Best audiophile switch

After trying several different switches the best by far in my system is my Ansuz Power Switch D2.

After trying several different switches the best by far in my system is my Ansuz Power Switch D2.

Wow, $6,600.
You would think for that kind of money they could build in something better than a $15 Mean Well SMPS and a $1 clock crystal.

daadb5647fc05d930d43e1c58e4687056b83e679.jpeg

And here is their $16,000 version, the D-TC Supreme (same, just with one more PCB filled with their so-called "Tesla coils." :rolleyes:
ansuz-d-tc-supreme-powerswitch-4.jpg

Let's make sure that everyone has the opportunity to contribute, without any one person dominating or speaking for others.
Agree but I think it's important to point out that this is an audio discussion forum. Discussion involves the exchange of ideas. That means that there will be both agreement and disagreement and we should welcome both. The way to win in the marketplace of ideas is to come up with the better counterargument. A person who offers counter-arguments is one who is participating in the exchange of ideas.

Above I disagreed with how Superdad's quoted text was summarized as "clock accuracy". I countered with that argument that phase noise and clock accuracy are two different things, measured in two different ways, and that Superdad was speaking of the former. If my statement was incorrect then I would have certainly welcomed a counterargument. How hard would it have been to either say "yeah good point" or "no, I disagree and here's why..."? Not hard at all.

Last edited:
Wow, $6,600.
You would think for that kind of money they could build in something better than a $15 Mean Well SMPS and a $1 clock crystal.

View attachment 134847

And here is their $16,000 version, the D-TC Supreme (same, just with one more PCB filled with their so-called "Tesla coils." :rolleyes:
View attachment 134848

Feel free to put your product where your mouth is. I would be happy to test anything you make and give you my honest evaluation. PM me for my shipping address.

Well that is the problem when vendors join a discussion and argue against other brands (luckily happens rarely). I think this doesn’t convince others to buy rather than casts a poor light. When Hans and others are prefering Network Acoustics or others go towards Ansuz etc - they all have their experiences and reasons.

Well that is the problem when vendors join a discussion and argue against other brands (luckily happens rarely). I think this doesn’t convince others to buy rather than casts a poor light. When Hans and others are prefering Network Acoustics or others go towards Ansuz etc - they all have their experiences and reasons.
I agree. It is a problem and I always hesitate. But when I see outrageous prices--often for completely unexplained devices or items will very cheap parts--I feel compelled to at least call attention to the facts.
Of course users will have their own sonic preferences and are free to spend their money however they wish.

(And believe me, the thought has crossed my mind more than once to put the advanced tech of the EtherREGEN Gen2 in a fancy case and charge $3K+ for it. But that's simply not in my moral fiber to do so--and I'd rather sell thousands of units at 2x parts cost than hundreds at 8x. ;))

I agree. It is a problem and I always hesitate. But when I see outrageous prices--often for completely unexplained devices or items will very cheap parts--I feel compelled to at least call attention to the facts.
Of course users will have their own sonic preferences and are free to spend their money however they wish.

(And believe me, the thought has crossed my mind more than once to put the advanced tech of the EtherREGEN Gen2 in a fancy case and charge $3K+ for it. But that's simply not in my moral fiber to do so--and I'd rather sell thousands of units at 2x parts cost than hundreds at 8x. ;))
But there is a case to have built in power supply. Hate to have a spaghetti of boxes.

I won't get into a "is something worth the price or not" debate. That is ALWAYS up to the buyers to decide that individually and not keyboard commando's.

However I do wince when ANYONE gets into the argument with quoting cost of parts as their sole reason for complaining about the price.

Reactions: jasond

Well you have your mentioned sponsored channel anyway to praise your approach.
But it’s a totally different story talking bad about other vendors and products - and even not having tried them all, so no first hand experience. Instead of judging by some pictures, which of the products have you done extensive listening/comparisons?
You might still be in a „component view“ attitude but I am sure you know that it’s the end result that counts. And a lot of R&D is put into that by some.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing