Zero Distortion: Tango Time

Steve,

Question- I know that you said you would never put a Daiza under your AF1P, but did you try it before and that was what made you decide you would never do that? I don't know if I missed that in the past posts.

Again for me each chain/system is different including, floor, electric, power conditioning, ROOM and then the cartridge/arm/arm cable/phono stage etc.

We can never have a meaningful conversation about this unless you heard my system and I heard yours. I hope that happens in the future!

A BIG variable is how each person has different sonic priorities/preferences. What one recipe of a system might be a 10 for someone might be an 8 for someone else and the opposite with maybe a different system set up.

My sound has never been bad. I just have lofty expectations and it's difficult when you have as many speakers/electronics in space as I do. But it pays the bills.....the kids have shoes;)

Reactions: Steve Williams
Steve,

Question- I know that you said you would never put a Daiza under your AF1P, but did you try it before and that was what made you decide you would never do that? I don't know if I missed that in the past posts.

Again for me each chain/system is different including, floor, electric, power conditioning, ROOM and then the cartridge/arm/arm cable/phono stage etc.

We can never have a meaningful conversation about this unless you heard my system and I heard yours. I hope that happens in the future!

I don't recall saying that. I did say that I wondered about a Daiza on top of the CMS shelf

I don't recall saying that. I did say that I wondered about a Daiza on top of the CMS shelf

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. I would never suggest it to anyone, I was just sharing my experience in my particular very specific type of room/system/cirumstances. It was by mistake almost that I even tried it and it turned out that I liked it. Which of course might be totally wrong, except I don't care, I like it:)

Reactions: tima
This album arrived today. Ben Webster Sunday Morning At the Montmartre. If I recall correctly, I bought if after MikeL mentioned in one of his threads a few weeks ago. This is a really good live album. Thanks Mike. Sonically it is like the band is right in front of me playing. I swear with this kind of vinyl you don't need tape. I will definitely check out Black Lion Records to see what else they have under their label. BLP 30182. UK pressing. Only 10 pounds I paid for this very clean record.

I just heard this and the video is seriously bad. Though I have no familiarity with this record. Before and after please

I just heard this and the video is seriously bad. Though I have no familiarity with this record. Before and after please

i have the tape (awesome), a mint example of that same pressing (really good), and the more recent reissue (nice).

of course; i'm not a video watcher, so i have no opinion on that. but this (the tape and OP) is as good as recorded music gets. the tape is other-worldly.....one of my very best.

Whoa... Quite a party. Don't know where to start. Let's do it this way.

Two days ago I told Folsom off line the reason I bought Daiza was because I will relocate my amps and I want amp stand that is smaller than my CMS to fit the space I have. Daiza can be tailor made the size and it is not expensive so I bought it. Oh..not to forget the French whom I am friend with suggested me. This is how Daiza got into my room. It was not an itch. The CMS also was not an itch. My dealer friend thought I need a good looking rack that compliment the look of my room so he just put them in for me and made me pay. I don't even know if it is has any effect to sound. My equipments were always on the rack. The Stacore was an itch though :). Are we clear now that the Daiza is not in my system for the purpose of tweaking. If someone were to recommend me an amp stand with the exact size of ML3 at $700 I would have considered it too.

Now. I am very curious to know why my Sax tenor sounds like a freakin trumpet. Thanks to David to trigger me to look into this. I will put the Daiza directly to the floor. Then I will video record the sound of my system with and without the Daiza. See if the sax tenor still sounds like a trumpet. If the sound doesn't change then it is something else. Btw any of you notice in my Ben Webster video I obstructed the view of my amps with boxes of Siltech? ;)

Once again I tango at my tempo. Lagonda said I waltz. Well I am not Ked that does Bolliwood quick steps.

Shostakovic Waltz no.2 is excellent by the way.

This is good. You should post more videos from YouTube rather than your system going by the last three videos you posted

i have the tape (awesome), a mint example of that same pressing (really good), and the more recent reissue (nice).

of course; i'm not a video watcher.

I will send you a list of good tang videos. Take 30 mins to listen to them on a headphone or stream to a small speaker

So there is two drama in play. (1) Can you tell quality change of a stereo system through youtube clip and (2) Daiza is good idea or not. I am loving this.

A BIG variable is how each person has different sonic priorities/preferences.
No reflection on your sound Bob but this isn’t about personal preference this is about a material used in some products that strip the reproduced sound of harmonics and macro and micro dynamics and I’m pretty sure that no one wants that.

david

Poor Tang will never make another You Tube vid for us now.

So there is two drama in play. (1) Can you tell quality change of a stereo system through youtube clip and (2) Daiza is good idea or not. I am loving this.
If I show you the videos, you will hear the differences on youtube.

Reactions: Hieukm

Regarding 2, even in person, it will need you to rotate under various components, on the floor and on the rack, with footers on and off, to know what it is really doing.

Reactions: Hieukm
If I show you the videos, you will hear the differences on youtube.

I am eager to hear the difference Master Tang. In another thread, i have been accused of golden ear to hear the system through youtube. :D

Regarding 2, even in person, it will need you to rotate under various components, on the floor and on the rack, with footers on and off, to know what it is really doing.
Better we trick Master Tang into swapping 4 Siltech power cords into his Lamm system eh? :D

Reactions: bonzo75
Gosh...audiophile. Poor specie.

A BIG variable is how each person has different sonic priorities/preferences.
No reflection on your sound Bob but this isn’t about personal preference this is about a material used in some products that strip the reproduced sound of harmonics and macro and micro dynamics and I’m pretty sure that no one wants that.

david

No need, just place it under a preamplifier and you’ll hear it instantly! But there’s a caveat, the system must be tweak free and already have harmonics and micro & macro dynamics to get stripped ;). Many other tweaks with equally harmful effects as this item have been on the market for years and are already doing their thing to systems.

david

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing