Zero Distortion: Tango Time

Last edited:
You should PM Tang and Bill on what they think of the compare between Tim’s system and Altec system on the Mahler 2 Klemperer.

Heh. Here you are chastising Peter for his opinion on someone else's videos. Why are you compelled to pit people and systems against each other instead of saying something of substance? You should be grateful others have systems and videos for you to flit across like a gossipy gadfly in multiple salons talking about people who are not here.

Heh. Here you are chastising Peter for his opinion on someone else's videos. Why are you compelled to pit people and systems against each other instead of saying something of substance? You should be grateful others have systems and videos for you to flit across like a gossipy gadfly in multiple salons talking about people who are not here.

I didn’t pit yours at all. It was Peter saying yours were the best, and Tang’s were the best. None of us had commented. We are quite happy you are posting videos. But you two need to understand the difference between friendship and cheerleading club tribalism

Anyway this discussion was had in the linked thread in 2023, on the AN thread in 2024, so no interest now. Let’s go for the annual bout with your tag wrestling team late 2025. You two posting as shift workers is a bit tiring

Last edited:
I didn’t pit yours at all. It was Peter saying yours were the best, and Tang’s were the best. None of us had commented. We are quite happy you are posting videos. But you two need to understand the difference between friendship and cheerleading club tribalism

Anyway this discussion was had in the linked thread in 2023, on the AN thread in 2024, so no interest now. Let’s go for the annual bout with it tag wrestling team late 2025. You two posting as shift workers is a bit tiring

Soon you will see that you are the only one posting videos and they will all be of other people’s systems. Stehno will post official YouTube videos for reference. I suspect that Tim and I and others will continue to share our videos privately. Who needs this?

Reactions: Lagonda
Soon you will see that you are the only one posting videos and they will all be of other people’s systems. Stehno will post official YouTube videos for reference. I suspect that Tim and I and others will continue to share our videos privately. Who needs this?

Yes we don’t need your videos with you saying only your club is the best of when they are far from it. If you post opinions based on sounds rather than other agenda it would be a different thing

We are quite happy you are posting videos. But you two need to understand the difference between friendship and cheerleading club tribalism

Yes we don’t need your videos with you saying only your club is the best of when they are far from it. If you post opinions based on sounds rather than other agenda it would be a different thing

Is that the royal 'We' doing the lecturing -- who do you speak for? From what I gather you have only one opinion and hearsay from others. You continue to pit people against one another with your talk of tribes and clubs -- why do you do that -- it is not an argument and you've been asked several times to knock it off.

Once I said after visiting David Karmelli in Utah to hear his collection of many different turntables and speakers that it was the best in-person audio experience I've had to date -- and am not the only one to say that. And while I am highly complentary of Tang's past videos, I've never said any system or video is the best.

And while I am highly complentary of Tang's past videos, I've never said any system or video is the best.
I didn’t tell you, I told Peter. You just keep jumping in

I´m out again in an hour, as soon as the heavy fog has lifted
as opposed to in here, the fog down the fjord disappears :D

I drifted through the harbor in light air and fog yesterday. There was just enough breeze to cut through and lift the fog.

1726744579506.jpeg

1726744985930.jpeg

Last edited:
your talk of tribes and clubs
Members often post in support of a comment they see with which they agree. I do this; virtually all active posters do this.

I didn’t tell you, I told Peter. You just keep jumping in
But, Tim, the frequency with which you jump in to support or defend Peter feels unprecedented. It's like you are jumping in to defend your little brother.

Last edited:
Members often post in support of a comment they see with which they agree. I do this; virtually all active posters do this.

But the frequency with which you jump in to support or defend Peter feels unprecedented. It's like you are jumping in to defend your little brother.

Ron, for me, the best thing about this hobby is the good friends I have made.

I appreciate that we are still allowed to voice our candid opinions here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Resnick
Ron, for me, the best thing about this hobby is the food friends I have made.

I appreciate that we are still allowed to voice our candid opinions here.
You can, with the danger of being called a cult member. ;)

You can, with the danger of being called a cult member. ;)

Well Milan …
Given that the forum search facility will max out at 7 pages / 200 hits and 2019 , the text typed by certain members of this forum would appear to be as follows with > referring to the word typed … Ergo some *members* appear to have *Maxed Out* their allocation !

tima > PeterA = 200

PeterA > tima = 200

PeterA > ddk = 200

tima > ddk = 200

Last edited:
In my opinion there is no David cult. It is unfortunate that in today's world people seemingly reflexively label as a "cult" any group with which they disagree.

Yes, cults and tribes, it makes me chuckle. At least I’m not haunted by ghosts of members past.

Careful Milan, if you like any of my posts, you may also be so branded by these folks.
I am a big fan of David, mostly for his quirky humor and occasional good advice.But with four column speakers and big SS amps i am hardly a follower of all his preferences. :)

Reactions: sujay and adyc
Yes, cults and tribes. At least I’m not haunted by ghosts of members past.

Haunted ? Who knows what dwells therein , Are you Infatuated to the point of Obsession ? … Beyond Reasonable Doubt !

there can be only ONE David cult, and we all know it rests at the feet of "david.com" :)

yes, Virginia, that would indeed be me

time to move on from all this <GRIN>

• Haha
I am a big fan of David, mostly for his quirky humor and occasional good advice.But with four column speakers and big SS amps i am hardly a follower of all his preferences. :)
You are just one big speaker away from joining us on the other side …;)

• Haha

I'm not the one talking about clubs or tribes. If you cannot see how this puts people in groups and pits them against one another -- all for the sake of scoring points -- then you are more naive than you appear. Virtually all active posters do not do this, although you are one in a handful of exceptions ( "It is unfortunate that in today's world people seemingly reflexively label as a "cult" any group with which they disagree.)

But, Tim, the frequency with which you jump in to support or defend Peter feels unprecedented. It's like you are jumping in to defend your little brother.

This is too easy... You accuse me of what you wrote in the above quote? Often supporting one with whom you agree, what you claim yourself to do? Talk of frquency says more about the multiple attacks on Peter than it does about me. I will continue to support Peter where I agree with him.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu