Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Steve anything you guys found close to the 6900 for us poor guys ?
Yes. Indeed we did

the MELZ Russian Metal Plate - no perforations

willgolf brought a bunch of tubes last weekend and the one which I would say is easy to get and sonically superb is the Brimar 12AT7 with the YELLOW T on the tube

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Go back a few pages.
Melz
Brimar Yellow T 6060
VT99 (not yet tested, with adapter)
Tung-sol 5687 (with adapter)
Amperex 7119 (with adapter)
ECC82 (with adapter)
Shuguang Treasure 6SN7

Last edited:

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Go back a few pages.
Melz
Brimar Yellow T 6060
VT99 (not yet tested)
Tung-sol 5687 (with adapter)
Amperex 7119 (with adapter)
ECC82 (with adapter)
Shuguang 6SN7

Attachments

• 11C8FF14-BF02-4BD4-AF79-D151E2BC6264.jpeg
    11C8FF14-BF02-4BD4-AF79-D151E2BC6264.jpeg
    585 KB · Views: 10

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

There are so many options in the Horizon and there is no 1 "best" tube. There are dozens of inexpensive (and expensive) 6SN7s which have yet to be tried which could easily be the most enjoyable.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
That's what I'm saying
Hoarder sell all 168 pairs of DHTs and you'll be even positive after paying of the Horizon - or maybe not - you already bought 297 quads and pairs for Horizon :D

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Yes. Indeed we did

the MELZ Russian Metal Plate - no perforations

willgolf brought a bunch of tubes last weekend and the one which I would say is easy to get and sonically superb is the Brimar 12AT7 with the YELLOW T on the tube
Yeah price not bad at all on yellow T

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Does the Yellow T Brimar require an adaptor?

The only tubes that don't require an adapter are 6SN7s and equivalents (CV-181/ECC32, 1578, etc). The socket is an eight-pin octal base so any of the 9 pin small tubes will require an adapter.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I learned a lot about tubes from Lukasz this past week. I understand his sonic preferences when he voices a new product. Bottom line according to Lukasz is the Horizon has endless combinations. What’s good in my room and my system might sound might not sound the same in someone else’s system

I rarely ever change a tube unless one fails and that always happens with the amps off. Lukasz and Fred taught me how to change rectifier and input tubes with the amp on but they did say that the pentodes should only be changed with amps off.

Finely remember if you are running the DAC SE and not balanced. Only the two left pentodes are required. So if you get a quad set he suggested putting in two cheap tubes in the right two pentode sockets

findog

Apr 29, 2019
www.tinyurl.com
I learned a lot about tubes from Lukasz this past week. I understand his sonic preferences when he voices a new product. Bottom line according to Lukasz is the Horizon has endless combinations. What’s good in my room and my system might sound might not sound the same in someone else’s system

I rarely ever change a tube unless one fails and that always happens with the amps off. Lukasz and Fred taught me how to change rectifier and input tubes with the amp on but they did say that the pentodes should only be changed with amps off.

Finely remember if you are running the DAC SE and not balanced. Only the two left pentodes are required. So if you get a quad set he suggested putting in two cheap tubes in the right two pentode sockets

I have a balanced TRP but I only use the SE so I just use two tubes plus the rectifier. I've been leaving the balanced tube sockets empty.

Mr P

Apr 17, 2015
Fort Myers, Florida
The wife and I spent the day at the Florida Audio Expo. To our ears the Lampizator room by far had the most natural/musical sound. Great system synergy. We could have spent the whole day there listening. Looking forward to the arrival of our Horizon. The Tobian loudspeakers are also very intriguing.

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
We have so many positive opinions about our room that it is simply too good to be true. People stay half an hour or more. Considering we have small, shitty untreated room it is simply amazing . Any music genre you throw at the Horizon sounds just phenomenal. Lampizator North America - Fred and Rob have their first encounter with the H and love it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing