Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

yes, tubes?

Finally! It is raining Horizons. Everybody waiting, will get his in next week or two. We are only struggling to pack them well and issue documents. The long queue will be history. We hope to get to number 100 before christmas. Today I finally got mine. Just got my fiber optic internet installed so the room is ready.
Yeah, baby! I'm excited to hear this, Lukasz! (jbrrp1, aka "53" in the queue)

I finally found a TAK. It is on the way….

Reactions: ctydwn
I finally found a TAK. It is on the way….
For me that was a system changing event. Once you have one, all others seem insignificant

Anyone experiment with different connects to Horizon, like I2S vs USB? Doe you have any input on this Lukasz?

Anyone experiment with different connects to Horizon, like I2S vs USB? Doe you have any input on this Lukasz?
I just completed an in-depth demo of spdif vs USB for the Pacific. I had the FTA Callisto USB cable. In my system, spdif won out handily. I did A/B testing of Hijiri, Neodio Origine, Albedo and Sternklang. they were all great cables but Sternklang with a combination of speed, dynamic, bass, vocals, and lush won out. It had a live concert sound.

Reactions: Sampajanna
thanks for the input!
I am looking at servers and wondering if I2s should be on my list of features. The new Oladra, for example.

thanks for the input!
I am looking at servers and wondering if I2s should be on my list of features. The new Oladra, for example.

Are their bit depth limits with i2s? There are with S/PDIF.

After much thought, I decided to forego upgrading my Lampi Pacific to the Horizon, and stick with my Pac. It was a tough decision. But I’ve gotten fond of the DHT Pacific DAC sound and the rest of my system has moved to the DHT direction as well. Over the past 30 years, I’d been a stat person. Now I have a pair of Klipsch La Scalas whose virtues I’m getting to admire more and more each day. Once you have a pair of loudspeakers that can generate 105 dB on 1 watt, and more importantly, do that at less than 0.1 % total harmonic distortion, which 99.9% of audiophile speakers cannot, it changes your perspective.

I’m listening now to the immortal jazz album “Coltrane plays the Blues” at a level that approaches a jazz club, using a pair of Cary 300B SET amps with one Western Electric 300B per channel. One 300B DHT power tube per channel, one DHT tube per DAC channel. That’s how I like my sound now! Drum kit transients at high volumes with close to 0% distortion. Changes the way you listen.

I expect to get a pair of Triode Labs 45M tube monoblocks next week, which are going to hopefully give me an even purer sound. 2 watts per channel with one DHT 45 tube per channel. Who needs more power? Not me! After that, who knows? Now, if Lampi would give me an integrated DAC with DHTs that produces 2-5 watts per channel, I might be interested.

Also, I live 10 miles from the Pacific Ocean. There’s that connection to the Pacific DAC. I go often to one of dozens of beaches near my house. Here’s a recent pic of me with my dogs in one of my nearby beaches. Who can ask for more? Thank you, Lampi, for the joy you’ve brought to my musical life. Long may you prosper. I will await to see what lies beyond the Horizon!

Attachments

• 97384AC3-F226-4887-8157-47F2A53BC43E.jpeg
    97384AC3-F226-4887-8157-47F2A53BC43E.jpeg
    951 KB · Views: 42
After much thought, I decided to forego upgrading my Lampi Pacific to the Horizon, and stick with my Pac. It was a tough decision. But I’ve gotten fond of the DHT Pacific DAC sound and the rest of my system has moved to the DHT direction as well. Over the past 30 years, I’d been a stat person. Now I have a pair of Klipsch La Scalas whose virtues I’m getting to admire more and more each day. Once you have a pair of loudspeakers that can generate 105 dB on 1 watt, and more importantly, do that at less than 0.1 % total harmonic distortion, which 99.9% of audiophile speakers cannot, it changes your perspective.

I’m listening now to the immortal jazz album “Coltrane plays the Blues” at a level that approaches a jazz club, using a pair of Cary 300B SET amps with one Western Electric 300B per channel. One 300B DHT power tube per channel, one DHT tube per DAC channel. That’s how I like my sound now! Drum kit transients at high volumes with close to 0% distortion. Changes the way you listen.

I expect to get a pair of Triode Labs 45M tube monoblocks next week, which are going to hopefully give me an even purer sound. 2 watts per channel with one DHT 45 tube per channel. Who needs more power? Not me! After that, who knows? Now, if Lampi would give me an integrated DAC with DHTs that produces 2-5 watts per channel, I might be interested.

Also, I live 10 miles from the Pacific Ocean. There’s that connection to the Pacific DAC. I go often to one of dozens of beaches near my house. Here’s a recent pic of me with my dogs in one of my nearby beaches. Who can ask for more? Thank you, Lampi, for the joy you’ve brought to my musical life. Long may you prosper. I will await to see what lies beyond the Horizon!
I can understand your decision. After waiting for so long to get the H, I have truly enjoyed my Pacific to no end.

I can understand your decision. After waiting for so long to get the H, I have truly enjoyed my Pacific to no end.
Will.....I am counting the days for you

• Haha
Reactions: Willgolf
Houston, we have a countdown!!!!! After a tough and agonizing 9-month gestation period my Horizon is finally born and is on the way home later this week. There were a few complications but all is well and we look forward to enjoying our new component!

BTW, the H will be getting a new big brother but I can't divulge the details until the transaction is completed.

BTW, the H will be getting a new big brother but I can't divulge the details until the transaction is completed.
No you are teasing us :p

Houston, we have a countdown!!!!! After a tough and agonizing 9-month gestation period my Horizon is finally born and is on the way home later this week. There were a few complications but all is well and we look forward to enjoying our new component!

BTW, the H will be getting a new big brother but I can't divulge the details until the transaction is completed.A
As you already know having heard it at Steve's place--you're in for a major treat, Will!

I'm excited for you.

Fred A.

P.S. can you remind me what that NOS tube was that we discovered in the bundle you brought over? I recall it being crazy good and crazy affordable in Steve's H.

For those of you who will be making it to Capital AudioFest next month I wanted to extend an invitation to one of our main rooms which will feature a LampizatOr Horizon DAC as well as the North American debut of the Westminster Labs REIs and a Quest pre handling amplification.

Here's an intro to the gear we will have in room 525:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing