Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

John T

Feb 15, 2022
@Willgolf: Thank You, Not really concerned, I was more curious than anything. I have never seen or heard a component such as the Horizon with such high accolades. John

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
John
The tubes are the least of your concerns. They will last a very very long time in the Horizon. If you get the tube rolling disease, it still won't cost you a lot of money, especially compared to the $44K Euro price of the Horizon. They can range from $75 dollars to $1.3k for the likes of a Western Electric 274B tube.
FWIW a WE 274B is now running $2200-$2400

• Sad
Reactions: ctydwn

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
What improvements do you hear over the Pac?
Realism goes up quite a few notches for me. It's a very believable voice with layers of texture. For eg the pac might have 2 inflections in a singing voice, this gives us double the no of inflections. You see more into the sound as an emotional source.

Else mostly the same. Soundstage I had was really good anyway so that's the same for me. Ditto with 3d imaging and timing. Frequency response was more even in the mids compared to the Pacific as well I feel

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
Here is my new Horizon in the lower left hand corner. My Doshi preamp is hidden by the center speaker. Interesting that both Michael and I have horns, although mine are a lot older, 20+ year old Avantgarde Duos. I'm also heavily into analogue, these days really into tape. First listen to the Horizon shows a significant step up from my Pacific, which I really liked. Started listening with the stock tubes (while the Pacific had upgraded PX25s and RK Lampi Anniversary 5U4G rectifier). Just switched to the RK Lampi rectifier and there was another noticable step up. I'll be listening more and comparing to my master and other tapes. Larry
View attachment 93849

That' a nice man cave Larry ;)

John T

Feb 15, 2022
All this input gives (especially someone who has only been involved with Solid State) a better overall perspective, a clearer understanding of what dynamics lie ahead...In regards to which flavor (color). The top on the Silver and mouse Pearl: I wish the photography was better to show each individual Horizon Color. I cannot tell the shade of the white top, I do like the copper top on the Duracell. One should be happy with the Aesthetics. If anyone can shed some light into the 4 color schemes I would be grateful...John

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Will send you pics of my mouse gray via PM

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

It sounds nice.

I sent message to DSG, exhibitor of Lampi in Pacific Audiofest whether they will show Horizon or not but no reply yet.

It will be nice if I can have chance to listen to Horizon over there.

As you may know, I have more than 60 different kinds of 6sn7 tubes and variants including 8 paiir of 6f8g, 7f7.

It will be fun to do tube rolling in Horiizon.

Reactions: Alrainbow

Steve Williams

All this input gives (especially someone who has only been involved with Solid State) a better overall perspective, a clearer understanding of what dynamics lie ahead...In regards to which flavor (color). The top on the Silver and mouse Pearl: I wish the photography was better to show each individual Horizon Color. I cannot tell the shade of the white top, I do like the copper top on the Duracell. One should be happy with the Aesthetics. If anyone can shed some light into the 4 color schemes I would be grateful...John
Go with the copper top. It has a great appearance

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Thanks Steve! I'm looking and filling my head with more new stuff! As if I don't have enough pollution in there already! John

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I am thinking real copper as well. Does the real copper have any sonic impact or is it just aesthetic?

John T

Feb 15, 2022
@Sampajanna: I wouldn't think so, this is all about aesthetics. So your looking at Duracell? John

Steve Williams

I am thinking real copper as well. Does the real copper have any sonic impact or is it just aesthetic?
I’ve not heard anything adverse with the horizon nor with the Pacific as I had a copper top as well

John T

Feb 15, 2022
@Steve Williams: Steve do you have the copper top with the Matt Black or the Duracell? I have never spent this much time evaluating color schemes...John

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Check that Steve, I see now. The top distinguishes the name...

DSG Rob

May 8, 2019

It sounds nice.

I sent message to DSG, exhibitor of Lampi in Pacific Audiofest whether they will show Horizon or not but no reply yet.

It will be nice if I can have chance to listen to Horizon over there.

As you may know, I have more than 60 different kinds of 6sn7 tubes and variants including 8 paiir of 6f8g, 7f7.

It will be fun to do tube rolling in Horiizon.
Hi Thomask,

We'll have two Horizons at the Pacific Audiofest. One in the Von Schweikert room and one in the Acora room. Fred and I will be happy to explain all the features, and demo the DAC for you in person. Look forward to meeting you!

Last edited:

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Reactions: fizzletop and Golum

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing