Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Then I just type here without quoting

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest

For crying out loud... Suppose you insert a quote then write two paragraphs then decide not to use the quote.

As I just discovered here, if you remove the words in the box, although the box stays on screen, if you save, the box goes away. If you edit that, the box reappears with just the quotee's name.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
If you want to edit a post with a quote to include another quote, you can't do that. The prior version allowed editing to include another quote. Instead the updated software creates a new post in a new editor and leaves the editing window open where you wanted to add the quote. Here's an example:

problem with quote box post.jpg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Right
For crying out loud... Suppose you insert a quote then write two paragraphs then decide not to use the quote.

As I just discovered here, if you remove the words in the box, although the box stays on screen, if you save, the box goes away. If you edit that, the box reappears with just the quotee's name.

I did this by select all (it selected all the text) and cut. The whole box got deleted. If you have a problem, I am the solution

Reactions: Steve Williams

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Also, instead of saying for crying out loud, you can use the angry red faced emoticon (press down on the like button)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Right

I did this by select all (it selected all the text) and cut. The whole box got deleted. If you have a problem, I am the solution
Tim

I agree with Ked on this one nor am I bothered by the preview box

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Does anyone know how to indent (or "tab") the text of a post? (I cannot find the indent function on the toolbar anymore.)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I am perplexed. As of late I am having trouble posting music videos. I try to cut and paste a URL as I have always done. I get and gett an error message. It says my url cannot be embedded as entered. Or something to that effect. Help.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Problem solved. I do not know what I was doing wrong. No worries. Thanks mate.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
The floating Large Red Circle with paper/pen icon is really annoying to me. (In fact, it is "shouting" at me as I write this.) This seems completely superfluous and typical of web designers who apparently feel more gizmos (aka visual clutter) makes their profession more worthwhile.

1. Does anyone think the Red Button enhances their WBF experience?

2. Can we lose it?

Thanks

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I don't think I ever seen a floating red button. Where does that appear?

What does irritate me is if I double space at the end of a sentence this site does not add a period to the sentence. At least it doesn't on this iPad. Every other site I use does add a period.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
I don't think I ever seen a floating red button. Where does that appear?

What does irritate me is if I double space at the end of a sentence this site does not add a period to the sentence. At least it doesn't on this iPad. Every other site I use does add a period.
Oddly, it only appears on my MacBook, but not on my desktop computer. It needs to go away...

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
This may sound like a trivial and perhaps silly request, but it is something that has always bothered me with the new forum.

If you want to edit your post, you only have 5 minutes time to do so, before editing shows up as remark "last edited [at such and such time]", something that is worthwhile to avoid. On the previous forum that time was 10 minutes, and it made all the difference. There the "last edited" remark rarely showed up in my posts because all my editing was done within the 10 minute time window. Now the remark often shows up since I commonly feel the need to still edit between 5 and 10 minutes after initial posting.

Of course you could say, think more about the final wording of your post, before you hit post. But it doesn't work that way. I don't seem to be the only person who has that problem: I see many posts by others that are edited between 5 and 10 minutes after initial posting, as the remark "last edited" indicates. So this appears to be a common issue, not just for me.

A 5 minute editing window, without having the "last edited" remark show up, is stress, a 10 minute window like on the old forum is easy going. Can we please revert to a 10 minute window?

Thanks
Al

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing