finally updated my system page......

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Do we have access to any pictures of the internals of the Saskia?
There's nothing about the Saskia online. Hopefully Mike can facilitate this happening.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Torqueo now produce all
Price is around 12.000 euro the normal and 18/20.000 the Limited

They are doing a Pro version similar to Limited but with platter heavy and has a project for a new big TT could be with double idler.
But now have a lot of order,is very small company,and cannot do others

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
please be clear i'm not representing the Saskia II as better than the Shindo. however; the person claiming that, owns the Shindo, and has heard the Saskia II. as the Shindo is a highly modded Garrard 301 (i had one too) i can relate to his opinion.

there is no Saskia website, nothing, nada, zero. other than a few show reports and edgy video's.

i will get Win to write me a product description and details about the Saskia II asap..........so i can stay factual when asked questions. but asap in 'Win' time might not be very soon. and until he finishes tapping my arm boards (for my 2 arms) i'm not disturbing him.

Thanks Mike. I absolutely know that you're not representing it as better than anything. I'm just curious about the drive method, construction, etc. The majority of the "manufacturers" in audio are a guy, a garage and a dog. Asking for a website is probably too much for most....

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks Mike. I absolutely know that you're not representing it as better than anything. I'm just curious about the drive method, construction, etc. The majority of the "manufacturers" in audio are a guy, a garage and a dog. Asking for a website is probably too much for most....

i can expect to get considerable information from Win and record it here on a thread. but it likely will take some time.

tracking shows that the Saskia II will land at my home tomorrow. i leave for a business trip to the East Coast Saturday morning early, back late next Wednesday. Not sure how much help i'll get before i leave, to un-crate it safely, and get any pictures. i'll do what i can to try. otherwise it will be a week before that process starts.

my arm boards are not yet here anyway, so unless i could borrow an arm locally to mount on one of the 5 other arm boards i'll have i'm stuck for now.

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
i can expect to get considerable information from Win and record it here on a thread. but it likely will take some time.

tracking shows that the Saskia II will land at my home tomorrow. i leave for a business trip to the East Coast Saturday morning early, back late next Wednesday. Not sure how much help i'll get before i leave, to un-crate it safely, and get any pictures. i'll do what i can to try. otherwise it will be a week before that process starts.

my arm boards are not yet here anyway, so unless i could borrow an arm locally to mount on one of the 5 other arm boards i'll have i'm stuck for now.

Sucks to be you

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mike, it's not like you're having to play lps w chopped liver in the meantime.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
One of the arm boards that come with this Saskia II is for a 12” Schroeder. Not sure which 12” Schroeder that would be.

It will be tempting.

Dobbins can easily lend you. Just make sure I approve the lending period

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Interesting why Mike is not getting the Schroeder LT when it is Win's preferred combo. Win loves the Schroeder

Ked, Do you know if Win has heard the big Durand tonearms on his table? Perhaps the Schroeder is his preferred combo among the combos he's heard. Do you happen to know what cartridge Win prefers?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ked, Do you know if Win has heard the big Durand tonearms on his table? Perhaps the Schroeder is his preferred combo among the combos he's heard. Do you happen to know what cartridge Win prefers?

I don't know if he has heard the Durand. But Mike is knee deep in Durands, so with 7 am boards it makes sense for him to try the Schroeder, otherwise it will be like some people I know from South India who eat the exact same rice and gravy (Saambar) dish for breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday.

I don't know what Win's preference is, but I do know Schroeder likes Allaerts and VdH master signature himself. He possibly likes more, but I don't know.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I don't know if he has heard the Durand. But Mike is knee deep in Durands, so with 7 am boards it makes sense for him to try the Schroeder, otherwise it will be like some people I know from South India who eat the exact same rice and gravy (Saambar) dish for breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday.

I don't know what Win's preference is, but I do know Schroeder likes Allaerts and VdH master signature himself. He possibly likes more, but I don't know.
First, rice and gravy is good man. Second even he has 7 arm boards he will end up listening to two most of the time. Mike WILL find the best combo to his ears and he will stick to it I believe.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
First, rice and gravy is good man. Second even he has 7 arm boards he will end up listening to two most of the time. Mike WILL find the best combo to his ears and he will stick to it I believe.

Yes my point is the Schroeder on Win's table is a good place to start looking for the other combo so that he can have two most of the time

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
until this particular Saskia II came along i had no thought at all of more tone arms. but the Saskia arm board design is a game changer for this issue. the arm boards are made of slate so they are dense and heavy, and have legs front and rear so they stand up on their own. you can have a tonearm mounted even with a heavy stiff cable and you can set it down and it's safe. then when you want to use it, it slips into the slot and bolts down and all your set-up is ready to go.

the prior owner of this Saskia obviously bought into that direction big time.

i have space on the baseboards around the front of my room that could fit a number of tonearms already set up on these arm boards, a few with cables. they would be completely out of the way of how i use the room.

i could go fricken crazy!!!!

1565237790296.png

1565237914165.png

Reactions: pcosta

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
So what system did this Saskia owner have? What arm and cart was he using?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
So what system did this Saskia owner have? What arm and cart was he using?

honestly i don't know him or details of his system. i've dealt with another person helping out. i do know people who do know the owner but have not asked them about his system.

7 arm boards, 7 tone arms, plus a Saskia II......that's some serious gear right there by it's lonesome.

maybe he bought an AS-2000 or AF Zero? (i have no reason to say that other than it's possible).

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
First, rice and gravy is good man. Second even he has 7 arm boards he will end up listening to two most of the time.

The irony is if you don't have alternatives to listen in your system you can be happy with just that one top notch arm/cart combo. But only when you have heard quite a few more combos, you will know which one sounds best in your system and it might not be that combo in my first sentence.

Why am I talking to myself? :rolleyes:

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
The irony is if you don't have alternatives to listen in your system you can be happy with just that one top notch arm/cart combo. But only when you have heard quite a few more combos, you will know which one sounds best in your system and it might not be that combo in my first sentence.

Why am I talking to myself? :rolleyes:

a senior moment? from one more senior than yourself.:cool:

i may yet go down your path, my friend. i did not expect to be going there, but i can see it.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
One of the arm boards that come with this Saskia II is for a 12” Schroeder. Not sure which 12” Schroeder that would be.

It will be tempting.

The Schroder LT!

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
honestly i don't know him or details of his system. i've dealt with another person helping out. i do know people who do know the owner but have not asked them about his system.

7 arm boards, 7 tone arms, plus a Saskia II......that's some serious gear right there by it's lonesome.

maybe he bought an AS-2000 or AF Zero? (i have no reason to say that other than it's possible).

Or maybe he decided to go all digital, had enough

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing