even harder to experience

There are some U.S dealers who carry many top brands under one roof, compared to any where else in the world, it is just like a high end candy store.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
I guess Google translate did an incorrect translation for me. The phrase in Spanish was: "Respuesta contundente".
I do not know what translation will have been done but what he intended was to say that his answer was conclusive and therefore was not a criticism, but quite the opposite.
regards

Thanks for explaining Nonesup. I guess we anglophones take perfect grammar at face value without stopping to think how people got there, and I will be more mindful of this in the future.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
OK thanks.
Also I will be more attentive not to write in Spanish words that do not have a univocal translation.
Regards

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
That's why many of up are visiting and learning from forums.

There are many kind and genuine formers, but also some who maybe shills and say fantastic things about a product but refuse to share further when asked.

I was lucky to try the Vetere and was sold, there are many forums in the Hong Kong where CAS is very big and there is a wealth of knowledge base especially on this very topic.

I had also the opportunity to try the Goebel, a very good cable, sonically top notch too but as much as I liked it, was not sold.

CK who contributes heaps to forums and I thank him with is every reading willingness to share what he has heard or use.

Some comments mirrored my own views after trying and owning some of the cables.

The Vetere is most musically balanced and a steal for its price. Next is the Goebel which has its signature sound which some will like and some won't.

Then came the Dalby Meda, which fits perfectly in between and sound neutral, yet musical while harmonically solid.

By the way, bit is the entry level cable offered by Dalby.

Many other cables may have sounds that just sound 'broken' and the notes just don't seem as complete after comparisons.

But again, that is when you have optimised your networking infrastructure, I strongly believe the Vertere will shine at the earlier stage of starting to refine the networking environment or should I say networking system.

Hello Justubes,
Thanks for you kind words.

Yes, Hong Kong is a compact city and without any import tax/vat so we can access most of the hifi brands here.
It's a heaven for audiophiles.

However dealers in Europe and N Am are more willing to home-loan components or to do home demos.

Reactions: Felipe Rolim

Jeffy

Apr 27, 2014
Orchard Lake, MI
I now have about 200 hours on the Sablon Audio Ethernet cable. I replaced the .5m of wireworld between foil filter and dac with the Sablon and the difference was astonishing. The Sablon just draws you into the music, just like an analog record. The wireworld is way more mechanical sounding in nature. The Sablon's tonality on instruments is spot on. Am I impressed, you bet.

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
I now have about 200 hours on the Sablon Audio Ethernet cable. I replaced the .5m of wireworld between foil filter and dac with the Sablon and the difference was astonishing. The Sablon just draws you into the music, just like an analog record. The wireworld is way more mechanical sounding in nature. The Sablon's tonality on instruments is spot on. Am I impressed, you bet.

Jeffy,

Which model WireWorld Ethernet Cable did you replace with the Sablon?

Ken

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Wireworld Starlight Cat 8

Reactions: Lee

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
do you Have the new Merging Nadac Player??, are you driving amps directly??
Hi, Ventor,

I apologize for the late reply. No, I haven't Nadac, but Hapi with premium I/O.

Reactions: Ventor

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I use Www.finaltouchaudio.com
For me most standard Data cables I have tried from cat 6 and above had no sonic quality to add over audio cables. Until I tired the one above.
I now can honestly say it matters.
I also use there usb and a cust SE to BAL interconnect as well. I own all and can attest there improvement.

Reactions: Golum

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing