Audiogon's new face

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Even the link they give you to provide feedback about the new site is hosed. I waded through it and told them they broke their website and they should go back to their old software that worked just dandy. What the hell were they thinking?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
I just tried to browse the "New Today" but got so distracted by the giant flashing banana that I had to close the page. Seriously?? Oh my.

I was wondering what the heck you were talking about but just witnessed this large banana flashing first had while scrowing half way down on the left side, oh my! What's next .....

1rsw

Jul 21, 2010
There is some good coming out of all this. From reading all the forum comments totally bashing Audiogon's pathetic efforts, I learned about a browser extension called AdBlock. I use Chrome and downloaded it last night. Works like a champ! Now I don't see any of those stupid ads, not just on Agon but on all sites. Guys...this is a must have! Thanks to whoever mentioned it!

Goodbye giant flashing banana and goodbye datechina.com....hmmmm....maybe I need to reconsider datechina.com.....hmmmmmm.....

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
slowly getting there on functionality. The log in sorta works. the search function now results in only items that you actually searched for...rather than 30 more totally unrelated items.

1rsw

Jul 21, 2010
Welcome to the new Audiogon! We are currently in beta except for our fees:p

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
OK! They finally are starting to get something right. The search function. Now if you type in "Transparent"...all the Transparent items come up (mainly Transparent Audio). You can then go to the left column and click "Cables" and only the Transparent Cables show up...then within Cables, you have the option of clicking on digital, interconnect, speaker...and then on the Transparent cables of that type show up...then you can FURTHER click on price and rank them high to low...

...so this search function is finally not only working...it actually is better than the old search function now.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
I was able to log-in, today...

invoking my username and password...haha :rolleyes:

However, at this time, I have not been able to discern if there exists an option to bookmark an ad to MyPage :-(

It's getting better...
I'm really interested in placing my first ad :p

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
invoking my username and password...haha :rolleyes:

However, at this time, I have not been able to discern if there exists an option to bookmark an ad to MyPage :-(

It's getting better...
I'm really interested in placing my first ad :p

GOOD LUCK!

Has anyone tried to reply to a add asking a question, well it's just stupid. In the end three days latter the person that I replied to said I finally think I figured it out and hope you get this reply.

I have yet to reply because as we know sometimes it's a impulse purchase and when time goes by you have time to re-think or another possibility comes available.

The norm was if you sent a reply you would get a copy yourself sent to your computer and then the person would reply, no more it's all on the actual ad. How stupid is this but I was told they are trying to control in reading emails to see what actually transpires with the product for sale. In the end they want their full % of the sale and feel some are not being honest, either taking down their item but still selling it and they get no additional $ or at much lower price which again effects their bottom line.

This new site truely is messed up!

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I sold something to someone but another person who tried to buy it got notification that he bought it.

The fact that is was not reasonably stable on initial start up is bad enough. But after this much time it is still almost as bad as the day it started is inexcusable.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Hi Dev

GOOD LUCK!
This new site truely is messed up!

This beta-testing morass has dissuaded me from placing an ad; moreover, I frequent AudiogoN about two-thirds to three-quarters less with the advent of the new "AudiogoN". :(

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I dont even want to talk about it , i am still crying (lol)
I cant even get into my system page , which is the thing that makes audiogon big /attractive i think , all those system pages /pictures

gr h-j

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I dont even want to talk about it , i am still crying (lol)
I cant even get into my system page , which is the thing that makes audiogon big /attractive i think , all those system pages /pictures

gr h-j

It's a disaster. Try searching, clicking on things and continue to get error messages. And it's slow as a snail.

Nicholas Bedworth

WBF Founding Member
May 7, 2010
Maui, where else?
The site is typical of what happens when IT types, rather than user experience considerations, dominate the endeavor... right now, it lets me log into MyPage and the parts of the site relating to selling gear, but it isn't possible to get authenticated in the Forums or Reviews sections. Geesh... seems like one should only have to log on once, rather than being asked for credentials in each section.

There are also broken links to, for example, the Learn section. Some work, some are dead.

Right now, the responsiveness of the site seems OK actually, especially compared to last week. Pity the poor dodos trying to fix everything while the site is operational.

Nicholas Bedworth

WBF Founding Member
May 7, 2010
Maui, where else?
You might have some e-mails generated by Audiogon with the person's username, and with that, you could be able to contact him, assuming the member look up part of the site is working. :)

Yeah, it's a mess right now...

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing