Magico M9

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
From that computer rendering, it looks like the tweeter is enclosed in that horn like structure, the midrange above it is enclosed in a large chamber and the woofers below are in a huge open space with. So perhaps interior volume is increased and the skin is structural so it needs less internal bracing. Copper rods connect the front aluminum baffle to the rear metal baffle as in other models. The section of the front baffle has some blue rectangular structures and what look like extrusions which do not resemble the way the front baffle of the M Pro is constructed, which I have seen when helping to replace a tweeter. There is a lot going on in that image.

Reactions: gds7368 and GMKF

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Never seen anything like this

Wow, that is some beautiful looking engineering!

The inside is more impressive than the outside.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Wow, that is some beautiful looking engineering!

The inside is more impressive than the outside.
Too bad they couldn't make the chassis see-through.

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Too bad they couldn't make the chassis see-through.

Agreed, Wilson are clever in that they impress with their engineering, visible from the outside.

The M9s just look like a big speaker with all the goodies hidden.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Magnificent!
But... Where are the speakers cables?

Haven’t you heard about the new $1,000,000/ft clear unobtainium speaker cables?

Reactions: Lagonda

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

You mean these unobtainium cables?

"PYST cables are made from only the finest 6-nines Unobtanium™ alloy, molecularly assembled in our Alternate Universe™ reality-distortion tesseract field , using a secret geometry reverse-engineered from crashed UFOs, painstakingly smuggled out of Area 51 by deep-cover operatives. Performance is further enhanced by the use of a QuantConnect™ quantum-entangled pair of transmission interfaces, held at absolute zero by our exclusive Stasis Field™ technology. The cables are then wrapped in NanoAeroCap™, a nanotechnology-enabled aerogel anti-capacitance insulation system, featuring Fractal Interleaved Geometry™ to create negative inductance for maximum audio transmission quality."

https://www.schiit.com/products/pyst-cables

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Developed as a byproducts in the accelerator that also created the invisible man ? ;)

Reactions: Al M. and Bobvin

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

"PYST cables are made from only the finest 6-nines Unobtanium™ alloy, molecularly assembled in our Alternate Universe™ reality-distortion tesseract field , using a secret geometry reverse-engineered from crashed UFOs, painstakingly smuggled out of Area 51 by deep-cover operatives. Performance is further enhanced by the use of a QuantConnect™ quantum-entangled pair of transmission interfaces, held at absolute zero by our exclusive Stasis Field™ technology. The cables are then wrapped in NanoAeroCap™, a nanotechnology-enabled aerogel anti-capacitance insulation system, featuring Fractal Interleaved Geometry™ to create negative inductance for maximum audio transmission quality."

I am definitely getting a couple of those “pysts” USB cables ! Promise of supermodels into high-end, hope it is not just marketing ;)

Reactions: Bobvin

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I am definitely getting a couple of those “pysts” USB cables ! Promise of supermodels into high-end, hope it is not just marketing ;)

I hope the supermodels haven’t been subjected to the “invisible” treatment.

With the clear unobtainium cables, you have to sign a “I won’t sue when I trip over them headlong into the plate glass window” waiver. No waiver needed if you fall into the lap of the supermodel. (OK, maybe you’ll need a “me too” waiver.)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

so now reality-distortion is a term? Like 750000 to distort your reality?

Reactions: gian60

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
With the clear unobtainium cables, you have to sign a “I won’t sue when I trip over them headlong into the plate glass window” waiver.

The PYST unobtainiums RCAs only come in 1 length- 6 inches. If you are going to trip over those, please stay the hell away from my speaker cables! :)

Reactions: Bobvin

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
You mean like this highly tuned setup in a room surrounded by glass with marble floor and laptop transport lol.
View attachment 66255
I've been in this room a couple times. I believe this pic is right after installation and the computer belongs to Peter McGrath( I believe that's him in the pic). The owner has a room behind that has source equipment. The ceiling is acoustically treated but all that marble...

Dave

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing