Best turntable under 50k?

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
what a load of BS. You have a bad TT with a mismatched cartridge that sounds bad on its own, highly coloured, and crap across the forum on belt drives, and other cartridge users
Like your comment, bonzo75!! My Ascona Neo is belt driven…. and sounds… I tell you??!!

/ Jk

Reactions: hogen

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Miyajima Zero is 0.7mm tip and 1mm, so you have to decide if you want to play old mono records or modern ones. Given the poster asked about EQ curves, I assume it is older records.

Apart from Dag phono - EMT, Allnic, Zanden, FM, all have EQ curves. You will have to check if you find them effective or not

Reactions: Johan K

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Miyajima Zero is 0.7mm tip and 1mm, so you have to decide if you want to play old mono records or modern ones. Given the poster asked about EQ curves, I assume it is older records.

Apart from Dag phono - EMT, Allnic, Zanden, FM, all have EQ curves. You will have to check if you find them effective or not
Is there a best for both worlds (old and new mono records)?

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden

Yey Sir, I know about that… But thank you for reminding me .
I have find that you can use the EQ curves a little bit as you favour… there is no right and wrong here acording to Dan D’Agostino him self. He told me to use the curves in the way that I find best… usually I just use the riaa curve, but if a recording is a little bit dull or something I use a diffrent curve, and whoops.. everything comes alive again… very convenient.

/ Jk

Reactions: Frankie67

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

from the website

0.7 mil is suitable for reissue monaural LP and a monaural LP of after 1960.
1.0mil is suitable for the monaural LP of a deep groove of the first press of the 1950s.
However, both styli can trace the monaural LP of all generations without a problem.
When you listen to the monaural LP of all generations, we recommend 0.7mil.
When you listen to a monaural LP of the first press of the 1950s mainly, we recommend 1.0mil.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

The older monos were recorded in mono and pressed in mono, the best Decca engineers then were in mono, stereo was just starting off. The modern monos are recorded in stereo, then converted to mono just for fun of some audiophiles. So if you want to be in mono go with the older LPs, there are still many that are not very expensive. If you are getting reissues you might as well buy stereo.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany

godofwealth

Feb 8, 2022
what a load of BS. You have a bad TT with a mismatched cartridge that sounds bad on its own, highly coloured cart that does not go with the arm, and crap across the forum on belt drives, and other cartridge users

One of the worst combinations possible for classical. An Oppo would be better
I do have an Oppo, actually, for playing back SACDs. Hard to play vinyl records with an Oppo.

Reactions: Odd Harry

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Hyun Lee hasn't rested in the meantime. Heard new mono and stereo models yesterday with him. ( The Eurodyn based system didnt hurt ;) )

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Have to see that. His range of cartridges and the difference between them is not always easy to understand.

Reactions: Solypsa

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Have to see that. His range of cartridges and the difference between them is not always easy to understand.
I agree to that?!! I checked out his website just a while ago… and I went a little bit lost… sorry to say. Though very beautiful cartridges. I can imagine they sounds magic.

/ Jk

Reactions: Solypsa

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
What about Hana, Koetsu, Kiseki or MySonicLab and with what tonearm?

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
I know. He builds everything to a customer order so there are options for sure, however more importantly he is always searching to push himself in his craft. And he genuinely cares about his customer's priorities too.

One of the realities of transducer building is that an excellent result is always due to the way all the aspects in a design work together, not just using the new fancy material of the moment. This can bring surprising choices and he is reluctant to even talk about this in a typical marketing way.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Unfortunately I broke the cart a year and a half ago. My own fault. I shipped it back to him for a repair, not trying to hide the truth. He didn’t ask me to pay except shipping cost. Good person not trying to obtain more money but « really » taking care of his customers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing