Videos: Show me MALE vocals

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

This song wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so overplayed - particularly at audio shows.

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
C’est Moi, from the original Camelot Broadway show. CD redbook 16/44

Reactions: howiebrou

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Awesome voice and recording. It's a shame my in-room videos can only capture a fraction of the dynamics and overall gestalt. Wife and I saw Chris Isaak in concert last summer and he's quite the entertainer. Rather humorous too.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Still working out a few bugs with new iPhone but hopefully not too bad overall.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Silvercore eh? Then why does it look like Thomas Mayer pre and 45/2a3 power as well as Destination Audio type 57 valve pre and 45 valve power, all flea watts.

You moron. You are so delirious with excitement you are talking to yourself now and playing Winterreise for the fourth time

Unsure whether it is the Mayer amplification , the Pnoe horns , your iPhone recording or all of the above but this rendition comes across as rather ‘Peaky’ a little ‘Thin’ if you will , and would be a tough listen over the course of the LP if a reasonably accurate presentation of the system in the flesh... particularly when juxtaposed against the TAD4003 FLH rendition of the same ? media with discernibly better tone , timbre and texture Ked.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Unsure whether it is the Mayer amplification , the Pnoe horns , your iPhone recording or all of the above but this rendition comes across as rather ‘Peaky’ a little ‘Thin’ if you will , and would be a tough listen over the course of the LP... particularly when juxtaposed against the TAD4003 FLH rendition of the same ? media with discernibly better tone , timbre and texture Ked.

This and Universum are both Be drivers in those autotech jmlc, and are my favorite horn renditions for vocals. I have put up many male and female videos of the TADs. Like electrostat with more density

This Pnoe is not like the General's pnoe, which was a great set up but that for some reason did not do as well on videos. Due to the pandemic I could not revisit to find out what was bothering me about this Pnoe set up.

Reactions: Argonaut

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
This and Universum are both Be drivers in those autotech jmlc, and are my favorite horn renditions for vocals. I have put up many male and female videos of the TADs. Like electrostat with more density

This Pnoe is not like the General's pnoe, which was a great set up but that for some reason did not do as well on videos. Due to the pandemic I could not revisit to find out what was bothering me about this Pnoe set up.

Ked, if you were not happy with this video, why post it, or are you simply posting most videos you make for documentation purposes? I'd have thought that a thread like this is for people posting videos they think are good and representative of good sound. I find it pretty interesting because of the wide range of different sounds.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ked, if you were not happy with this video, why post it, or are you simply posting most videos you make for documentation purposes? I'd have thought that a thread like this is for people posting videos they think are good and representative of good sound. I find it pretty interesting because of the wide range of different sounds.

I posted it to show the contrast with the dual FLH. That comes out. Since it was the same tracks playing in different videos.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I posted it to show the contrast with the dual FLH. That comes out. Since it was the same tracks playing in different videos.

Thanks. Good idea. I've got this recording which I bought on your great recommendation. I just listened to it late into the night, a couple of days ago. Perhaps I will record it to YouTube for a third take on horn/set sound.

Reactions: Argonaut

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Winterreise again. Holy hell ked, have you been doing a shootout of audio music 833 and Silvercore 833 with Diapason

What actually surprised me here was this cone (diamond) speaker

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Here are two videos of Schubert's Winterreise with Schreier and Richter, Melodia. Bonzo recommended this recording to me and I really enjoy it. I recorded the first two parts. Interestingly, in my former system, the two parts seemed about the same volume. With my new system, Part 2 sounds considerably louder. The videos reflect this volume difference.

Part 1:

Part 2:

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Two male vocalists.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
What actually surprised me here was this cone (diamond) speaker
Is it because a well matching amp too? Am I hearing a different pressing from what Peter has.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing