Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Waiting on some parts, same as the network card, If I‘m not mistaken we‘ve been waiting for those for 8 months now which is about 2 months overdue as the quoted delivery time was 6 months.
Like all of the rest of you Extreme users , I too wonder where everything is but the reality is the supply chain has affected every business everywhere.
I suggest we all accept this and cut some slack to Emile and his team. They can only do what they can do. Same goes for XDMS. We all know that when Taiko does a release or upgrade the wait has always been worth it.

ACHiPo

Feb 22, 2015
Pleasanton, CA
Like all of the rest of you Extreme users , I too wonder where everything is but the reality is the supply chain has affected every business everywhere.
I suggest we all accept this and cut some slack to Emile and his team. They can only do what they can do. Same goes for XDMS. We all know that when Taiko does a release or upgrade the wait has always been worth it.
As long as MY Extreme ships with XDMS!:D

Reactions: Taiko Audio

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Emile spoilt us all with his excellent service so he is fully to blame!

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Emile spoilt us all with his excellent service so he is fully to blame!

Agreed!

And to add some perspective, late last year Ed "estimated" Q2 availability of xdms. As an engineer, I've always interpreted that as around June 30. An agressive pull up to May did not pan out but Ed's recent post of a mid-july target for a few manual loads of xdms on customer machines is only 2 weeks off of Q2. Of course, general availability is sometime after that, but for a 6-8 month development schedule for xdms v2, that is impressively close for a software project with so many variables (not to mention maintaining SQ throughout). Bravo!

IMHO, this group has not been harsh at all regarding the schedule, folks just want periodic updates such as Ed's most recent, and 2-4 week updates seems about right to me. I have great faith in the Taiko team, have zero doubt the wait will be worth it, but appreciate updates to help set my expectations.

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018

Armsan

Jan 28, 2016
Portugal

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Are you using the latest Roon version?
Yes , for couple days now I couldn't get into listening checked everything. Last night I switched to Roon was excellent. I switched back to confirm

Attachments

• AFD86975-19D4-4104-B6D5-D0C08BF11E98.jpeg
    AFD86975-19D4-4104-B6D5-D0C08BF11E98.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 16

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Build 970 also corrected few other nuisances that plagued Roon.

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
This why I'm looking forward to XDMS . I dont want to keep comparing. I use a diffrent brand server at my other place and it's just simple . I dont have to worry about choices and comparing I'm stuck with what I have lol

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
This why I'm looking forward to XDMS . I dont want to keep comparing. I use a diffrent brand server at my other place and it's just simple . I dont have to worry about choices and comparing I'm stuck with what I have lol

You could disable Roon updates and just stick with this till XDMS releases.

Cyrus

Jun 15, 2018
You could disable Roon updates and just stick with this till XDMS releases.

@rau I don't understand the reasons for disabling Roon updates given your prior statement: "to me Roon is sounding Superior to TAS" and the fact that XDMS has not been released (yet).

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
@rau I don't understand the reasons for disabling Roon updates given your prior statement: "to me Roon is sounding Superior to TAS" and the fact that XDMS has not been released (yet).
I'm happy with this ver of Roon , I don't want to get a update and chance it's not as good

Reactions: ctydwn

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

I think he is saying that if you like how Roon sounds now (better than TAS) stick with this version until XDMS comes out.

Reactions: ctydwn

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing