Introducing Center Stage 2M

Drpie

Feb 22, 2019

Drpie

Feb 22, 2019
How much does it improve performance?
I haven't used a Mac without a platform for a long time. But I came to the conclusion that it was worth the money spent. Also Mac is very comfortable on this platform))

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
We are very appreciative that CS2M was reviewed by Alan Sircom Editor-in-Chief of HiFi+. Alan did the reviewing honors with CS2 and was interested to see how the 2Ms did by comparison. The PDF is attached.

As a side bar, we visited Alan a few years ago when we installed the 2s, and I have to say he is one of the nicest guys you could ever imagine. Joy and I had a great time touring London with him and learned a whole lot more about Port than we ever thought possible. There is a bar called the Crusting Pipe near the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden and every once in a while the musicians drift on over after a practice session, set up and get thrillingly serious at close range. It still send chills up my spine to (quite by accident) hear some of the greatest virtuosos in London perform while Alan, Joy and I, well, got into our cups. :) Oh, to travel again........

Attachments

• HiFi+203 CriticalMassSystems_HR.pdf
    930 KB · Views: 59

docknow

Jul 18, 2017
Joe-

A couple questions:

1. What would be the most appropriate model for a Schiiit Yggy? CS2M 1.0 or 1.5? 3 or 4? Would 3-1.5s>4-1.0s?
2. Thoughts about the CS2M with an ARC REF6SE? I thought i saw somewhere that they were not recommended.
3. Due to constraints imposed on me by my marriage, I only get to have the system on and listen to it 4-6 hours per week at the moment (I know, I know :( ). It seems like the "adjustment" time for the CS2M will be very, very very long and I need my 4-6 hours/week for my sanity. Comments?

Thanks,

-jim

@joelavrencikCMS

Last edited:

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
I don't see any difference between these footers and the old Soundware Superspikes. Looks like the same design.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Joe's is a patented technology that uses material physics based on the second Law of Thermodynamics. The ones you show are not even close. There is no adhesive superspike or any of that junk . It would be a simple a/b comparison for you to understand the difference
read the review from Sircom. It will help

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
Joe's is a patented technology that uses material physics based on the second Law of Thermodynamics. The ones you show are not even close. There is no adhesive superspike or any of that junk . It would be a simple a/b comparison for you to understand the difference
read the review from Sircom. It will help

Ok...Is it a spike or ball bearing under the moveable foot? How do I see the internal geometry or it?

Steve Williams

Ok...Is it a spike or ball bearing under the moveable foot? How do I see the internal geometry or it?
It's neither. The inly thing the 2 footers have in common is that they are both black anodized

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Joe-

A couple questions:

1. What would be the most appropriate model for a Schiiit Yggy? CS2M 1.0 or 1.5? 3 or 4? Would 3-1.5s>4-1.0s?
2. Thoughts about the CS2M with an ARC REF6SE? I thought i saw somewhere that they were not recommended.
3. Due to constraints imposed on me by my marriage, I only get to have the system on and listen to it 4-6 hours per week at the moment (I know, I know :( ). It seems like the "adjustment" time for the CS2M will be very, very very long and I need my 4-6 hours/week for my sanity. Comments?

Thanks,

-jim

@joelavrencikCMS
Hi Jim

The answers to your question are:

1a) Any size foot would work. 1b) 4 is always better than 3. 1c) I don't know as this question is outside my design parameters. What I mean is, my objective is to ensure a clearly audible jump in performance as the height of the foot increases when 4 feet are employed as has been our longstanding design goal.

2) You are correct. The Ref series uses an acrylic baseplate. You can put the feet on top of an acrylic surface without any loss of performance whatsoever, however you cannot put the feet under an acrylic surface. This causes the soundstage to tip up.

3) Lots of listeners share your situation. The result would be worth the wait. Having said this, the exact amount of settling time required is system and component dependent. It is usually different for most people. Perhaps, you could consider playing the system at ultra low levels at night?

I hope this helps.....

Joe

docknow

Jul 18, 2017
Hi Jim

1a) Any size foot would work. 1b) 4 is always better than 3. 1c) I don't know as this question is outside my design parameters. What I mean is, my objective is to ensure a clearly audible jump in performance as the height of the foot increases when 4 feet are employed as has been our longstanding design goal.

2) You are correct. The Ref series uses an acrylic baseplate. You can put the feet on top of an acrylic surface without any loss of performance whatsoever, however you cannot put the feet under an acrylic surface. This causes the soundstage to tip up.

3) Lots of listeners share your situation. The result would be worth the wait. Having said this, the exact amount of settling time required is system and component dependent. It is usually different for most people. Perhaps, you could consider playing the system at ultra low levels at night?

I hope this helps.....

Joe
Joe-

Thanks for your clear answers. I am moving in a couple of months, so will hold off trying the CS2Ms till then. Will probably start with four 1.0s under my Yggy.

-jim

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Hi Jim

I hope this helps.....

Joe
I want to correct myself!!!! I should have said Ref6 in my answer to you. I am very sorry for causing confusion........

aubreyBobb

Apr 22, 2021
That will definitely work well.
Joe,

The M versions are not so new, but I expect to only start to move to them in the near future. This will leave me with a surfeit of the older versions. I am thinking that I might try stacking them, I.e, regular version under M version.

Any thoughts on this?

best wishes

aubrey

Steve Williams

Joe,

The M versions are not so new, but I expect to only start to move to them in the near future. This will leave me with a surfeit of the older versions. I am thinking that I might try stacking them, I.e, regular version under M version.

Any thoughts on this?

best wishes

aubrey
They aren't meant to be stacked. Not a good idea

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Joe,

Any thoughts on this?

best wishes

aubrey
Aubrey

This is an interesting idea that raises the issues of stability and performance. Stacking would result in a serious loss of stability, imo, that would trump any performance considerations. I wouldn't do it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing