New Wadax Atlantis Reference Dac

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
To be honest, it's such a subjective issue I rarely rate gear. It's not a cop out, merely an ackowledgement that my tastes may be very different from others. Put it this way, if it found its way into my rack, I wouldn't kick it out.
Fair enough! That said, I often find myself intuitively drawn to certain designs and have been fortunate to have found myself sticking with those choices for many years. Zanden for 13 years...CJ/Gryphon for 10-20 years consecutively until Robert Koda. With all of the great digital to come along, Wadax is perhaps the first to peak my genuine interest. Something about the particular vocabulary people use when describing what they hear...not so much the extremities of quality (that is always the case if someone likes something)...but more WHAT they like about it.

Clearly a high level takeaway with only a few people having heard it, but certainly have spoken with a few who have. Most intrigued.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Fair enough! That said, I often find myself intuitively drawn to certain designs and have been fortunate to have found myself sticking with those choices for many years. Zanden for 13 years...CJ/Gryphon for 10-20 years consecutively until Robert Koda. With all of the great digital to come along, Wadax is perhaps the first to peak my genuine interest. Something about the particular vocabulary people use when describing what they hear...not so much the extremities of quality (that is always the case if someone likes something)...but more WHAT they like about it.

Clearly a high level takeaway with only a few people having heard it, but certainly have spoken with a few who have. Most intrigued.
I have listened for a weekend to the Total DAC , have extensively listened to the dCS and the MSB Dac. I had no desire to replace my CH DAC and spend the money for the Wadax however its not a want, its not a flavor, if you actually listen to this in a system you know there is no way to go back to anything else.
All of these items are really good. The Wadax is not really good the Wadax is something really new and it does not sound like digital. I know at 145k its not for everyone ( i wasn't sure it was for me LOL) but like few things before it I had to have this because it is that special.

Reactions: Scott W

Debunker

Apr 9, 2021
Wadax S.A.
Ronda de Abubilla 33 - Bl. 10
28043 Madrid
Spain
It looks like a house, does not like an office nor factory .

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Probably some underground lair they timeshare w SPECTRE.

• Haha
Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Wadax S.A.
28043 Madrid
Spain
Let me get the Popcorn :p

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
On a positive note, they can cover yearly expenditures with sale of one Wadax product a year! ;)

• Haha

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014
Wadax S.A.
28043 Madrid
Spain
Not unusual in this hobby. I've dealt with many boutique companies operate out of their garages.

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014
Home office, nothing unusual about that! especially in covid times.
I was referring to nature of the business. Turn hobby into a business operates out of a garage. Unfortunately most I dealt with are not good businessmen ...

Speaking of COVUD, been WFH since 3/2020. Campus reopening in 10/2121 but no plans going back in.

In previous job, WFH last 8 years after local division closed. Wasn't interested moving to MI .... I work to live so WFH is perfect for my lifestyle.

Reactions: matakana

gds7368

VIP/Donor
Jan 9, 2015
where would you place the Wadax in this world of great digital? Do you think it competes for the top 1-3 digital sources that you have come across? Top 1?

I will be happy to say that its the top of the heap and its not close. I have an MSB select two here in trade and I personally sold off my 7 box CH precision gear. My friend that owns a Vivaldi stack has already asked me for trade in numbers towards the Wadax. Its not a contender its the new standard for what digital is capable off and if you hear it in your system ( Its an expensive item I realize but so are the dCS, MSB,CH, Total etc.)
you wont want to remove it. It doesn't sound like anything , try it you will see. Its not a flavor it is something really special.
"I will be happy to say that its the top of the heap and its not close."

Holy cow. Shouldn't distributors and dealers have SOME limit to direct statements that their product has achieved total and complete annihilation of all of the competition?

Maybe just invite people to listen to it?

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Wadax S.A.
28043 Madrid
Spain
When someone wants to know something it is a good practice asking first primary sources before posting first thing you see in internet…
You are wrong, that isn't Wadax factory but it is funny to see how people lost his time searching to attack a brand even posting wrong location as an argument...
And funnier is to see how many people want to see this type of info to joke with a brand that they, i don't know still why, don't like.
I respect it but please, don’t manipulate reality. If you don’t really know anything, don’t post it and research first to find the truth.

Last edited:

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
That's funny. I wonder how many $145K units they sell per year.

Sincerely, i don’t care….
It is funnier to see your interest in Wadax’s sales…
You seem even more interested than MSB guys studying Wadax design… or DCS that buys Atlantis Dac unit to research its technology to reach its level….
Or DCS US official technical support ( www.goodwinshighend.com ) being new Wadax dealer and doing A-B auditions between Vivaldi and Ref. in its showroom…

14D836EF-9359-43BC-8D56-860D3590F3FF.jpeg

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Sincerely, i don’t care….
It is funnier to see your interest in Wadax’s sales…
You seem even more interested than MSB guys studying Wadax design… or DCS that buys Atlantis Dac unit to research its technology to reach its level….
Or DCS US official technical support ( www.goodwinshighend.com ) being new Wadax dealer and doing A-B auditions between Vivaldi and Ref. in its showroom…

View attachment 80715
Are you "just a fanboy" or are you affiliated?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing