Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
In light of that is there still optimism that we will be seeing Tidal on TAS as we did with Roon
Steve,

do you really want to support the MQA path Tidal is directing to?

Merry Christmas to all

Matt

Reactions: adyc

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
Yes, I think they are on the way to all MQA.

Matt
Are you saying no more redbook, just MQA? I know MQA is their favored hi res but I don't see how they can do away with redbook.

Reactions: Steve Williams

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Are you saying no more redbook, just MQA? I know MQA is their favored hi res but I don't see how they can do away with redbook.
Maybe some of you noticed that all the normal Redbook CD albums are disappearing with lightspeed from Tidal. What remains are "MQA" 44.1 (16 bit) albums.

Matt

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
TAS is looking incredible. Very thankful to have stumbled upon this community with a shared passion. For me it has added such joy and excitement to the music journey. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!
Hope the Taiko team is taking a verrrry deserved break and rest!

Pinu

Nov 30, 2019
Love this forum and the passion.... a big thank you to Emile and team Taiko for their absolutely great products and fantastic support. Seasons greetings to all members happy holidays and wishing you all a very happy new year. A quick question, is TAS now also available for EVO owners like me. Cheers Sanjiv

Reactions: 2ndLiner and Esotar

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Love this forum and the passion.... a big thank you to Emile and team Taiko for their absolutely great products and fantastic support. Seasons greetings to all members happy holidays and wishing you all a very happy new year. A quick question, is TAS now also available for EVO owners like me. Cheers Sanjiv
After the Beta release for the Extreme, there will be a Beta release for the Evo tuned and optimized for the Evo

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
About K-POP streaming service in SGM Extreme TAS

Two SGM Extreme engineers are huge helpful for Korea.

In the meantime, Korean Extreme customers received very kind services, and I really thanks for their services.

Recently, I received emails from some worldwide Extreme users.

They wanted K-POP streaming service with TAS.

I had plan to request Korean no. 1 streaming service app Bugs to cooperate with Taiko Audio and I'll pay for using Bugs.

I discussed with Bugs but failed.

Korean customers are no problems, but foreign Extreme users must make credit cards are issued by Korean credit cards

companies.

This is impossible.

So I have no choice to give up using Bugs with TAS.

By the way, there is possibility to hear K-POP.

Until now, all famous streaming service company didn't support Korea.

Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify , Amazon Music, all~!!

But next spring, Spotify will start service in Korea.

All Korean streaming services never support foreign audiophiles.

Very closed.

And they never invest anything.

If Spotify will start service, many Korean label company will contact Spotify and add many K-POP musics I think.

Of cause, all Korean music companies will invest very passively.

This is Korean situation.

It takes long time, but someday you will enjoy K-POP musics.

Please wait for Korean companies.

I'm sorry to inform bad news.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Latest Rhapsody Extreme installation sourcing Pilium Elektra DAC, Alexander Pre, and Achilles stereo amp driving Alsyvox Tintoretto X.
IMG_4687.jpg
IMG_4685.jpg

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
After a lot of work last night with Wilson, we are reasonably confident that we can have Tidal access working in TAS for the Beta release

However searching through Tidal it seems that the offerings are either 16/44 or MQA now renamed "Masters". Hi Res seems to have disappeared as others have reported.

So the next thing I did was to use Soundiiz.com to export my Tidal playlists to Qobuz which was carried out quickly

I have been a Tidal subscriber since 2011, when it was called WiMP

Last edited:
Reactions: Esotar

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
After a lot of work last night with Wilson, we are reasonably confident that we can have Tidal access working in TAS for the Beta release

However searching through Tidal it seems that the offerings are either 16/44 or MQA now renamed "Masters". Hi Res seems to have disappeared as others have reported.

So the next thing I did was to use Soundiiz.com to export my Tidal playlists to Qobuz which was carried out quickly

I have been a Tidal subscriber since 2011, when it was called WiMP
I have now used Soundiiz.com to export dozens of playlists with hundreds of tracks from Napster and Apple Music all to Qobuz and I am in hog heaven. Every track plays 16/44 or Hi Res

Reactions: Steve Williams

onlychild

Sep 18, 2019
I have now used Soundiiz.com to export dozens of playlists with hundreds of tracks from Napster and Apple Music all to Qobuz and I am in hog heaven. Every track plays 16/44 or Hi Res
Does this mean we will be able to export Roon playlists to TAS?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing