lamm m2.2

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Congratulations on your full conversion to the dark side. I've heard your speakers many times and I find them very accurate. Using Lamm electronics on the TAD's has to bring unbelievable romance and musicality.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
What a lovely space. Everything about it says music, nice work Ozy... More than nice.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Congratulations on your full conversion to the dark side. I've heard your speakers many times and I find them very accurate. Using Lamm electronics on the TAD's has to bring unbelievable romance and musicality.

Truer words couldn't have been spoken, thank you Jeffery!
I'm rediscovering certain cds, both red book and scads that were not " listenable before with other speakers/gear that sound just incredible......

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Truer words couldn't have been spoken, thank you Jeffery!
I'm rediscovering certain cds, both red book and scads that were not " listenable before with other speakers/gear that sound just incredible......

Congrats Ozy...i think you make an EXCELLENT point about Redbook...it is remarkable how many more CDs become listenable and sometimes become VERY good sounding as the system's resolution/scale, etc improves. I have 3,000 CDs or so, and i have maybe a handful of CDs i find difficult to listen to due to poor mastering...and in fact, i have not heard them with the system in its current form...may give them a try.

Meanwhile, congrats...have been watching your system continue to evolve. I have heard the TADs with their CEO who kindly toured my wife and me around their Tokyo listening room at Pioneer Plaza years ago...agree about their quality.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Lloyd, agree again on the CD issue- many ,even tough recordings come alive in the right settings/system.
the TADs are special indeed. too bad they have zero marketing and follow up here in the US.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Wow, just discovered this thread. Congratulations, Ozy. Your room, plus the gear in it, looks incredible. I have heard the TAD CR1 and thought it sounded unbelievable at RMAF 2010 with the Walker turntable and Bilboa? electronics. I'd love to hear the top TAD speakers in a home setting. Your system must sound tremendous.

Reactions: ozy

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Ozy,
Have you tried NOS Amperex 7308's in your amps yet. It was a suggestion from the Lamm dealer in the Philippines (Jack) and it was a huge improvement over the stock tube. Only $300 for a pair from Upscale Audio.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Jefferey , no have not , but going to next.have you tried any other nos brands ,and from what sources?
What in particular did the amperes nos improve?

skytop

Feb 6, 2017
I bought new the ML2.1 amps with the Reference L2.1 preamp. Lots of cost to purchase this gear. Much disappointment. Whereas the sound was lush, the reliability was miserable. One by one, each amp died. Then finally, even the L2.1 failed to turn on one day. I had to send the gear back in their crates to Brooklyn, NY for repair. Incredibly, whereas the amps were honored under waranty, Lamm charged me to repair the preamp. (!!!!!) Always, shipping was extra. I have a bad taste for the poor reliability in my mind for Lamm.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Interesting

One of my Lamm m1.2 developed a fault It was just the timer that switches it on

I suppose the heat they produce puts them at risk

Though I am told Pass are very reliable

We might just be unlucky :(

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Interesting

One of my Lamm m1.2 developed a fault It was just the timer that switches it on

I suppose the heat they produce puts them at risk

Though I am told Pass are very reliable

We might just be unlucky :(
Not too sure about the “ reliability” of pass labs.... not in my expereince.... has a pair of the cs 300 that blew a $5 part...
Had to send 800 lbs of amps to pass..... sold them shortly thereafter.....

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing