Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Anyone buy from this place ?
View attachment 87340
I bought those same quad matched tubes Got them two days ago. prrfectly packaged. Tubes are perfectly matched. Thumbs up for the company. I bought mine from eBay. They were more money on eBay

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
I bought those same quad matched tubes Got them two days ago. prrfectly packaged. Tubes are perfectly matched. Thumbs up for the company. I bought mine from eBay. They were more money on eBay
Thanks Steve seems to be same place 10.00 difference.

Steve Williams

Thanks Steve seems to be same place 10.00 difference.
Same company. Same tubes. Yours are $100 less than what I paid on eBay however mine came directly from the manufacturer.

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Just a brief update to those who are considering hearing the Horizon at my house in Feb when Lukasz and Fred are present....Yesterday, 4 more members have added their names to the list so things are filling up.

I was hoping to have an open house demo on Monday evening but Fred and Lukasz will be leaving on Monday . So if you are still considering the event you should sign up sooner rather than later as there just might not be enough room for everyone

Finally, to reiterate my lack of interest in tube rolling, I did take great interest in post 44 where Master Yoda discusses his tube preferences in the Horizon.I read with great interest about the 6900 which I have never heard of before. Apparently only 3000 were ever made by the US military before production was stopped forever

I found some interesting articles about the tube and decided I was very interested in this tube. A text from Lukasz to me further convinced me to search for this tube when he stated "6900 is made by Gods in heaven"

Well after a 2 week search I did find a source who had several matched pairs of the Bendix 6900 which I quickly purchased. Along with these I will try the 6N1P-EB for input but I have also ordered 2 pairs of the KT-88's and I have an RK-KR 5u4g

I have never heard the 6900 let alone heard "of" the 6900 but having bought 2 pairs I am told y the seller that these are not only unobtanioum but a must listen if Lukasz says these are his favorite

I am also told that I will have my Horizon at least a week before the weekend sessions at my house. This will hopefully allow sufficient time for tube burn in as well as getting the Horizon settled on a set of Center Stage CS2M's which are currently under the Pacific

I will keep updating status of the weekend demos but it is filling faster than I thought so please reach out to me if you are planning to attend
Good morning and Happy New year to all

Just a brief update on the status of the visit by Lukasz and Fred to my house for an open house demo and launch of the new Lampizator Horizon

There are now about 20 members signed up for both days. Saturday has fewer people than Sunday but the more the merrier.

We are planning to do open house demos from noon until 5-6 o'clock depending on the number of people present.

To all of you who have signed up , please contact me so that I can give you my address and directions to my house. I will also need names of all attendees for the gate pass.

Finally I plan on serving food and drink for all attendees so people can be outside the room talking and snacking while listeners are in the sound room

It is shaping up to be a fun weekend and Lukasz will be bringing a suitcase full of tubes to try in the Horizon

I have already purchased and have my tubes that I plan to start with
6900 x 2 (matched set tested as new)

Tung-Sol KT 170 quad matched set

Either Rk-KR 5u4g (from my Pacific) and Shuguang GZ480 (also used in my Pacific)

so please reach out to me again so I can get your names on the guest pass as well as getting directions to my house and deciding which day you are attending

Talking to Lukasz, he seems really juiced about this demo so I know this will be a learning experience for all

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
Glad to see your all in Steve it means so much to all interested and lurkers as well.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
It is my assumption that Lampi is going to provide an assortment of tubes that one could select from as part of your purchase? I only ask because I purchased an amp where the Company does not provide tubes because they felt that people all want different tubes and they can't stock everything that people would want. Also, It appears people are already buying tubes so I just wanted to clarify if I need to buy tubes.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Just a brief update on the status of the visit by Lukasz and Fred to my house for an open house demo and launch of the new Lampizator Horizon

There are now about 20 members signed up for both days. Saturday has fewer people than Sunday but the more the merrier.

We are planning to do open house demos from noon until 5-6 o'clock depending on the number of people present.

To all of you who have signed up , please contact me so that I can give you my address and directions to my house. I will also need names of all attendees for the gate pass.

Finally I plan on serving food and drink for all attendees so people can be outside the room talking and snacking while listeners are in the sound room

It is shaping up to be a fun weekend and Lukasz will be bringing a suitcase full of tubes to try in the Horizon

Either Rk-KR 5u4g (from my Pacific) and Shuguang GZ480 (also used in my Pacific)

so please reach out to me again so I can get your names on the guest pass as well as getting directions to my house and deciding which day you are attending

Talking to Lukasz, he seems really juiced about this demo so I know this will be a learning experience for all

Superb hosting as always, Steve

Steve Williams

It is my assumption that Lampi is going to provide an assortment of tubes that one could select from as part of your purchase? I only ask because I purchased an amp where the Company does not provide tubes because they felt that people all want different tubes and they can't stock everything that people would want. Also, It appears people are already buying tubes so I just wanted to clarify if I need to buy tubes.
From what I understand Lukasz will provide the best tubes he has in hand at the time of shipping the unit. There are many of us who want certain designated tubes and have purchased these already as did I. Whether my selection changes will depend on what tricks Lukasz brings out of his bag

Reactions: wisnon

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Everyone is scurrying for their Horizon tubes and wonder what to do about buying some of those already mentioned in order to hear the magic with their Horizon when the time comes. (The idea is that scarce tubes are only going to get scarcer so why not buy them now?)

One thing to keep in mind is that when the DHT GG and Pacific came out, Lukasz also recommended some tubes to use initially; namely the 242 and PX25 outputs and the KR5u4G RK rectifier. As far as I know, nobody ever felt badly that these were the tubes that came with their initial purchase. My guess is that the same will likely be true for Horizon. Whatever tube set he recommends initially, it's probably going to be pretty darn good so I wouldn't overthink about what to buy now for fear of missing out. He will probably have to provide new tubes to supply new units since he almost certainly can't count on obtaining significant quantities of NOS to supply entire production runs. But my guess is that nobody will be disappointed by the recommended tubes that will come with their new Horizon. (This seems even more likely now since his recent posts hinted that some pretty inexpensive tubes work just beautifully!)

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Everyone is scurrying for their Horizon tubes and wonder what to do about buying some of those already mentioned in order to hear the magic with their Horizon when the time comes. (The idea is that scarce tubes are only going to get scarcer so why not buy them now?)

One thing to keep in mind is that when the DHT GG and Pacific came out, Lukasz also recommended some tubes to use initially; namely the 242 and PX25 outputs and the KR5u4G RK rectifier. As far as I know, nobody ever felt badly that these were the tubes that came with their initial purchase. My guess is that the same will likely be true for Horizon. Whatever tube set he recommends initially, it's probably going to be pretty darn good so I wouldn't overthink about what to buy now for fear of missing out. He will probably have to provide new tubes to supply new units since he almost certainly can't count on obtaining significant quantities of NOS to supply entire production runs. But my guess is that nobody will be disappointed by the recommended tubes that will come with their new Horizon. (This seems even more likely now since his recent posts hinted that some pretty inexpensive tubes work just beautifully!)

I agree with everything you said. I haven’t bought 1 tube and won’t until I have the unit burned in with the stock tubes. Having said that, I have tons of tubes that can be used so I am pretty stocked already.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011

AHHH MAN, I so wish I could be there. Will be awesome. Enjoy it to the maximum.

Reactions: Golum

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
The Horizon will come with tubes, but the types cannot be guaranteed nor pre-determined. The tube market is too tight for that.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
From what I understand Lukasz will provide the best tubes he has in hand at the time of shipping the unit. There are many of us who want certain designated tubes and have purchased these already as did I. Whether my selection changes will depend on what tricks Lukasz brings out of his bag
Flawless Vulcan logic, Steve. Live long and prosper.

• Haha
Reactions: Golum

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011

True Marty, BUT the cachet of great sounding near unobtanium vintage tubes will never get old. If we are off at the races, better get a jump start. LoL

Reactions: Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing