Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
Try Schneider Aventinus Eisbock but be careful :p
Oh man that’s taunting. Had to look up airfare to Munich - $2000. You could buy like half of a 1 meter patch cord for that. Just one channel.
Just for a beer. Decisions, decisions.

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Taiko with Lampizator Horizon Match made in Heaven.
We had Lukasz in our room for about 90 minutes for weaking last evening and we were were all grinning like Cheshire Cats, the sound was that good

I have to confess I never thought reproduction at this level would be ever possible at Munich High End.

Bravo to Daniele, Lukasz and the magicians at Jadis and Omega

That being said, the sound in the Aeries Cerat room is absolutely stellar as well

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Can someone write in some names on the picture so we can put faces to names?

Reactions: austinpop

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
Going forward, please route all directives through legal for approval, unless, of course, it is sales related. ;)

Reactions: Taiko Audio

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Making up for lost time, eh Ed? I don't blame you -- it looks like you're hanging with a tough crew to keep up with!

Cheers to the Taiko team.

Steve Z
I didn’t think Ted was old enough to drink when I met him. Time flies

You need to restrict the amount of alcohol imbibed as we don’t want you guys impaired too much before XDMS is released ;) ………” all hands on deck “

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
All kidding aside. Really cool to see that team relaxing and imbibing a bit.
Hopefully the accolades are raining down on them at the show as I imagine they are.
17 products under development? That is alot of sleeves.

Cannot wait to see a roadmap of sorts. (Fwiw, happy to immediately adopt a bit unstable version of XDMS ;). No love lost w Roon here. Understood XDMS will continue to be improved)

In the meantime, have another for us unable to attend hunched over our screens!
Any particularly interesting feedback so far on the Taiko rooms?

Last edited:

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
View attachment 92967

Goodmorning!

The top PCB is a DC input powersupply enabling the useage of an external powersupply. This utilises GaN (Gallium Nitrate) Fets, can supply up to 11.500 watts and run cool while doing it. Obviously this is overkill, but overkill is sortoff our thing I guess.

The middle PCB is a BMS (Battery Management System), this allows the usage of a battery pack to power the top DC input powersupply. Why did we go through the trouble of designing this while a BMS is widely available and/or included in virtually every battery pack? Because they sound bad and severely degrade battery supply audio performance to below an elaborate high-end AC-DC supply, that is now no longer the case.

The bottom PCB is a battery charger / controller with a remote control interface controlling the BMS.
Hi Emile.
Could you confirm if I have understood it correctly?
The PCB that is in the upper part of the image, would be inserted inside the Extreme, previously the current PSU of the Extreme is removed and inserted in a new box. This box connects to the wall with an AC Power cable and the box connects to the Extreme with a DC cable?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Hi Emile.
Could you confirm if I have understood it correctly?
The PCB that is in the upper part of the image, would be inserted inside the Extreme, previously the current PSU of the Extreme is removed and inserted in a new box. This box connects to the wall with an AC Power cable and the box connects to the Extreme with a DC cable?

Correct, however this may not be a mayor upgrade when used that way. The biggest benefits of this development are:
1) being able to use smaller and easier to manufacture cases at a reduced weight.
2) the ability to run off batteries, useful for power „quality“ fluctuations, no need for powercord and/or fuse rolling and breaking groundloops.

Bottom line is the Extreme as you know it stays what it is now, however the price will go up significantly, mainly due to the sharply risen cost of CNC / high wastage chassis manufacturing.

We will be able to supply a dual chassis variant at a lower price then even the single Extreme chassis.

You have the option to run off batteries. The battery supply is something special sporting a life expectancy of over 30 years and the BMS has been designed to meet the most stringent of safety requirements and certifications, and with sound quality in mind. If using battery packs gave you disappointing performance before, this supply doesn’t.

Last edited:

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Correct, however this may not be a mayor upgrade when used that way. The biggest benefits of this development are:
1) being able to use smaller and easier to manufacture cases at a reduced weight.
2) the ability to run off batteries, useful for power „quality“ fluctuations, no need for powercord and/or fuse rolling and breaking groundloops.
Does that mean a Stromtank would be a good match with the Extreme?

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing