GrooveMaster II Tonearms

dwhistance

Feb 15, 2019
Is it mounted in the new Audio Creative "Rotary Lift" base? I wonder if that would fit my Alfred Bokrand tonearms given that it has a collet ad therefore some adjustability?

David Whistance

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Is the Melco everything you hoped for?

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
had first try today and the pitch and stability is out of this world
Glenn Gould doing Bach is metronomical and incredibly
believable......no noise whatsoever

Last edited:
Reactions: Solypsa
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
motor and deck is on top of their own VPI rack......the motor stands on a Symposium Ultra platform, the Melco tripod/platter stands on laboratory air platform from SPERS ROBERTSON, intended for lab microscopes or scales....takes 120kg and cutoff freq 1-2 Hz......the whole Melco rack is placed on Rubloc Trisolators to isolate from floor vibrations
1631810436889.png

1631810464335.png

1631810501196.png

Reactions: pcosta

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
had first try today and the pitch and stability is out of this world
Glenn Gould doing Bach is metronomical and incredibly
believable......no noise whatsoever

Leif, I know that feeling, of stability and metronomic precision, piano was very memorable via the 3560, something I've yet to hear a match for.. You also have the 3533 motor which I believe is a 3 phase unit..

Congrats on the new spinner!

BR,
Paul

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
I have the Rotary Lift for half a year. It is a fantastic, precise and very heavy unit. I think the high mass is one of the advantages of it, it grabs the tonearm on a big surface and couples it to the high mass.
The adjustability is fine and due to the scale reproducible. I don’t want to miss it any more.

Bart77

Dec 30, 2021
Thanks
I have the Rotary Lift for half a year. It is a fantastic, precise and very heavy unit. I think the high mass is one of the advantages of it, it grabs the tonearm on a big surface and couples it to the high mass.
The adjustability is fine and due to the scale reproducible. I don’t want to miss it any more.

I suppose that the Rotaty Lift is not suitable for the sliding base, or I missed something?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing