Zero Distortion: Tango Time

Maybe I just buy all the stuff you listed from you and make your dream sound come true. Btw you never listed amp and pre.

Mayer 10y pre for valves, Stern and Heisenberg for your M9. If you want to also borrow a page out of Micro's book in one of your three systems and use Lamm on M9 and Alsyvox, try Soulution preamp.

Also in your barn take a page of Bill's book - his shed has squat rack, bench press and some other weights.

Mayer 10y pre for valves, Stern and Heisenberg for your M9. If you want to also borrow a page out of Micro's book in one of your three systems and use Lamm on M9 and Alsyvox, try Soulution preamp.

Also in your barn take a page of Bill's book - his shed has squat rack, bench press and some other weights.
Here is the M9's little brother with Stern and Heisenberg. I will delete this post from your thread tomorrow.

Mama! Not what I had in mind, but then the chain I heard was with Pac 242. Even with PX25 much more body and flow. And video and all that

Your second thought is close. But I think more of a "value" that the speakers possess through all these years and years ahead. I want a system that I want to pass on to my kid. Some sort of legendary audio gears that one day he will realize wow pap had some really cool stuff. Where are you going to find the Klangfilm Eurodyn in this authentic condition 30 years from now. Or the Studer. Or the American Sound. Or the EMT 927. Or the DST white and black. I bet Lamm will be the next classic too because it is very much a one man unique brand. I put all these together the sound is likely not going to be shit for sure. It is a copy cat of Utah. More important is my kid will get to taste one of his dad's favorite past time. Hopefully he would feel me through these things that I love. So the gears have to be special to me...must have the heritage that carry on.

Hobby is always a personal thing. I might have more systems. I even think of building a modern barn (got idea from MikeL) that would be able to place three big systems to each side. But this Eurodyn base system will be the one I intend to pass on to my boy.

I am thinking I will work in that barn. The barn would locate behind the tree house I build for my kids where I circle in the pic. It might happen. It might not.

View attachment 85753
View attachment 85754
Dear Friend,i am 99% sure that your son at 20 years old will ask you your Porsche and not Eurodyn.
My 2 sons,4 sons of Marco with Alexandria and CH,2 sons of Carlo with Wilson and Riviera and other son of my friend with Vivaldi and Viola,
has no interest in our hifi toys

Dear Friend,i am 99% sure that your son at 20 years old will ask you your Porsche and not Eurodyn.
My 2 sons,4 sons of Marco with Alexandria and CH,2 sons of Carlo with Wilson and Riviera and other son of my friend with Vivaldi and Viola,

Don't worry Tang, in 20 years I will ask you if they don't.

Big brother Gian. My son is a little weird. Not one time that I took him to Toy R Us and he wanted a single piece of toy. The other day I put him in the Gullwing Benz to school. He kicked the dashboard and said pap don't ever take me to school in this car again. But when I taught him lower the needle to a vinyl he asked can I do that again. I hope he grows up and has taste.

Big brother Gian. My son is a little weird. Not one time that I took him to Toy R Us and he wanted a single piece of toy. The other day I put him in the Gullwing Benz to school. He kicked the dashboard and said pap don't ever take me to school in this car again. But when I taught him lower the needle to a vinyl he asked can I do that again. I hope he grows up and has taste.

He’s not weird. He is sensible. Old beyond his years. He may want to learn some musical instruments.

David’s daughters play musical instruments and are very good. I bet they appreciate the sound from the listening room too.

Reactions: Audiophile Bill
Your second thought is close. But I think more of a "value" that the speakers possess through all these years and years ahead. I want a system that I want to pass on to my kid. Some sort of legendary audio gears that one day he will realize wow pap had some really cool stuff. Where are you going to find the Klangfilm Eurodyn in this authentic condition 30 years from now. Or the Studer. Or the American Sound. Or the EMT 927. Or the DST white and black. I bet Lamm will be the next classic too because it is very much a one man unique brand. I put all these together the sound is likely not going to be shit for sure. It is a copy cat of Utah. More important is my kid will get to taste one of his dad's favorite past time. Hopefully he would feel me through these things that I love. So the gears have to be special to me...must have the heritage that carry on.

Hobby is always a personal thing. I might have more systems. I even think of building a modern barn (got idea from MikeL) that would be able to place three big systems to each side. But this Eurodyn base system will be the one I intend to pass on to my boy.

I am thinking I will work in that barn. The barn would locate behind the tree house I build for my kids where I circle in the pic. It might happen. It might not.

View attachment 85753
View attachment 85754
beautiful trees

Reactions: the sound of Tao

View attachment 85753
View attachment 85754
Most would spend your money on additional gear, I’d like to also spend a bit more of it on the architecture of your barn as well if that’s OK Tang.
3E40E748-2668-453F-9D7B-EDBF5BF0C99A.jpeg

You possibly could do something like DEVE’s Gotland Summer House. Could also consider going with a Shou Sugi Ban charred timber for cladding. That’s a great tree house area and fantastic surrounds on the site… the existing tree canopy ramp is a very nice landscape move, lots of fun. Horns would go well in there as well… just sayin :)

Last edited:
Mama! Not what I had in mind, but then the chain I heard was with Pac 242. Even with PX25 much more body and flow. And video and all that
Don't believe. Show me. Let's hear it. :rolleyes:

This was streaming through cheap second hand Audionet dac.

Most would spend your money on additional gear, I’d like to also spend a bit more of it on the architecture of your barn as well if that’s OK Tang.
View attachment 85757

You possibly could do something like DEVE’s Gotland Summer House. Could also consider going with a Shou Sugi Ban charred timber for cladding. That’s a great tree house area and fantastic surrounds on the site… the existing tree canopy ramp is a very nice landscape move, lots of fun. Horns would go well in there as well… just sayin :)
You are a tasteful architect Tao. I already saved this pic. Just beauutiful.

Many thanks Tang, I’d have included a Shunmyo Masuno inspired landscape water feature for cooling the climate around the barn but thought the money was better spent on the horns.

Looking forwards to the Klangfilms becoming Tangfilms. Great move, the Eurodyns would definitely feature on my horns short list as well.

Could also consider going with a Shou Sugi Ban charred timber for cladding.
A light burning of the Eurodyn baffles and then washing with a white pigment would create the most beautiful speakers in the world. imho :)

A light burning of the Eurodyn baffles and then washing with a white pigment would create the most beautiful speakers in the world. imho :)
The are very sexy and timeless, love the originals, they have that pure minimalist form as do the Bionors.

That is my kind of place. I'm obsessed with natural light and natural type products (not all). The feel, everything, is very good. But I admit it's not big so I'd need some storage or a shop for other things.

Reactions: the sound of Tao
You are right - great suggestion, although probably too much glass for stereo. But for me it was a time consuming post - yesterday I spent a pleasant but long time in this great site https://www.archdaily.com/420696/go...-house-enflo-arkitekter-photo?next_project=no . Some other projects shown there are also great.
Francisco the aim in design with researching for precedent isn’t to then copy, it’s to gather direction for a new design in terms of determining spirit. It’s like parent DNA. You then use this to feed into the project functional analysis to help then develop the concept.

I was suggesting just the external form of the summer house, it’s scale and proportion and textures. The density of charred timber was to help it recede and disappear into the forest. That was what would feed into the functional process of developing a new site specific design that would then fit both the site and the proposed function. So function would then determine the glazed openings would not come through internally as entire glazed curtain walling but just in the shown openings. I actually think that would aid modesty and restraint in a design that would create some sense also of retreat.

Precedents are a way to convey dialogue between designers and clients about inspirations and initial directions. But they are not used for recreation in design but rather as a seed resource for new creation.

Last edited:
Francisco the aim in design with researching for precedent isn’t to then copy, it’s to gather direction for a new design in terms of determining spirit. It’s like parent DNA. You then use this to feed into the project functional analysis to help then develop the concept.

I was suggesting just the external form of the summer house, it’s scale and proportion and textures. The density of charred timber was to help it recede and disappear into the forest. That was what would feed into the functional process of developing a new site specific design that would then fit both the site and the proposed function. So function would then determine the glazed openings would not come through internally as entire glazed curtain walling but just in the shown openings. I actually think that would aid modesty and restraint in a design that would create some sense also of retreat.

Precedents are a way to convey dialogue between designers and clients about inspirations and initial directions. But they are not used for recreation in design but rather as a seed resource for new creation.

Tadao Ando was my teacher for one glorious semester in architecture school. I studied his Azuma (Row) House (1976) in Osaka. That idea, the concept of an small residence in a dense neighborhood opening up to the sky and outdoors was radical to us students at the time. It is brilliant in its simplicity and contrasts. The landmark design encouraged us to rethink the relationships between privacy, density, nature and courtyard. The building has no exterior windows. When at home, the owner wanted to feel as though he was somewhere else.

I can think of few projects that would be more exciting than Tang's new speaker and listening environment for an audiophile with the ability to pursue his dreams. Here is to hoping that much of it is documented in these pages for us to follow along.

Tadao Ando was my teacher for one glorious semester in architecture school. I studied his Azuma (Row) House (1976) in Osaka. That idea, the concept of an small residence in a dense neighborhood opening up to the sky and outdoors was radical to us students at the time. It is brilliant in its simplicity and contrasts. The landmark design encouraged us to rethink the relationships between privacy, density, nature and courtyard. The building has no exterior windows. When at home, the owner wanted to feel as though he was somewhere else.

I can think of few projects that would be more exciting than Tang's new speaker and listening environment for an audiophile with the ability to pursue his dreams. Here is to hoping that much of it is documented in these pages for us to follow along.
To have had Tadao Ando as a teacher, now that is living Peter. His work is phenomenal and has generated the wheel of inspiration for many generations yet to come. We are lucky to have lived in ages that have so many inherited cultural riches. The wealth of culture is in it’s shared evolution.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing