Magico M9

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Peter, if you want to know how the M9s sound, go listen to them. You can visit Hayward, or soon you can visit Rhapsody.Dallas. There are already several M9 videos posted on this forum that give a hint of their magic. Look in the VYGER Atlantis IV thread for the latest. You can’t possibly hope to know what M9s sound like listening through another pair of speakers.

They are the best speaker I have ever heard. Stunning!

Thank you Bob. Lee said he was going to do make some videos so I was just curious.

Reactions: Lee

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Chris and I talked about it and the videos that I posted don't even come close to the in-room experience. We decided if anyone would like to hear the M9s they can schedule an audition either in Hayward or Dallas.

Last edited:

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I posted this over on the Rhapsody thread as Bob said,, but you can hear the M9s NOW in Dallas. We are building the new DFW showroom which will be completed by November but the M9s are available by appointment for demonstration in the existing location, WITH VINYL or of course Taiko Extreme streaming.
Interesting, I'm already considering a trip to Dallas next month so I may try to fit this in.

Reactions: gds7368 and bonzo75

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Interesting, I'm already considering a trip to Dallas next month so I may try to fit this in.
The contact information for Chris, the owner of the DFW Rhapsody location, is available on the Rhapsody.Audio site under the DFW location. Give Chris a call or drop an email to set up a visit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee and MadFloyd

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Sounds like a lot of fun Lee. Will you be recording the sound of the system?
No. I wish I had my SoundDevices and Korg set up with me, but that won’t be the case.

Reactions: PeterA

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
No. I wish I had my SoundDevices and Korg set up with me, but that won’t be the case.

No problem , please use your Samsung or I phone or whatever ( i use a dated Samsung A 70 myself its all i can afford :))

On WBF we like a level playing field

Reactions: Lee

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I probably will use my 13 Pro with the attachable Rode shotgun mic.

Reactions: PeterA

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Okay, so I was very impressed by the Magico M9s. Alon was an excellent host and the factory is impressive. I will gather my thoughts and film a short video this week with more details. Suffice it to say that Magico is very innovative and this translates well to the realism of their sound on recent efforts.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Okay, so I was very impressed by the Magico M9s. Alon was an excellent host and the factory is impressive. I will gather my thoughts and film a short video this week with more details. Suffice it to say that Magico is very innovative and this translates well to the realism of their sound on recent efforts.
Lee, I must have missed your further comments on the M9s or the video that you refer to in this post. Can you please let us know where you have posted your additional comments after your M9 visit in Hayward?

Reactions: MadFloyd

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Greg Weaver visits Alon in Hayward, listens to the M9s and interviews Alon.

Last edited:
Reactions: HenryD

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Wilson WAMM v MagicoM9.I would get un an airplane for that.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Every Greg Weaver video to me sounds nearly the same
I can almost interchange the products and I swear he’s still talking about the same product
What did you expect from Kermit! :p

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Every Greg Weaver video to me sounds nearly the same
I can almost interchange the products and I swear he’s still talking about the same product
Unfortunately, he’s reading a script and it makes for an awkwardly stilted presentation!

• Haha
Reactions: XV-1 and bonzo75

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
To anyone thats heard the m9 and xvx (I know they are different price categories) but what are your thoughts between the two?

TLi

May 27, 2016
I have listened to both on several occasions. The immediate previous speaker of this M9 owner was Wilson Audio XVX.

I can say their presentations are quite different. XVX is more dynamic and soundstage is more open. M9 is more refined and carries more details. It can be due to the fact that one is a ported and the other is a sealed box design. It is like transistor vs tube amps, each has its supporters.

The scaffolding structure of Wilson Audio is not as rigid as carbon fibre monocoque of M9. Vibration is more severe in the midrange and treble units of XVX. This reduces the resolution. But the time domain correction gives a more accurate soundstage. There are two sides of every coin. IMG_2734.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing