Magico M9 vs. Magico Ultimate 3 Horn- Box vs. Horn! Which will be better? In which ways?

HenryD

Aug 29, 2020
Well, I am surprised if those speakers CAN'T sound good. The amps; however, are Chinese...not sure why you said WE...
A friend of mine has the big Everest, with a beautiful set of LAMM. Same thing, some parts are good, some are not, especially the integration from the horn to the woofers, a constant earsore. Same story with every horn setup I ever heard. "These speakers" can sound good to you, we should just leave it at that.

Reactions: andromedaaudio

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
A friend of mine has the big Everest, with a beautiful set of LAMM. Same thing, some parts are good, some are not, especially the integration from the horn to the woofers, a constant earsore. Same story with every horn setup I ever heard. "These speakers" can sound good to you, we should just leave it at that.
Indeed if only you could just leave it at that… some would say the same of your Magicos. In truth it doesn’t really matter what everyone likes or don’t like, we all might be happy with our speakers and there’s always plenty who wouldn’t be. It’s just the way of subjectivity. As long as you’re happy etc etc :rolleyes:

HenryD

Aug 29, 2020
No need for name calling, this is uncalled for. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything, and I would certainly not suggest that one may or may not like what I like because the amp was a "Chinees" amp, etc etc :rolleyes:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
No need for name calling, this is uncalled for. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything, and I would certainly not suggest that one may or may not like what I like because the amp was a "Chinees" amp, etc etc :rolleyes:
Name calling??? Uncalled for??? What chinees amp??? :rolleyes: I best go back and read this all again lol

Last edited:

HenryD

Aug 29, 2020
Don't bother, it really does not matter, as long as you’re happy etc etc

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Can you explain what you are talking about here… what Chinese amps are you referring to and why you have misspelt Chinese and put it in parenthesis :rolleyes: Where have I called you names… what exactly is uncalled for???

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Indeed if only you could just leave it at that… some would say the same of your Magicos. In truth it doesn’t really matter what everyone likes or don’t like, we all might be happy with our speakers and there’s always plenty who wouldn’t be. It’s just the way of subjectivity. As long as you’re happy etc etc :rolleyes:

He is right about the everest and the 66000 and 67000. They are not good speakers and have integration problems as well

Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
He is right about the everest and the 66000 and 67000. They are not good speakers.
So do you know which “chinees” amp he is referring to Ked? Signed confused :eek:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Well, I am surprised if those speakers CAN'T sound good. The amps; however, are Chinese...not sure why you said WE...
Okay i wil give the demo the somewhat benefit of the doubt that the speakers were completely underpowered with that amp .
I heard no bass at all , just some mumbling coming out of the mid horn and high freq horn.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
So do you know which “chinees” amp he is referring to Ked? Signed confused :eek:

lol no. It is possible he was trying to spoof Brad who said the amp on the speakers andro listened to was Chinese

Reactions: the sound of Tao

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
lol no. It is possible he was trying to spoof Brad who said the amp on the speakers andro listened to was Chinese
I struggle to keep up with the many and varied delightful machinations :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: the sound of Tao

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
It is not clear from the photo what amp is connected to the JBLs. The WE is one of 4 amps in the photo...the other three are Melody from China.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Okay i wil give the demo the somewhat benefit of the doubt that the speakers were completely underpowered with that amp .
I heard no bass at all , just some mumbling coming out of the mid horn and high freq horn.
WE claims this is a 20 watt 300B SET...not parallel SET, single tube per channel SET (normal is like 6-8 watts). I would not be surprised if the speaker was underpowered with this amp.

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
Yeah we keep trying this but lose out on that 20 mins.

Btw, London does not have good Indian places. However, if you two are interested, book the Biryani supper club at Darjeeling Express, Covent Garden. It is every Sunday. 195 for the couple, but gets sold out so you have to book a few weeks in advance. 1pm to 4, 7 course meal. It is fantastic and the best Biryani I have ever had, better than in India. Tip: they serve so much quantity, and allow you to take home, that you can book for 1 veg and 1 non-veg, as the quantity will ensure you can both try both.
Dishoom Trust me. Dishoom.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
  • Haha
Reactions: PeterA

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Doesn't the Magico Ultimate Horn system convert the entire audio signal the digital?

Why would any audiophile who values analog want this result?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Doesn't the Magico Ultimate Horn system convert the entire audio signal the digital?

Why would any audiophile who values analog want this result?

Im sorry then , but if thats the case this alon wolf design will never be able to reach the " ultimate" .
Try again with the M9
1638288045277.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing