My visit to CH Precision

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Despite that the Law of Diminishing Returns will kick in, I am sure some crazy audiophiles will proceed to multiple boxes of L10/M10.
:rolleyes:

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I know you are poking fun Howie but CH is not one of the companies that grinds it owners through changing the gear every year or two. They are not discontinuing anything just adding a new state of the art amp and preamp. The thing i like about them and so do my clients os if you want to upgrade or improve you DO NOT have to sell your gear and loose money you can just add to the system with a power supply or go to mono components. This is not true with most audio companies. with the introduction of the 10 series they will have two different series of gear and an ability to trade up from one to the other. IMHO this is a good thing and I am unaware of anyone else that does this with maybe one or two exceptions.
My clients and I are excited at the opportunity to see what the guys have accomplished and how far the pushed the envelope.
Ellliot
Of course Elliot. I might be considering a P1 soon as I run out of phono inputs...

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Of course Elliot. I might be considering a P1 soon as I run out of phono inputs...
good choice as to once you buy one of their pieces you never have to sell it just add more boxes LMAO

Reactions: howiebrou

Mini-Me

Sep 8, 2020
Pretty cool report...I wish I could attend the visit at CH Precision. The Lausanne region is one of our favorite vacation areas. Nice vinyards there also...besides nice amps...

Reactions: goodsource

Bogan88

Aug 11, 2020
I guess for demanding speakers the better choice will be M1.1 monos rather than M10 stereo??

(apples to apples prices-wise)

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I guess for demanding speakers the better choice will be M1.1 monos rather than M10 stereo??

(apples to apples prices-wise)
either of them will drive anything. The best choice is always the one that sounds better. One would expect the M10 to best the previous amplifier/amplifiers. This as far as I have been told is going to be the case. We shall see shortly but my expectations is the M10 will do that and handily.

Reactions: Christiaan Punter

RdW

Apr 8, 2018
Netherlands
Here some photos of M10 power supply i saw in office and in prodcution line.
Was not M 10 naked,only Power supply,really impressive.
In the last photos you can see 2 big transformer that are on a base isolated and if you touch the base move and stop every vibration
The Big Reds :)

Reactions: Christiaan Punter

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
.... guys have accomplished and how far the pushed the envelope.
Being cool and nice as they all are, I'm glad they are doing more than fine...

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Being cool and nice as they all are, I'm glad they are doing more than fine...
Seems that way as the new stuff is back ordered and takes 3-4 months to order. I need to sell some of what I own so I can but the new pieces LOL

Christiaan Punter

P1, I can tell you, not only offers fantastic operational comfort and indeed multiple inputs, but it also sounds superb.

Christiaan Punter

After one hour and half listening Florian show me the production line in a near warehouse ed explained all the production line and show me all the new board,capacitors and new trans.
I see naked the L10 power supply that was near the X1,really impressive,
here 2 photos of production line and the L 10 power supply with many red capacitors and X1
I'm jealous! Raphael of CH had actually planned a company visit for me and it was all set to go... and then.... Covid happened. Grrrr.

Christiaan Punter

I know you are poking fun Howie but CH is not one of the companies that grinds it owners through changing the gear every year or two. They are not discontinuing anything just adding a new state of the art amp and preamp. The thing i like about them and so do my clients os if you want to upgrade or improve you DO NOT have to sell your gear and loose money you can just add to the system with a power supply or go to mono components. This is not true with most audio companies. with the introduction of the 10 series they will have two different series of gear and an ability to trade up from one to the other. IMHO this is a good thing and I am unaware of anyone else that does this with maybe one or two exceptions.
My clients and I are excited at the opportunity to see what the guys have accomplished and how far the pushed the envelope.
Ellliot
Of course, Howie was just poking fun and I appreciate his comment. Still, well said, Elliot.

Christiaan Punter

Interesting...I also would have initially said L10. From a few dealers with whom I have spoken the impression I got was that the L10 'should' have an increased tonal density in comparison to even the tremendous L1 4-box. So I would have said L10 and then M1.1 but I have not heard any comments yet on M10 besides yours. Interesting indeed!
"...increased tonal density in comparison to even the tremendous L1 4-box". Based on the much beefier power supply and the use of the "Red Caps" (that made such a huge improvement from A1 to A1.5), I wholeheartedly believe that will indeed be the case.

Christiaan Punter

either of them will drive anything. The best choice is always the one that sounds better. One would expect the M10 to best the previous amplifier/amplifiers. This as far as I have been told is going to be the case. We shall see shortly but my expectations is the M10 will do that and handily.
Yup, totally agree. As I know from personal experience, even the "entry-level" A1,5 drives Magico Q5's with ease so it's not primarily about power or control.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
In 2015 i had M7 KSL,phono GE1 with Silvercore SUT and 2 Souga to biamp,with EV Sentry III with Yamamura supertweeter,Montagna arrived some months later.
I was lookingfor a second hand M 1000 and in meantime i went in the shop of my friend 20 km from my home for the first demo in Italy with CH
Demo was with D1,C1 and A1 mono,L1 and P1 not yet in production.
Having tube and SET since 35 years i was not very interesting but went to listen,Demo with Wilson speaker.
I was not a Wilson fan but listen a very very good sound andi found interest in this new brand.
Next days i went again to listen with Tad R1 and also there i had good impressione and my friend told to bring home to try,so i kept C1 and A1 mono and connected GE1 to C1.

Listened at home i find same natural sound from midnass to mid high,with better and deeper bass and better high with infinite power anddynamic.
I found very strange and disappointed for my loved Kondo.
So i listen CH for one week and then connected Kondo and i found in comparison a dirty sound and bought CH
After some months arrived Montagna,97 db, and i tried again but same result,so i sold Kondo nd bought X1,L1 and P1 and then sold A1 to my friend and C1,i listen only vynil,and bought M1 mono
Kondo is king , Kondo is far better than all solidstates on the market but only if you use proper horn like Living Voice Olympian .
Old kondo may have more magic than new production but in my idea kondo is king.
I have solidstate and i have no blind bias on tubes.

listen to Kevin System in UK factory showroom and it will shock you:
CEC TL0 3.0
KONDO Nos DAC
Kondo pre M77
Kondo 300b pushpull
Living Voice Vox Olympian
Kevin AC supply (battery -> inverter )

Kevin is my favorite loudspeaker designer

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
About Wilson Alexandria and big wilsons :
Wilson big speakers do not like solidstates , Vitus Audio and CH precision are good for Big wilsons but the best way to have perfect sound from big wilsons is using Tubes + wilson subs.
Wilson like tubes more but you should use high power tubes for over 38hz.

Over 38hz -> Low feedback high power Tube like VTL
Under 38hz -> SS amplifier For wilson Subs

we can not judge speakers without considering perfect match amplifiers. Good matching affects on both Dynamics and Tone

TAD R1 loudspeaker needs TAD Amplifier to come alive

If you remember best sounds at show :
- living voice Horn / kondo munich show 2014
- wilson alexandria / VTL / dcs + Sub/Paradound show 2013
- TAD D600/C600/M600/R1 munich show

Last edited:

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I love Kondo and i had the old M7,M10 preamp,2 times Ongaku,and power Neiro,Neiro Siver,Baransu,Gakuon.
I have now Shinri,only 6/7 made,same like Neiro Silver but with 300B tube.

I had before Kondo M7 KSL and 2 Souga to biamp my speaker that are 98/97 db with a simple crossover,so absolutly no power problems.

Souga for me is the best amp of the new production,i love 2A3 tube,even if with limited power,also tried 2 times with the Kondo 300 B Gakuho you listened in Kevin system,and Souga was much better,but when i tried CH in my system i listened similar mid magic quality with better high and bass,and sound more clean.

Never listened CH with horn speaker,could be with Living Voice i think are ok for the 15" woofer in the bass.

Anyway i always love Kondo and would like to buy the new Ongaku with pgono GE 10 for the second system

Old Kondo,ANJ, are very good but are not better that the new production.
New production is much better.
I have many friends with new and old Kondo and we tried in my home or friends home

M7 KSL much better than M7 Silver
M 1000 better than M10
Souga much better than Kageki
Kagura not comparison with Shinden and Gakuon
New Ongaku much better than ANJ Ongaku
Trans Sfz better than ANJ 6 or 7
Cable LPZ better than the previous

This is my taste,but also same of my friends

I know there are many products sound like Kondo,or could be better and cost less,but the charme that Kondo has,no others have,and you can sell fast if need money

Reactions: Amir and bonzo75

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Kondo 300 B push pull Gakuho,is the worst product Kondo did,we compare many times with all other Kondo amp,3 friends had and all 3 sold,i tried at home because interest to buy but i didnt liked.

Living Voice is using i think because speaker need that power,but would like to try with Ongaku used only amp section

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing