WADAX dedicated forum

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Ultimate Audio Portugal
No experiments here. Rock solid system !!!
Wadax Ref. Server with USB output and new Gryphon Apex amp and Commander preamp.
It is playing the Wadax Streamer with APL DSD MR DAC.
I am very curious how it sounds.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Why not the Wadax DAC? An other league compared to the APL DAC.
Are you sure?
Did you listen to both side by side?
Where and under what conditions?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Possibly they sold their unit. I know from the owner of Ultimate Audio, Miguel, that they are very happy with the Wadax reference dac and they had it in their system for a long time. Actually I bought my Wadax reference dac from them (not their demo unit btw) because at the time there was no Wadax distributor in Holland.

Last edited:
Reactions: GuyB

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
I like the idea of matching Ref. Server with no Wadax Ref. Dac.
USB output was designed with this idea…
Not everybody can expend so much money in a Dac.
Anyway, Atlantis Dac is a cheaper alternative of Ref. one with MusIC 2 feed-forward correction technology….
770ECD37-244D-470A-909D-53651B3A3807.jpeg

Last edited:

GuyB

May 16, 2019
Last edited:

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
So you borrowed APL DAC and Wadax DAC? What was the server?
do you have pictures of such an interesting event?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Yes, I did it. In our showroom in Paris (Presence Audio Conseil: https://presence-audio.com/ ). And I decided to become the French distributor for Wadax.
I noticed you are a dealer for Magico (as well). What about a combination of the Wadax reference combo and the M9 loudspeakers? Would be an interesting combination with likely a sound to die for.

GuyB

May 16, 2019
So you borrowed APL DAC and Wadax DAC? What was the server?
do you have pictures of such an interesting event?
We also distribute Antipodes Audio. So we used the Antipodes K50 and now also the Wadax server that we have on demo. The APL DAC was very disappointing, even compared to much cheaper DACs than the Wadax like the Ayre QX-5 or the soulution 560 that we use regularly. If you like pictures, you can have a look on our FB and Instagram pages. And you're of course welcome in our showroom if you wish.

GuyB

May 16, 2019
I noticed you are a dealer for Magico (as well). What about a combination of the Wadax reference combo and the M9 loudspeakers?
We don't have the M9 on demo. I will listen to them this summer in the Magico factory. Maybe Alon will also have a Wadax Reference set there at that time, who knows?
But anyway, Wadax is working very well with all our top products, like Magico speakers or in terms of electronics Soulution, Constellation and soon Pilium that we are also going to distribute in France through my distribution company, Sound & Colors.

Reactions: Audiocrack

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
We also distribute Antipodes Audio. So we used the Antipodes K50 and now also the Wadax server that we have on demo. The APL DAC was very disappointing, even compared to much cheaper DACs than the Wadax like the Ayre QX-5 or the soulution 560 that we use regularly. If you like pictures, you can have a look on our FB and Instagram pages. And you're of course welcome in our showroom if you wish.
I think you have no idea what is good or bad in audio. Or you really didn’t listen to APL.

And no dealer or audio business should praise his products by decreasing others.
this is so mediocre

Reactions: rubinken

GuyB

May 16, 2019
I think you have no idea what is good or bad in audio. Or you really didn’t listen to APL.

And no dealer or audio business should praise his products by decreasing others.
this is so mediocre
I just gave you my opinion. Why should yours be worth more than mine? It's very presumptuous, especially since I'm not denigrating anything in this case. It seems to me that I have the right to find one product better than another, even if you don't like it. There is no need to denigrate my remarks and be aggressive. I'll leave it at that as far as I'm concerned, because I'm not used to engaging in this kind of endless discussion on forums, precisely because of attitudes like yours where someone systematically wants be right and can't stand opinions different from his own. Enjoy your system!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
It seems to me that I have the right to find one product better than another, even if you don't like it.

Just do me a favour criticize a horn on this forum see what happens , lol .

Okay , regarding WADAX it seems to me if you wanna have the WADAX magic , then the DAC is where one should start

Franck31

Jun 26, 2022
I had a Wadax DAC last year, and in April 22 i bought an APL DAC DSD MR SE (i discovered it at Hifi Link in the March 22 open doors, and i was choked !)
SO i have it now since 2 months and the music is full of live, marvellous ! I love that APL MR SE Dac !
This is the only DAC i can compare to my Air Force turnetable.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
I had a Wadax DAC last year, and in April 22 i bought an APL DAC DSD MR SE (i discovered it at Hifi Link in the March 22 open doors, and i was choked !)
SO i have it now since 2 months and the music is full of live, marvellous ! I love that APL MR SE Dac !
This is the only DAC i can compare to my Air Force turnetable.
What Wadax’s model?

Alex Peychev

Dec 29, 2013
Bulgaria
www.aplhifi.com
Yes, I did it. In our showroom in Paris (Presence Audio Conseil: https://presence-audio.com/ ). And I decided to become the French distributor for Wadax.

Hello GuyB,

I usually don’t respond to such forum posts, but you being a well known audio store in France, and also a competitor to our French distributor HifiLink, I felt like writing something here so our fellow audiophiles can have a better grasp at what is going on.

HifiLink brought our middle DSD-SR DAC (15,000€ retail at the time it was presented) to you for audition. This was in October, 2020. Now it is June, 2022. At that time, you felt like the Soulution DAC you carry was “more dynamic”. It is your own opinion and I respect it. But you have never heard our reference DSD-MR SE too.

Since I understand this is a “dedicated Wadax forum”, and I don’t really want to contaminate it, please tell the real story to the readers.

You have became a French importer for Wadax only after this year’s High-End audio show in Munich.

Above automatically means the following:

1. There is no way you have compared any of the APL Hi-Fi current products to Wadax.

2. You are being quite disrespectful not only to your French competitor HifiLink, but also to APL Hi-Fi and all of our customers.

In your place, I would send my sincere apologies to HifiLink and also the hundreds APL Hi-Fi customers worldwide for your unfair posts.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Alex

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing