Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Gorgeous! Now alarm bumped up even earlier for the details. Toasted ‘To Taiko’ at dinner tonight. Alot of blank stares for that moment but imagining some here may have done the same.

Really looking forward to learning more about what sets this switch apart and, when appropriate, further understanding the long journey of discovery that emile and team took to finalize this release.

Last edited:
Are we looking at a solid copper billet case here?
Yes. We are slowly but surely moving towards 100% in house manufacturing to get rid of external supplier dependencies as those have become increasingly “troublesome”. We don’t want our own anodising facility hence the choice to move away from Aluminum as a base material. Copper is a material which we can finish ourselves (over time), we have years of experience working with it by now and as a bonus the material is arguably “higher end”.

Yes. We are slowly but surely moving towards 100% in house manufacturing to get rid of external supplier dependencies as those have become increasingly “troublesome”. We don’t want our own anodising facility hence the choice to move away from Aluminum as a base material. Copper is a material which we can finish ourselves (over time), we have years of experience working with it by now and as a bonus the material is arguably “higher end”.
It seems, from the pictures, that there is more than one type of finish, is that correct?

It seems, from the pictures, that there is more than one type of finish, is that correct?

Yes, we’re working on multiple finishes, the chrome finish is the fastest and “cheapest” way. Any colour coating can be applied on top. We’re just waiting for “Deco black” to arrive.

...or more than one device.

Just one device on the photo, but here’s the prototype router fitted in the same chassis.

6E662DEF-29EE-4352-9C77-3812A5A6AF3A.jpeg
256C114B-CC7A-4422-A161-603FB34926BC.jpeg
34A089D9-0295-40E2-944A-AC1159FB1D35.jpeg

Copper density is more than three times higher than aluminum. Are you considering providing an health insurance covering hernia and vertebrae trouble to future Extreme owners? ;)

It seems the North Pole and Santa's workshop has moved to Oldenzaal. Way cool. The naughty list seems to be replaced with a "nice" list. I am now visualizing many hundreds of elves around the world sitting with a pen and their check books open. ;)

...I don't want to get on the "naughty list" but may I ask: Have you finalized pricing and the other 100 variables yet, Emile? Very enjoyable to see the pics @Taiko Audio
Thank you.

Actually working on it right now!

...I don't want to get on the "naughty list" but may I ask: Have you finalized pricing and the other 100 variables yet, Emile? Very enjoyable to see the pics @Taiko Audio
Thank you.
Yes, the issue of price also intrigues me. When I saw the machining of that solid copper billet, a cold sweat broke out down my back……

Yes, the issue of price also intrigues me. When I saw the machining of that solid copper billet, a cold sweat broke out down my back……
Let's hope Emile doesn't decide to charge by the kg.

Let's hope Emile doesn't decide to charge by the kg.

Actually we do have 2 versions. Excuse the lighting as it’s dark outside now and I have to rush out soon for my 2nd Christmas day dinner:

CE1F407A-ADED-47DC-9305-4F3FB972D99C.jpeg
2643DC95-CF9E-4016-A511-AC39A2C94A48.jpeg

190*150*40mm weight 7.5 Kg / 16.5 lbs
210*210*50mm weight 15.7 Kg / 34.6 lbs

The difference in the PCB sizes is caused by a more elaborate power regulation section. The cost saving is significant. We’re considering releasing both.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing