Taiko Audio Extreme Music Server

We have been enjoying our Extreme for the last several months
Recently we lost connection to the network
Tried rebooting,etc
Occurred that we only used mConnect as a trial basis and thought it was only needed for the initial setup of the Extreme
Do we need to maintain a paid monthly/annual subscription to mConnect to maintain our network connection for Roon?
The Firewall is turned off so that isn't the problem.
Cannot understand why it just happened since nothing has changed in my system?
Thanks!
MConnect is used to control UPnP sources, and AFAIK, we never produced an Extreme Music Server that used UPnP. Could it be that you are referring to something else?

Sorry I may have confused the Extreme with a previous server install.
I am just try to figure out why I cannot get the Extreme to hook up to my ethernet?
When I try to reboot it, it makes the typical couple of noises when first turned on and then resets again searching for a signal.
When I run my Fing app, it shows the Extreme is not connected, everything else like my computer and Directv is connected and working fine.
Why was it working for the last few months and now doesn't - Really frustrating!!

Do you see it on your home network? How are you trying to connect to it? Maybe the IP address changed?

Fing shows the Extreme as not connected.
If the address has changed, how do I see the new address and change it.
This Extreme should not be this difficult to play music!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    131 KB · Views: 11
How is the extreme connected to your network? Are you using the Taiko Router or is it connected directly into your home network?

What changed since you were last able to connect?

Router > MuonPro Filter > Ediscreation Fiberbox > Ediscreation Silent Switch > Extreme

I even tried bypassing eevrything and connected my Cat8 ethernet cable directly to the Extreme.

Still would not connect....

Are you running Roon or XDMS? Have you tried loaded both to see if I can find the Extreme? With Roon it would search for the core. With XDMS you could see if it can find the IP address.

I'm running Roon.
When I get on the Roon app on my computer, it just churns looking for the Roon core with no luck.
Taiko told me XDMS is not available for me at this stage.

The only sure way to see what’s going on if there is no way to connect remotely is to connect a monitor. It is just odd that it would stop working without any other changes being made.

Router > MuonPro Filter > Ediscreation Fiberbox > Ediscreation Silent Switch > Extreme

I even tried bypassing eevrything and connected my Cat8 ethernet cable directly to the Extreme.

Still would not connect....
Are you connecting the Ethernet cable into the Extreme Network Card? If yes, try to plug it into the LAN1 Ethernet port, instead.

Reactions: Levitator
I have tried both LAN Ethernet ports.
Don't see an Extreme Network card (see photo)

Attachments

• TaikoRearImage.jpg
    TaikoRearImage.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 29
I have tried both LAN Ethernet ports.
Don't see an Extreme Network card (see photo)
It’s the second slot on the right. An adapter for RJ45 is missing. As it is, is for a DAC cable.

Maybe he didn't get the ethernet card, switch and/or router.

The open adapter is the original fiber adapter.

Reactions: Armsan
Maybe he didn't get the ethernet card, switch and/or router.

The open adapter is the original fiber adapter.
Yes, I remember now. Thank you.

The photo shows me using the left LAN port.
I have since moved it to the right LAN port to give more space for the USB cable on the right..
There are no other ports on my Extreme

Here's what I would do:

1 - Contact Taiko support if you haven't already
2 - Power down the Extreme
3 - Connect an ethernet cable from the Extreme directly into your router or switch
4 - Search for an IP address for the extreme. I may have changed.
5 - If "4" doesn't produce anything connect a monitor to the 9 pin blue port on the back and see what the status of the Extreme is. if it has booted up open a command window and type "IPConfig" to see what the IP address is
6 - Report back

Before you figure out what's up with roon you first need to see if your Extreme is on your home network.

Reactions: Armsan
Yes - I will keep you posted.

We have reached out to gfroman, and will be having a video call to see whats up

Please report back since other people’s issues (and resolutions) help educate all of us.

Reactions: gfroman and Armsan

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing