Bayz Audio Counterpoint 2.0 >>>>Rhapsody.Audio

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
My listening room is 6,5 m wide, and i prefer the sound with the sub-towers close to the front wall corners about 1,5 m from the main speakers. If they get much closer the rear wave of the omnis give of a uneven sound field.
So, WRT the front and the side walls, where exactly are your MBLs and subs?

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
So, WRT the front and the side walls, where exactly are your MBLs and subs?
MBL’s are are about 1,2 m from the front wall, with 1,7 m to the sidewalls, i sit slightly far field for best sub integration.

Reactions: Bayz-Audio

Beachman

Mar 20, 2020
Thank you for posting the video. Were you at HiFi Deluxe? If yes, what is your impression of the Courante and/or Counterpoint? Too bad people were talking during the audition but I think you can still hear the realism.

Beachman

Mar 20, 2020
Also note the prototype Bayz Audio 100W class A amp which uses patented technologies. We were not going to produce amps until everyone went crazy over the amp so, we will be releasing an amp and pre-amp in the near future.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I finally stopped being lazy and used my Nikon vs. the Samsung for the video. Will always use the Nikon now;)

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
Wow Bob. Nice Vid! Even through the limits of the reproduction chain here, it's clear the Counterpoints are foundationally in another league from the Couraantes which are, in turn, in a league of their own as well!

Sade is in da house!!:eek:

Last edited:

Beachman

Mar 20, 2020
Bob, can you please share your insight and experience with tubes vs SS in driving the Counterpoints and Courante? Is one better than the other or did both provide good results? What would you consider minimum power? Thanks!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob, can you please share your insight and experience with tubes vs SS in driving the Counterpoints and Courante? Is one better than the other or did both provide good results? What would you consider minimum power? Thanks!

Hi Mark,

My answer to this one has to wait for a while. Reason? I can't bear to take off the Pilium stereo amp with the Counterpoints. It's such big time sound and I want to try other amps, but have not yet been able to get myself to do it.

I DID play the Jadis 90 Watt integrated I-88 integrated with the Courantes and it was VERY GOOD. Also I have a Courante customer that is using the Zanden tube integrated and it also leaves nothing to be desired.

The Counterpoints are even more efficient than the Courantes so I predict no issues whatsoever as with the Courantes the tubes sound great.

I would say that for me personally with some speakers I really want tubes for either the pre or the amps. With the Courantes or the Counterpoint I get the same type 3D holographic, very layered soundstage with great spacing between instruments and air around each instrument as well as voices/bodies.

That's probably the reason I have not had the inkling to throw tubes at the Counterpoint. I don't feel the need.

Reactions: Zoltan Bay

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
Although I have not heard the Bayz with tubes, I have very little doubt that the 90db efficient Courantes, let alone the 94db efficient Counterpoints will work splendidly with most tubes (perhaps not 2A3 based designs). I have a 100 wpc CAT and a 22 wpc Almaro 318B both waiting in the wings for their turn, but like Bob, they will have to wait, I'm not ready to give the Audionet MAXs back yet... I'm sure the Jadis gear will work amazingly as well.

Last edited:

Zoltan Bay

Industry Expert
Mar 7, 2020
A new article from Matej Isac Mono&Stereo about Counterpoint 2.0 and his Reference room

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhapsody

Beachman

Mar 20, 2020
An excellent and very informative article!

As former President, VP, and BoD member of the business-to-business only Association of Loudspeaker Manufacturers and Acoustics International (ALMA), our industry professionals used to joke about claims of some "new revolutionary design." In reality, most of the advances were evolutionary and did nudge the science forward; but, they were not revolutionary.

When I met Zoltan Bay at ALMA's annual symposium, I immediately recognized the BRS as a truly revolutionary breakthrough significantly advancing the state-of-the-art: surreal, lightning quick, distortion free, and omni to 50kHz, wow! I had to be part of this revolution and am delighted to be a part of Bayz Audio ever since that fortunate and fateful meeting.

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bayz Audio Counterpoint playing a 50 year old pop/rock tune:)

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
An excellent and very informative article!

As former President, VP, and BoD member of the business-to-business only Association of Loudspeaker Manufacturers and Acoustics International (ALMA), our industry professionals used to joke about claims of some "new revolutionary design." In reality, most of the advances were evolutionary and did nudge the science forward; but, they were not revolutionary.

When I met Zoltan Bay at ALMA's annual symposium, I immediately recognized the BRS as a truly revolutionary breakthrough significantly advancing the state-of-the-art: surreal, lightning quick, distortion free, and omni to 50kHz, wow! I had to be part of this revolution and am delighted to be a part of Bayz Audio ever since that fortunate and fateful meeting.
What’s your role at Bayz Audio?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing