SOtM sNH-10G Network Switches x2 : The NEW KING of USB/Network Gadget Setup

octaviars

Mar 2, 2020
I use a 10Km 1310nm module from FS.com

https://www.fs.com/products/75326.html

It draws a maximum of 300mA and when I look at the SFP port in my Edge router it shows Tx power 0,27mW and Rx power is 0,11mW (the Edge and my eR is connected with 2m fibercable.

heebrog

May 12, 2018
Perth, WA
Hi Ray,

The datasheet says 200mA typical at 3.3V for 660mW. Although it could draw 300mA at 3.6V worst case. This is the lowest I’ve seen for Single Mode long range modules.

Hi Emile,

Any idea how those power consumption figures compare with Planet Tech SFP's?

G

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
However some friends and I in Hong Kong recently prefer the following Finisar and have already replaced all our transievers with it.
;)

CK, how would you characterize the sound quality compared to the Planet Tech SFPs?.

Thanks!

Steve Z

Reactions: nuway

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
CK, how would you characterize the sound quality compared to the Planet Tech SFPs?.
Thanks!
Steve Z
Quieter, higher resolution.
Higher agility too and music got much better flow.
:)

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Thank you for your reply, CK. I always find your contributions to have much merit. I ordered some of the SFPs today.

Best regards,

Steve Z

Reactions: CKKeung

ray-dude

Dec 8, 2019
Thank you as well CK. The big question is whether optical on the Extreme is again better than copper with this SFP (mine arrive Wednesday, first thing I'm going to check!)

Reactions: CKKeung

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Hi guys,
Just received the Plantech SFP, though I'm not a Extreme owner, I an using a double sotm switch. Emile and Ken were spot on with their assessment of these modules. They are really good. Bigger soundstage, lower noise floor amongst other nice additions, don't really want to wtite too much. Lazy I guess, u guys get the point, compared to a generic TP link module.
Everything counts in the digital domain, and this SFP modules just re-confirmed it. Thank you Emile and Ken.

Next stop, FS modules as recommended by CK. It never stops does it? Stay safe guys.

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Thank you for your reply, CK. I always find your contributions to have much merit. I ordered some of the SFPs today.

Best regards,

Steve Z
Hi Steve,
Can you share the link sir. It tells me its an obsolete product. Thank you.

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Reactions: Abyss Man

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Last edited:

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Thanks Steve.
I write it down, Singlemode LC-LC.
I have ordered two Finisar. I am currently going from the Modem Router to the EtherREGEN with an AQ Diamond Ethernet, but I would like to buy a Sonore Optical Module and go to EtherREGEN with fiber and see what happens.

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
You are very welcome, Francisco.

It sounds like a good plan. Let us know what you think when you‘ve had a chance to listen with the fiber in your network.

A reasonably priced copper ethernet cable that will be a good upgrade over your AQ ethernet cable is Mark’s Sablon 2020 ethernet cable.

Best regards,

Steve Z

Reactions: kennyb123

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I think this is going to take some time. I have ordered the Finisar at the eBay address that you have published and it gives me a delivery time to my country of approximately one month.
Regarding the cable, I think that to go from Modem-Router to Optical Module or EtherREGEN is enough. From EtherRgen to Melco I have a Göbel.

Reactions: oldmustang

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Thank you Steve, the shipping to Singapore is a killer though, have contacted the seller to see how to work it out.

It was no problem to ship those Planet Tech SFPs to you. Let me know if you’d like me to send a pair of these too.

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
I think this is going to take some time. I have ordered the Finisar at the eBay address that you have published and it gives me a delivery time to my country of approximately one month.
Regarding the cable, I think that to go from Modem-Router to Optical Module or EtherREGEN is enough. From EtherRgen to Melco I have a Göbel.

From all I've read, the Göbel cable is an excellent choice, too.

Steve Z

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
It was no problem to ship those Planet Tech SFPs to you. Let me know if you’d like me to send a pair of these too.
Will do sir. Thank you. U the man.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing