Zero Distortion: Tango Time

Al has heard them all and probably has the most comments

No comment since the videos are not representative of the sound. Any more questions?

• Haha
Reactions: andromedaaudio
Someone on my youtube channel who had followed Tang's earlier journey, heard the A (Rostropvich) and B (Shafran), and asked if B was AF1p as it seemed more accurate with inky black background, and if A was EMT 927 as it seemed more romantic and more engaging. He asked if it was a different recording.

Reactions: PeterA
Someone on my youtube channel who had followed Tang's earlier journey, heard the A (Rostropvich) and B (Shafran), and asked if B was AF1p as it seemed more accurate with inky black background, and if A was EMT 927 as it seemed more romantic and more engaging. He asked if it was a different recording.
Shows you how neutral AS2000 is to allow different recordings be heard without coloration in this way :)!

david

I was thinking this guy knows how to listen video when you told me that. The B (Shafran) sounds like the recording was engineered to mute background and spot light cello more. The color was more like coffee with some milk too. Unusual for recording done 50 years ago. Not as transparent as Decca. I was thinking they recorded this in an insulated studio. That's why I mentioned I am curious to hear the original just to see if my hypothesis was right. I guess he also heard that in video so he speculated it was Techdas. Both A and B video were played by AS2000. The difference came from recording not tt.

I still recommend that Shafran record. The energy is still in that vinyl. His performance was so interesting and entertaining. Don't be so extreme audiophile.

Shows you how neutral AS2000 is to allow different recordings be heard without coloration in this way :)!

david
You are the manufacturer of this tt. You are not legit to say.

But it is true!

Of course. The Lamm will match the Eurodyn as well ddk's Bionor. This is also why I choose these speakers.

You are more brave than me. I considered replicas, as the drives show from time to time in the German eBay. However, after reading David unsuccessful try to duplicate the Bionors and the reasons why I gave up.

I look forward to your reports on this project.

Reactions: ddk
And talk about neutrality. I would like to say that the EMT Jpa 66 phono has same characters as AS2000. It seems to just do what a record has to offer. For example It is dynamic when the record shows dynamic. It does not like to add. That's why most people may find it lame. I also think that for general population of audiophile more people (a lot more) will say the AS is a lame duck when a/b with other uber tts. So do not buy them. And if you buy them and use uber power cords, you will waste your money.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne
You are more brave than me. I considered replicas, as the drives show from time to time in the German eBay. However, after reading David unsuccessful try to duplicate the Bionors and the reasons why I gave up.

In the movie, the brave dies first Micro.

In the movie, the brave dies first Micro.

I commend you for taking the risk. You once wrote me that people leave the forums when their questions have been answered and they are no longer searching.

I’ve seen you around a little bit more lately. with pictures of your lovely family too. Life seems good and this is a wonderful way to explore and learn. You look younger than the rest of us.

Reactions: christoph

david’s experiments were an attempt to re-create what he already owns. I have seen some of the wood panels from those efforts.

Tang is doing something different. He is creating something completely different from what he has as an alternative. The goals are different. Tang may be pleased with the result. The standard is different as well as the expectations.

david’s experiments were an attempt to re-create what he already owns. I have seen some of the wood panels from those efforts.

Tang is doing something different. He is creating something completely different from what he has as an alternative. The goals are different. Tang may be pleased with the result. The standard is different as well as the expectations.
Sometimes failure matters! It's one way to understand how things work from the inside.

david

I commend you for taking the risk. You once wrote me that people leave the forums when their questions have been answered and they are no longer searching.

I’ve seen you around a little bit more lately. with pictures of your lovely family too. Life seems good and this is a wonderful way to explore and learn. You look younger than the rest of us.
Thank you for the compliment Peter. I am still young only 53. My two little ones call me "Oppa" instead of Papa.

"Oppa" in Korean means brother in a passionate way girl calling older guy. For example, if David go to a night club with me in Bkk girls would call him "Oppa." :)

Thank you for the compliment Peter. I am still young only 53. My two little ones call me "Oppa" instead of Papa.

"Oppa" in Korean means brother in a passionate way girl calling older guy. For example, if David go to a night club with me in Bkk girls would call him "Oppa." :)
I was called many things back in the day even had Thai nicknames but never Oppa!

david

Reactions: Lagonda and tima
Sometimes failure matters! It's one way to understand how things work from the inside.

david
One thing for sure is Tang will be able to know and admit if new speaker project is successful or not.

Reactions: ddk
I was called many things back in the day even had Thai nicknames but never Oppa!

david

While growing up Tang used to chase girls and they called him Oppa. Put him in the brother zone, a polite back off.

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda and ddk
I still recommend that Shafran record. The energy is still in that vinyl. His performance was so interesting and entertaining. Don't be so extreme audiophile.

I can listen and enjoy on digital too. So not extreme at all. But ranking is a must. It is an Indian thing. We always rank

• Haha
Reactions: the sound of Tao

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing