Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
Could you please share a link to that on their site? When I Google search nothing is coming up, and I cannot seem to find it on the site. Thanks!

here: https://graphiteaudio.com/

Graphite Audio, we are their distribution hub in the UK. Those are seriously great footers. And yet rest the power cable for your electronics with their CIS-35 cable lifters ;) you will be surprised with what you hear, believe me

Reactions: Sampajanna

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
here: https://graphiteaudio.com/

Graphite Audio, we are their distribution hub in the UK. Those are seriously great footers. And yet rest the power cable for your electronics with their CIS-35 cable lifters ;) you will be surprised with what you hear, believe me
Thanks for the helpful link! Hmmm.....no US distribution yet, it seems.......

Reactions: mr.gregdee

DSG Rob

May 8, 2019
Hi Jay,

There is USA distribution now. We'll have stock in about a weeks time.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
how much are those power cable lifters?

DSG Rob

May 8, 2019
Reactions: Sampajanna

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
Reactions: mr.gregdee

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I am switching to real copper :)

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
Finally, THE EAGLE has landed , after long perturbations .

(Kudos to Monika & Lucas for fighting back post-brexshit shambles with couriers).

Now I can start exercising the Horizon in broader context at my own reference space, after guest visits and show listening to sessions. Soon more to be reported, for now enjoy the first snaps of our lovely demonstrator machine, which Lukas ordered to finish in our company color as matter of surprise. Much appreciated as well, finishing touch.

This weekend will be busy during the Cranage Show taking place in the UK, on which the official UK launch of the Horizon is going to take place. But also the back events related to LampizatOr X Anniversary which we all, sadly had been forced to celebrate quietly. Read more about all of this under the link below: Hope I am not hi-jacking anything by putting the link on here ?

But the biggest celebration will be the fact that Lukasz is going to be there with Us, as our special VIP guest, so come around to say hello as well as join us during Saturday Symposium about the Horizon project taking place in our Aplleton room at the lunch time.

Looking forward to see you All who can make it, there :)

BTW, re 1st snap: It has been a long time since I SMILED so wide ;)

Attachments

• 31a973f8-a3a7-437b-a643-c910d9df141a.jpg
    31a973f8-a3a7-437b-a643-c910d9df141a.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 02ec281f-2565-4d33-8838-47303758148a.jpg
    02ec281f-2565-4d33-8838-47303758148a.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 483f7a68-423a-49f5-8c4f-6088195c7cab.jpg
    483f7a68-423a-49f5-8c4f-6088195c7cab.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com

You are welcome! There is one in the set ongoing, I can tell you no more, But ask them via email to get the info from the first hand.

Reactions: ctydwn

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
congrats! Exciting! Smile, indeed!

Reactions: ctydwn

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
How to start this post regarding Horizon and in general not copy/paste all accolades that already have been mentioned/written in hundred plus pages of this thread. I guess quite a difficult task this will be. I personally knew for the Horizon project for quite some time, being even pre pandemic times (before Skynet took over), and once driving with my dear friend Norman aka @wisnon we’ve even contemplated about the name proposal which obviously was not “Horizon” :), but we still believe it was a nice contender (at least) :). Based on Yoda extreme enthusiasm at a time, we knew that he was cooking something exceptional.

Fast forward almost three years (cannot believe they passed so quick after the ordeal we witnessed and are still witnessing) and mouse gray aluminum heavy weight work of art is sitting calmly on my shelf (good feeling I must admit). I don’t have to, but I will repeat, that I’ve been lucky enough to live with quite a nice number of Lampi DACs in the previous period and I heard probably all of them in my own system so from that perspective I can say that I created a nice picture how particular DAC performs and in which “group” I could place it. I also need to state that his DACs made of me a tube collecting/rolling junkie which at the end of the day is a beautiful thing. Never will a transistor (kudos to them anyhow) put a smile on my face like inserting a 100-year-old tube collecting dust for decades and upon pressing a power ON button, starting to make a beautiful music. It is just like boundaries of time and space are gone and magic starts (reads a bit like fairytale and sometimes we do need them :)).

Going back to Horizon, it is absolutely clear on the first lifting of the flight case that many (all) things have been massively re-worked vs other units in portfolio starting from packaging, design of the chassis, quality of the chassis and color selection. What is inside of the unit I will not even mention as I’m not competent to comment but reading and seeing the tube complement this has too be the case as well. Design as such of course should not be discussed as we all have different taste, but I find Horizon gorgeous looking on pictures and even more in situ. Also, I kind of don’t pay attention too much on the rear panels but this one on Horizon I find just plain phenomenal and powerful looking. Nixie tubes also have their specific charm and with the buttons below in my mind create a nice “smile” emoticon. Selection of possible tube options to try out in Horizon is just mind boggling and one needs to keep his junkie habit of hoarding the tubes well on the leash not to get overly crazy and thanks God here I believe I did quite a good job with myself. So, in terms of pentodes, I got KT170, El156, EL51 and F2A quads on hand thanks to my great buddies in Zurich (extreme tube hoarders for TRP) while double triodes I would say I have majority of top ones excluding TS 6sn7 round plates and Bendix 6900 which to be honest I even won’t chase. Rectifiers I’m not mentioning as my head starts to spin instantly.

DAC as such is still well into burning in process but it became clear after initial several songs that all the raving from Yoda was genuine and to be completely frank, I never heard him raving about his products on this level while I would describe him as a quite humble and down to earth person. So, in all his raving there was a lot of meat on the bone. I personally find Horizon as a best blend of virtues his other DACs possess in terms of dynamics, details retrieval, slam, stage presentation, how deep it digs in terms of LF but as well as how high it can go with HF spectrum. All these attributes are nicely blended/wrapped with beautiful tonality that whenever listening I’m just craving for more and more and more music which to me is super important. I would say it does not draw attention to anything specific except ease of presentation and musicality, so there is no fatigue or whatever like that during long hours of listening that being “real” listening or just as a background music going on. Tube wise I tried quite a few and fil rouge for Horizon is that it sounds sublime with any tube I tried. I did not pay specific attention to details in this regard for time being, but few types stood out (mainly aligned with opinions in rolling thread) while for this occasion this is not too relevant.

To wrap up in one word, which I already used in tube rolling thread – it is a Masterpiece of a DAC in my honest opinion and I wish that whoever has a chance to hear it does so – it will not let you down.

@dminches - I hope I'm forgiven now :p

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
How to start this post regarding Horizon and in general not copy/paste all accolades that already have been mentioned/written in hundred plus pages of this thread. I guess quite a difficult task this will be. I personally knew for the Horizon project for quite some time, being even pre pandemic times (before Skynet took over), and once driving with my dear friend Norman aka @wisnon we’ve even contemplated about the name proposal which obviously was not “Horizon” :), but we still believe it was a nice contender (at least) :). Based on Yoda extreme enthusiasm at a time, we knew that he was cooking something exceptional.

Fast forward almost three years (cannot believe they passed so quick after the ordeal we witnessed and are still witnessing) and mouse gray aluminum heavy weight work of art is sitting calmly on my shelf (good feeling I must admit). I don’t have to, but I will repeat, that I’ve been lucky enough to live with quite a nice number of Lampi DACs in the previous period and I heard probably all of them in my own system so from that perspective I can say that I created a nice picture how particular DAC performs and in which “group” I could place it. I also need to state that his DACs made of me a tube collecting/rolling junkie which at the end of the day is a beautiful thing. Never will a transistor (kudos to them anyhow) put a smile on my face like inserting a 100-year-old tube collecting dust for decades and upon pressing a power ON button, starting to make a beautiful music. It is just like boundaries of time and space are gone and magic starts (reads a bit like fairytale and sometimes we do need them :)).

Going back to Horizon, it is absolutely clear on the first lifting of the flight case that many (all) things have been massively re-worked vs other units in portfolio starting from packaging, design of the chassis, quality of the chassis and color selection. What is inside of the unit I will not even mention as I’m not competent to comment but reading and seeing the tube complement this has too be the case as well. Design as such of course should not be discussed as we all have different taste, but I find Horizon gorgeous looking on pictures and even more in situ. Also, I kind of don’t pay attention too much on the rear panels but this one on Horizon I find just plain phenomenal and powerful looking. Nixie tubes also have their specific charm and with the buttons below in my mind create a nice “smile” emoticon. Selection of possible tube options to try out in Horizon is just mind boggling and one needs to keep his junkie habit of hoarding the tubes well on the leash not to get overly crazy and thanks God here I believe I did quite a good job with myself. So, in terms of pentodes, I got KT170, El156, EL51 and F2A quads on hand thanks to my great buddies in Zurich (extreme tube hoarders for TRP) while double triodes I would say I have majority of top ones excluding TS 6sn7 round plates and Bendix 6900 which to be honest I even won’t chase. Rectifiers I’m not mentioning as my head starts to spin instantly.

DAC as such is still well into burning in process but it became clear after initial several songs that all the raving from Yoda was genuine and to be completely frank, I never heard him raving about his products on this level while I would describe him as a quite humble and down to earth person. So, in all his raving there was a lot of meat on the bone. I personally find Horizon as a best blend of virtues his other DACs possess in terms of dynamics, details retrieval, slam, stage presentation, how deep it digs in terms of LF but as well as how high it can go with HF spectrum. All these attributes are nicely blended/wrapped with beautiful tonality that whenever listening I’m just craving for more and more and more music which to me is super important. I would say it does not draw attention to anything specific except ease of presentation and musicality, so there is no fatigue or whatever like that during long hours of listening that being “real” listening or just as a background music going on. Tube wise I tried quite a few and fil rouge for Horizon is that it sounds sublime with any tube I tried. I did not pay specific attention to details in this regard for time being, but few types stood out (mainly aligned with opinions in rolling thread) while for this occasion this is not too relevant.

To wrap up in one word, which I already used in tube rolling thread – it is a Masterpiece of a DAC in my honest opinion and I wish that whoever has a chance to hear it does so – it will not let you down.

The "dark side"has spoken :D

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012

Sincere congrats! Hope you will expand your horizon the next couple of months when the Horizon is going to mature and mature … have fun.

• Love
Reactions: ctydwn and Golum

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az

Goran
I thought I was reading a professional audiophile reviewer's comments on the H. Maybe Stereophile will hire you. Enjoy. Some day I will get my H.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Goran
I thought I was reading a professional audiophile reviewer's comments on the H. Maybe Stereophile will hire you. Enjoy. Some day I will get my H.
My guess is that had it not been for golum and Dminches there would be a better supply of tubes in the world :eek: Both of you give great advice as it has certainly made for a better listening experience in my room but damn, you guys are costing all of us $$$$:rolleyes:

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
It is truly a tube rolling paradise!

Reactions: christoph

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
My guess is that had it not been for golum and Dminches there would be a better supply of tubes in the world :eek: Both of you give great advice as it has certainly made for a better listening experience in my room but damn, you guys are costing all of us $$$$:rolleyes:

Steve, I can promise you that I have cost myself way more!

I have 40+ pairs of 6SN7s. No clue why.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Well your last recommendation was spot on ;)

That is an amazing tube and I think many will end up with 6SN7-type tubes in the Horizon. There is a reason why the stock socket was made for it!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing