Audiogon's new face

Hi Tito,

Nice to see you here! My greetings to you, Yelena and little Pubby!:)

A lot of guys here are like you and me, really serious about our.....COOKING :D Yeah, audio too. :)

I haven't updated my GS page yet. I'm kinda backward and have to get up to speed with these darn fangled social network interfaces. Been hanging around BBs too long. LOL. I'll get around to it by the end of the month I think.

I am selling my Transparent Reference digital cable on A-gon and just got this email. Does it not sound a little strange, like a Nigerian email, or is it just me?

"dxxxxx37 asked the following question about “Transparent Reference 1M RCA digital cable ”:

Hello, Do you still have your item listed on www.audiogon.com available?I hope it is in good condition like it stated because I have taken a close look at the advert and am completely satisfied,I would love to purchase it,I'll want you to remove the advert from web and consider this item is sold to me.My form of payment would be via Certified check,If this is Ok with you,I want you to get back to me with the following details: Your Full Name: Contact Physical Address not p.o box: City and State with Zip Code: Cell phone number: amount: And send your reply or any question directly to my email(dxxxxx.miller37@yahoo.com)For quick response back cause i dont get on here much . I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover to come over as soon as you have the check,and i will get back to you once my secretary made the payment out to you. Thanks

Please visit Transparent Reference 1M RCA digital cable to review and respond to their inquiry.

Buyer has 0 feedback

0 feedback = RED FLAG! :(

Agree with Steve, esp. when "they're in a hurry." Total scam!

Thanks guys, very much appreciated. I emailed them back saying papal me only and I won't give out my address.

How many days has it been now and the site still sucks big time. Anyone posting a item for sale make sure you add your own contact info within.

I am selling my Transparent Reference digital cable on A-gon and just got this email. Does it not sound a little strange, like a Nigerian email, or is it just me?

"dxxxxx37 asked the following question about “Transparent Reference 1M RCA digital cable ”:

Hello, Do you still have your item listed on www.audiogon.com available?I hope it is in good condition like it stated because I have taken a close look at the advert and am completely satisfied,I would love to purchase it,I'll want you to remove the advert from web and consider this item is sold to me.My form of payment would be via Certified check,If this is Ok with you,I want you to get back to me with the following details: Your Full Name: Contact Physical Address not p.o box: City and State with Zip Code: Cell phone number: amount: And send your reply or any question directly to my email(dxxxxx.miller37@yahoo.com)For quick response back cause i dont get on here much . I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover to come over as soon as you have the check,and i will get back to you once my secretary made the payment out to you. Thanks

Please visit Transparent Reference 1M RCA digital cable to review and respond to their inquiry.

Buyer has 0 feedback

Obviously don't listen to his tune; it is full of false notes.

From the Audiogon site, it seems they are no longer in "beta" and that all of the problems including viruses and malware have been quashed.

Is everyone finding it better now or are they just sugar coating their response

I just finished a long session with it reviewing things I haven't been able to for over two weeks now. Seems quite peppy and with no errors. I have a hard time with their explanation of web crawlers causing the slowness and errors, though. If they had it running on adequate hardware with an efficient database engine they would not have been having those problems in the first place.

Still, NONE of the transitional bugs that screwed up all my ongoing auctions during and after cutover, and the history of many others have been fixed, or even touched as far as I can tell, despite my reporting it at least three times. Still no ability to close listings because they're screwed up and the software thinks they're waiting on payment or other such state. When they get all that fixed, THEN I'll be a believer.

--Bill

Looks like it crashed again. They really do not seem to know what they're doing!

Application Error
An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. Please try again in a few moments.

If you are the application owner, check your logs for details.

It really is a bit disconcerting. To have a large % of the market and charge what they do, maybe hire web masters more competent?

It really is a bit disconcerting. To have a large % of the market and charge what they do, maybe hire web masters more competent?

+1

Has any one gone onto Audiogon today? I went on earlier and the site was down and just checked and it's still down from my computer anyways.

This new site really sucks big time, how long has it been now.

I recently placed a classified item under "auction" if you read prior to posting it reffers to you receiving a copy email from anyone bidding along with their actual bid. Well I had numerous bids and not one reply so this contradicts such. When I went threw the process of contacting someone at Audiogon to get an answer why what a joke that was never mind awaiting for a reply.

The reply being we are working on it and hopefully in the near future have such in place but thank you for your patience Shanon.

Patience, this is crap!

Never mind they have eliminated in the threads section not allowing members to send or receive emails, dictatorship or what.

This site really sucks big time!

I was attempting to start a Charlotte area audiophile group and we were making progress.....until they cut off offline communications between the members. How lovely.

The 'gone just keeps digging their grave deeper and deeper. It's time for someone to step up to the plate, IMO.

Trust me when I tell you that we have done due diligence on this issue looking for an alternative solution. However it will not only take huge sums of money, it is tantamount to David taking on Goliath and could be doomed to failure

If they keep going in the direction they are going in, they may not be Goliath anymore at some point.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing