Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

For chassis „grounding“ I recommend using the M6 grounding bolt situated between the IEC inlet and the fuse holder.

For signal „grounding“ I recommend using a free USB slot. BTW you can use multiple ground leads to multiple slots to increase the „effect“.

*note this is not real electrical grounding, though it can have a significant effect.

Some of you may still be in possession of the ground tweak, the „Setchi“ we used to make once upon a time, the A series of these would connect to the chassis „ground“ and the D series to signal „ground“.
My A2 connected to chassis ground adds body and focus. Adding a D2 to usb creates harshness especially evident on coral works.
I removed the D2....

January - switch and ethernet card
March - router and to be announced soon
May - Battery Power Supply
July and August both to be announced

Sorry for the mystery part.

Hello Emile, do we have an update schedule for the switch and ethernet card availability, and their official pricing?

Writing my letter to Santa as I type this, so ... :D

Hello Emile, do we have an update schedule for the switch and ethernet card availability, and their official pricing?

Writing my letter to Santa as I type this, so ... :D

Yeah, will post an update this weekend including photos!

Yeah, will post an update this weekend including photos!
He's checking his list
He's checking it twice
To see whose been naughty or nice.......

I hope none of us are on your naughty list :rolleyes:

You should see all of the elves running around at Camp "Discord" as they hurry to fill Santa's bag as they squash all of the associated bugs not invited on the XDMS trip.
I'm leaving some carrots around my Extreme so he will be encouraged to stuff my stocking with Taiko goodies:D

You should see all of the elves running around at Camp "Discord" as they hurry to fill Santa's bag as they squash all of the associated bugs not invited on the XDMS trip.
I'm leaving some carrots around my Extreme so he will be encouraged to stuff my stocking with Taiko goodies:D
Its the Easter bunny Steve, not the Christmas bunny! Milk and cookies for the Jolly fella! ;)

Let Mrs. Claus worry about his diet.

Its the Easter bunny Steve, not the Christmas bunny! Milk and cookies for the Jolly fella! ;)

Let Mrs. Claus worry about his diet.
Here is a clip from one of our favorite Christmas movies. This clip suggests that there is a bit of "Buddy" in all of us and Buddy is in Taikoland talking to one of the Taiko elves and of course Santa is none other than Emile. We are all "buddies" here in this thread as we await our Christmas deliveries

The spilling of beans has been postponed till tomorrow due to family obligations. Merry Christmas everybody!
!!!!!
Honestly, it will be over 40 years since I was excited to wake up to see what was under the tree during Christmas time. The timing is wonderful.
And w the time change, setting alarm extra early.
Happy holidays to everyone and their loved ones. A lot to be thankful for

Last edited:
Switch is gorgeous and I see available in different colors with an amazing mirror finish

Merry Christmas Emile. You've caught all of our attention :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing